Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KBDD International

KBDD International KBDD Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2017, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Suitability of 690 / 710 on Align 700L DFC

Hi Guys,

I run the orange 325's on my 450x and can't imagine flying anything else now. (old brain and eyes...) The only (small) gripe I have is the well known issue of the wider root preventing folding back into the blade holder, meaning the damn thing doesn't fit into the carry box.

The main thrust of this post is to find out if the same issue exists for the Trex 700L DFC head with the 690 or 710 blades?

Also, as complete noob in the 700 world (five amazing flights so far), which size would be best suited for what is pretty much light sport flying? The thing is running an 850mx so there's loads of torque to swing the larger set, but obviously anything I can do to maximise flight time is high on the priority list.

What are the pros / cons of the two sizes?

Many thanks for any advice.

Cheers,
Andrew
Roowashere is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2017, 08:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kind of a generalization here. but typically longer blades equal more stable and floaty vs shorter blades equals more responsive and faster reacting. Obviously there are a lot of variables here.
At my lower skill level, I lean towards the longer, floaty, stable end of the equation since I can always turn up the rates well beyond what I need. For hard core smack (which very few of us can do) then the shorter blades might be a better choice.
MCX2, 120SR, Blade 4503D w/Robird G31, Trex 500 w/RC Aerodyne A109 Scale Fuselage, 2X Trex 500's, Trex 550 w/ BD3SX, 2X Goblin 570's, 2X Goblin 700's w/BD3SX DX6i, DX9, Phoenix Sim, and a credit card. HF member #178,534, AMA
danfornow1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2017, 08:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't tried the 690 or 710's on the trex, but have used them on TSA,KDS,SAB no issues with folding for transport. I have seen them on multiple trex 700 no issues. Depending on set up and flight style some have had to change some fbl settings due to wider chord of blades. Powerdyne posted a very detailed thread on this. don't have the link but you can find it I the KBDD forums. Hope this helps
Futaba cgy 755/760fbl
mike pound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in