Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2016, 07:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Introducing the Bump Controller CCS mobile app

Welcome to the new thread dedicated entirely to the open discussion of the Bump Controller Charge Control Software (CCS) mobile applications.
The Bump Controller is revolutionizing battery management and these companion mobile apps will take the Bump functionality and capabilities to whole new level.

This thread is being started, and is fully-sanctioned and supported by Revolectrix, but it will also be monitored by the Bump beta team. You are invited to ask technical questions or inquire about available features to your heart’s content. Answers will be supplied by team members who now have logged cumulatively, thousands of happy hours with the beta versions of these applications. Over the past several months, their inputs have helped shape the user interface and feature set of the Bump Controller CCS apps. From time-to-time, members of the engineering team, including myself, may step in to offer assistance in this regard; however, for the most part, this is their thread. ENJOY!

NOTE: If your topics are mostly about the Bump Controller itself, please continue to use the main Bump Controller thread instead.

The first release of the Bump Controller CCS app is designed for Android and is now available on Google Play.
This initial release of the CCS app includes the following features:
- Real-time monitoring, control, and charge setup of all 4 connected PowerLabs at the same time
- Automatic Bump Controller firmware upgrades over Bluetooth
- Quick BumpTag setup (faster data input)
- Quick Manual setup (faster data input)
- BumpTag scanning from mobile device (NFC support required on mobile device)

FUTURE releases of the CCS app will include the following features :
- Automatic upload and storage of battery charge graphs
- History, reporting, graphing of battery cycles
- Battery performance trending charts
- PowerLab options/settings management (like Windows CCS for PowerLab)
- PowerLab preset creation and configuration (like Windows CCS for PowerLab)
- PowerLab firmware upgrades (like Windows CCS for PowerLab)
- USB communication support (except for Apple iOS)
- Multiple connected Bump Controllers at the same time over Bluetooth
- Apple iOS version
- Windows 10 version
..... And lots of smaller features that will get sprinkled in as customers request them

The app will NEVER include advertising and will NEVER use in-app purchases for "premium" features. Your initial buying price will include all new features for the life of the product.

We are also extending the standard Google Play "buyers remorse" return/refund policy (2 hours) to a full 6 months to make sure you have plenty of time to evaluate the current capabilities, as well as the new stuff we will be adding along the way. We believe you'll find that the app is well worth the asking price, especially as the new features roll out throughout 2016 and beyond.

This initial $9.99 promotional price will increase as new features are added, but once you purchase, you'll get all new features that follow without paying extra. So the sooner you get in, the lower the price - that's our reward for the early adopters.

By offering the app separately, rather than including the cost with the Bump Controller, you can decide if it provides value to you. It also means that if you own multiple Bump Controllers, you don't end up repeating the cost on multiple units - something we wanted to avoid.

As time went on and we received more feedback from the beta team and customers, we saw the potential for the mobile apps continue to expand - more and more cool features we knew we wanted to enable with mobile apps. That of course means more and more development cost, but we're convinced its worth it given the potential value to customers. We want these mobile apps to become a kick-ass, feature-rich offerings that add considerable value to the product. We do NOT want to take the typical hardware manufacturer route of pushing out a "token" mobile app just so we can tout it in our marketing material even though it doesn't provide any real value and never gets new features. We want to build something that is constantly improving, enjoyable to use, and you depend on daily - hopefully something you simply can't live without.

So we hope you decide to give it a try and see for yourself if it's worth it.
And don't be shy about voicing your opinions on new features and priorities - this app is all about enabling the user experience that you want, so jump in !!!
RevoKelly is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2016, 07:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very cool! I have it working flawlessly with my old Galaxy S4, including the NFC bump tags reading a bump from my phone.

More options available through the app than I can see on the bump controller itself, and errors are very clearly mirrored on the cell phone. I don't know if the app makes a sound/vibrate if an error code is thrown though (could be useful for remote monitoring of charging with the phone in the pocket).

I don't know how the app handles disconnect/reconnect events if I walk out of bluetooth range at the field, but I will find out.

Happy to support the project regardless.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3778.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	638810   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3779.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	638811   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3780.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	638812   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3781.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	638813   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3782.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	638815  

Fauropitotto is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2016, 07:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauropitotto View Post
Very cool! I have it working flawlessly with my old Galaxy S4, including the NFC bump tags reading a bump from my phone.

More options available through the app than I can see on the bump controller itself, and errors are very clearly mirrored on the cell phone. I don't know if the app makes a sound/vibrate if an error code is thrown though (could be useful for remote monitoring of charging with the phone in the pocket).

I don't know how the app handles disconnect/reconnect events if I walk out of bluetooth range at the field, but I will find out.

Happy to support the project regardless.
Good, glad to hear its working well. We also tested with S4's in beta and had good success.
The option for sounds/vibrate is coming soon.
Right now, the app will attempt to auto-reconnect for a couple minutes, but then times out after that to save your battery. Once you back in range, just tap the Bluetooth->Reconnect and it shouldn't be more than a couple seconds before you're linked up and ready to go.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
Good, glad to hear its working well. We also tested with S4's in beta and had good success.
The option for sounds/vibrate is coming soon.
Right now, the app will attempt to auto-reconnect for a couple minutes, but then times out after that to save your battery. Once you back in range, just tap the Bluetooth->Reconnect and it shouldn't be more than a couple seconds before you're linked up and ready to go.
Who can be the first to answer the following questions ...

