Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G JR Radios

2.4G JR Radios JR 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 06:36 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think that this method works for everyone. Maybe you just got lucky. I tried it and it didn't do anything. BTW I am completely disappointed in Spektrum for this error. The error (to mu understanding) is caused by the battery either being disconnected or drained while the transmitter is on. This can also occur during a fuse blow with the transmitter on. The fact that a name brand company did not design around this issue is disappointing. I'll have to send this in soon. Till then I'm using a DX6i which at least gets the job done (after I had to take it apart to repair a short on the aeleron potentiometer, cmon Sektrum).
xcraftllc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just bought a DX7 today, and when I got home I turned it on to find the "BACKUP ERROR". I tried all the reset tricks that I read, and none of them worked. So I drove back to the not so local LHS, and they replaced it with one that works. I just hope that this is not something that will cause problems after it is out of warranty. I was surprised that they did not have the center hub for the CP Pro. Now I will have to order some parts before I can actually use the radio. I can't wait.
dirtysteve is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2009, 04:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just found a thread online about what the true fix for this is. This guy says he talked to a JR/ Spektrum rep , and actualy got him to admit that there is a jumper that has to be utilized to reset the PCU . Course the rep wouldnt tell what jumper to use or process of reset. here is a quote.
http://www.modelgeeks.com/Uwe/Forum....ternal-battery
Old 12-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys, i have a dx7 and till now no problems.
The microcontroller is a h8/3687 from Renesas, the physical reset is made conecting a low level in pin 7, according with datasheet.
The best way to do this is close a short circuit in the pins 7 and 8.
The pins are counted from left to right of the small dot engraved at bottom left corner of the CI.
I didn't try it, because till now I hadn't this problem, so i can't say that its works, neither that is completelly safe. So make it at your risk.
Good luck
mstel
mstel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Talking It Works

Just a quick thanks for this post I can verify it works.
A guy at our club had the backup error problem on his DX7 and I didnt want to loose all the programming for several helis and planks he had on it. I tried this hack on his TX and it worked a treat

For those having problems these are all the settings I used (heli version)

With the TX off

Put the stix in the middle (yes thats the throttle!)
Flt Mode N (Normal)
Hold-Rudder D/R on 1
Elevator D/R on 1
Gear on 0
Aux2 on 1
Aileron D/R on 0

Now press the UP scroll while powering ON the TX

Voila

Cheers
Glenn
Hirobo Quark & a few PLANKZ, Extra 260, Akromaster...
Yamaha YZF-R1
theglennster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
bod
Registered Users

I have this problem on a Spektrum DX7. Will go home tonight and see if the above fixes it.

Otherwise the word I am getting in Australia is that it can not be fixed? How can this be. Surely someone can reset the flash memory. If it doesn't work can someone recommend somewhere to send it to in the USA?
bod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi theglennster,
how come i cant sort it out, i have the same problem. it will take me 45 days to send and get back my Tx but you will make my day if you will mind to help me crash this meaningless secret reserved by spectrum...
saeed09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2011, 12:55 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

This did not work for my DX7. I also tried shorting pin 7 to 8 on power up as well as while it was running. When power was already on, shorting pin 7 to pin 8 which seemed to reset the processor as the system beeped like when powering on, but still returned to the "BACKUP ERROR".

Sigh, seems like a poor design to make it difficult to just reset the system to factory defaults.

-Chocula
Chocula is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 01:49 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Any more solutions to this error other than sending the radio in?
The button/switch/stick combo doesn't work for me
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverse View Post
Any more solutions to this error other than sending the radio in?
The button/switch/stick combo doesn't work for me
Nope, as noted it's a firmware corruption issue and only the service center can reinstall the firmware....
zeb29 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well doesn't that suck.
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2015, 05:35 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was having this same issue with my DX7 which started while trying to bind a new Blade SR120. I tried the other fixes suggested in this thread to no avail. Then I tried this- I started to turn the power switch on and off repeatedly while at the same time repeatedly pushing the bind button. It took maybe a hundred times but eventually I got the message to clear- the display was normal- I powered off and attempted to bind the heli again and it worked- I flew the model as normal and all seems well. Hopefully this will work for others.
HeliHavic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2015, 09:50 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

fiz no meu e funciono ele volto a vida.

a técnica e bem estupida mais funciona.
tem que abrir o dx7 ir ate a cpu e com o dedo umedecido pressione os pinos perto que estão perto do cristal, em seguida com o dedo nos pinos ligue o dx7.
aparecera uma tela com um quadrado na parte inferior e alguns números.
em seguida pressione increase e aileron d/r ate aparecer uma tela escura. ai e so resetar o dx7 que ele volta a funcionar. uma dica o dedo tem que estar bem unido.
hollp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2020, 01:51 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

where did you come up with this? Any more detail on the timing of button presses? Tried for a few minutes and no luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliHavic View Post
I was having this same issue with my DX7 which started while trying to bind a new Blade SR120. I tried the other fixes suggested in this thread to no avail. Then I tried this- I started to turn the power switch on and off repeatedly while at the same time repeatedly pushing the bind button. It took maybe a hundred times but eventually I got the message to clear- the display was normal- I powered off and attempted to bind the heli again and it worked- I flew the model as normal and all seems well. Hopefully this will work for others.
Larbar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2021, 10:26 PM   #35 (permalink)

Default Backup error

Well I was gifted a DX7 and when I turned it on all it said was backup error. I read through this thread and will try the fix suggested, but I thought I'd ask if there was/is anything new on this issue. Thanks!
azzir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in