Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dino banned from HF...Why?

All,

I just heard from a friend that Dino was banned from HF. Does anyone know anything about this?

Dino has been a great resource for us up here and I have read nothing he has posted that would constitute a reason for this to happen.

If anyone knows anything about this can you please share because many of us including myself would like to know why

Thanks
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 08:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dino Spadacinni is banned? I looked at his account it seems fine but I forgot where to check to see. I hope not I like him
Old 03-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t730036p1/
Old 03-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Must have been a glitch, because he's not banned now. To see if someone is banned, find a post of theirs and check to see if "Registered Users" is under their login name. That's the group the forum software has them in. It's part of the forum setup, but if nothing is there on HF, they are in the banned group.
KDS 550 VBar, 550E DHPS VBar, 550E DFC Pro VBar, 700E DFC HV iKon
beenflying is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Must have been a glitch, because he's not banned now. To see if someone is banned, find a post of theirs and check to see if "Registered Users" is under their login name. That's the group the forum software has them in. It's part of the forum setup, but if nothing is there on HF, they are in the banned group.
As long as it's not a permanent ban, it will say registered users, I think. If the signature, avatar and/or send private message link is gone, some sort of ban is in effect unless, they chose to not set any of those things.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
SYMAWD is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The pm option is gone from his options. He just posted a little while ago. Wth
shein95 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
As long as it's not a permanent ban, it will say registered users, I think. If the signature, avatar and/or send private message link is gone, some sort of ban is in effect unless, they chose to not set any of those things.
Good point. Yes, it looks like it's a temporary ban. I wonder why. Hopefully it's still a glitch and things will be sorted.
KDS 550 VBar, 550E DHPS VBar, 550E DFC Pro VBar, 700E DFC HV iKon
beenflying is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dino's in the Doghouse? I thought "Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect" was HeliFreak's motto?
XSNSX is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow, HF is so much easier to consume than runryder, but if you're going to ban someone that continually helps those of us on the forums, might be time to switch. At our flying field we are always trying to get representative of all manufacturers to participate, and here you had a guy that always participated, and you ban him???
Old 03-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe because he didn't post or put in his "signature" that he is affiliated with Align. Like if you are a rep, owner, team pilot etc...
what-d-heli is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow,what a shame..Looked through his past post and seems he was banned for no reason what so ever..
Old 03-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm pretty sure he used to have all the team affiliations in his sig even though its gone now.
shein95 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am not a moderator here but if I had to guess I would bet it was simply the system. If you log in from another computer or even the same computer in another place sometimes the system can ban you. It happened to me once. You can email the admin it is answered quickly and resolved with no problem. I believe it is part of the system which prevents your account from being taken over but you do need a good password all the same

Yay Dino's not banned I was like, what, no, what? lol
Old 03-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shein95 View Post
I'm pretty sure he used to have all the team affiliations in his sig even though its gone now.
He did..Im pretty sure when someone gets banned,the sig and pic under the name is removed until the ban is lifted..
Old 03-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

He is a very important source of information for HF.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok well now I am confused whether he's banned or not. Ultimately not my business but I will wait to see if I am privileged with a reason.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I sure hope someone can jump here from the HF team and let us know what is going on here. If it is a glitch then let's get it sorted out and move on.....
Old 03-20-2013, 06:52 AM   #18 (permalink)

My HF Map location

No glitch. Look at his join date, he knows the rules. Dino has repeatedly spammed this site, and been very argumentative with MANY people. He is also constantly cross posting advertising threads in the discussion forums. He made his OWN bed and now he is going to sleep in it for his timeout. It is not forever it is 5 days, UNLESS he makes another clone account, then it is 60 days.

Like this rule here that has been around since 2004: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=96

If you REP or are in any way affiliated with a Vendor/Dealer/Distributor, you need to identify yourself as such in your signature. Keep it real and don't shill or you will be banned immediately. If you are a REP for Company A, do not troll Company B's threads. It is unprofessional and blows your credibility as well as generating a lot of complaints for our staff to deal with.

Dino needs to stay out of EPIC Heli threads and not antagonize Mike Fortin. There is a lot more to it than it looks and it is against the rules for him to mess with any other manufacturer. The average heli flyer may not understand this but anyone who is close to this business knows EXACTLY what I am talking about. Nuff said.

Also this one from out Terms of Use:
7.3 Responsibility for Account Use and Account Termination. You are responsible for all usage or activity on your Helifreak.com account. Helifreak, in its sole discretion, reserved the right to terminate your account for fraudulent, abusive or otherwise illegal and/or unlawful activity. You are prohibited from making clone accounts or multiple accounts. You acknowledge, agree and consent to the report by Helifreak to the appropriate law enforcement agencies of any illegal and/or unlawful activity on your part. You acknowledge and agree Helifreak shall not be liable to you or to any third party for the termination of your account or access by you to this Site or Helifreak.com.

69.125.109.xxx : ool-457d6de0.dyn.optonline.net
Post IP Addresses
Dino Spadaccini 69.125.109.xxx
me4sure 69.125.109.xxx
Registration IP Addresses
me4sure 69.125.109.xxx

OK so some of Dino's posts that were moved from the discussion forums to M&D:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=499485
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=499387
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=498259
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=498034
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=494511
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=487583

If you click his username and go to statistics tab you can find his posts and threads and see for yourself. NONE of Dino's advertising posts were created in M&D by him, our HF Support staff had to merge them all and move them all to M&D, that is making work for us by Dino's actions and he has been warned multiple times.

The end.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in