How do you open all subviews (Cell V, Cell IR, Supply, etc.) at the same time ?

How do you switch to viewing all PowerLabs at the same time ?

I want to see how "discoverable" it is.
Beta team members - you are not allowed to participate
Old 03-04-2016, 09:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can get all the subviews, but can't quite figure out the second one. Will play around with it this weekend.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
Who can be the first to answer the following questions ...

How do you open all subviews (Cell V, Cell IR, Supply, etc.) at the same time ?

How do you switch to viewing all PowerLabs at the same time ?

I want to see how "discoverable" it is.
Beta team members - you are not allowed to participate
1. Tap the subview a second time, which ever you're viewing and all will be displayed.
2. Tap the tab you're viewing up top again and you'll have a view of all chargers connected.
Racer686 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2016, 10:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer686 View Post
1. Tap the subview a second time, which ever you're viewing and all will be displayed.
2. Tap the tab you're viewing up top again and you'll have a view of all chargers connected.
And the winner is .....
Did you stumble onto it, or was it intuitive to try it ?
Did you already know that that's how Bump UI worked for showing multiple (active) chargers ?
Thanks for helping out with the feedback.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I knew the bump ui worked that way for the chargers by watching a beta team member's video a while back, so I thought the same principle might hold true for the subviews.

Any other easter eggs in there? It is the season , you know
Racer686 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2016, 12:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just tried the CCS software on a PENDOPAD 7 , on first connect to bump it upgraded the software ,haven't got the bump connected to charges yet that is the next step, if fact I might just whip up a 3 way power cable so I can have a play before I sort it into a case
Paul
Pile is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2016, 03:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What do I need to search for on the play store to find the app? I tried bump controller, CCS, fma, revolectrix. Can't find it

Jeti DS24 / VControl Touch
aziz76 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2016, 06:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziz76 View Post
What do I need to search for on the play store to find the app? I tried bump controller, CCS, fma, revolectrix. Can't find it
It shows up under "revolectrix" for me in the play store
Pile is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2016, 09:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I still can't find it. "revolectrix" brings up 'no results' for me. I am not used to Android and the Play store, is there a different store based on region? I tried searching for that but couldn't find anything

Old 03-05-2016, 10:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ctrix.bump.ccs

Old 03-05-2016, 10:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Introducing the Bump Controller CCS mobile app

It might be possible that your device doesn't match the app requirements, so the store isn't presenting it. btw love the app Kelly. I have it working on an lg ls620 phone that I had picked up for dlg flying.
--citizen 19-- ama#986265, W8RMB, T-Rex 700n 700e, 600n, 550X, 550e, 500 efl pro, 450 pro.. a couple of planks and a couple of quads...I am not a rep for anyone
cyclenut is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2016, 10:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks, it seems my device is not compatible. That's probably why it wasn't coming up in the search.

That's disappointing because I bought this thing specifically for this app. I checked that it's Bluetooth LE capable so I figured the rest would be OK too. Bummer.

Old 03-05-2016, 01:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice

My experience.

Installed to my Samsung Galaxy S 8.4
Connect to Bump.
Bump gets wireless firmware update automatically.
Set my orientation.

Screen is operational.

Installed to my Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone
Purchase already recognized.
Installed and it connected immediately.
Just a confirmation from the Bump for each device.

It's a nice touch that the Bump beeps when it gets any input from the app.

I can't believe I missed the release last night, but I've been a bit distracted with a home project.

I'm heading to the airfield tomorrow! Fun Fun
Old 03-06-2016, 02:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Odd behavior observed: app not displaying current information from the BC.

How I got there: I was storage charging a 12S pack under the "separate" setting, with one 6S pack per channel. One channel finished charging so I stopped and unplugged. The other channel continued for some time until it was finished, but when it was done, the change was not reflected on the app.

I've attached the photos I took of the event.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3783.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	639114   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3786.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	639115  

Old 03-06-2016, 03:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just FYI........

I thought I remembered reading when the BUMP was first announced that it would NOT work with a Nexus7 tablet?

Well, I just installed it on my Nexus7 (2013 model), and it seems to work just fine!

Also running fine on my Samsung Note4 phone.

<Sorry. Meant to post this in just the BUMP tablet thread.>

KevinB
KevinB is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2016, 01:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Android CCS app version 2.05 now available

My focus this week was on resolving the bluetooth connectivity problems on some tablets - like the Digiland.

I started out having 0% (0 for 10) success on my Digiland 7" doing a firmware download, and now with the changes in 2.05, I had 100% (10 for 10) success rate. So I'm hopeful that a fair number of communication problems will be solved with this release.

I also added a Bluetooth->Statistics menu option to help troubleshoot any other connectivity problems that may still exist. If you still have connectivity problems, take a screenshot of that info and include it with your problem description.

Next week I'll get started on a couple new features - next features on the list are (in priority order):
1. Bump: Support for selection of battery vs power supply from Bump UI
2. Android CCS: 4-charger layout support for all tablets (7" or larger)
3. Android CCS: Audible/vibrate alerts

Let me know how 2.05 bluetooth works for you.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:14 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

FYI - Android CCS 2.05 also seems to have fixed the bluetooth problems with the Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F, as well as the Digiland DL718M.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in