Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4#6

4#6 Walkera 4#6 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #41 (permalink)

Ok... Here's a few issues with my new bird.

1. Weird throttle control. Hard to keep level. Almost always descending or ascending. I'm
getting used to it though...

2. When changing direction fast, or giving a lot of throttle, the tail kind of shakes rapidly...
Doesn't really disrupt the flight, but it isn't smooth, so it's probably not helping.

3. When going full forward it has a tendency to pitch left, the opposite when going full backward.

What's the deal? Do I just need to balance blades and adjust servo linkage for #3?

How do I fix the tail shake (#2)?

Thanks
danj1111 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Trying leveling the swash a little better. As for the tail shake that can be fixed by adjusting the "gain" on the Rx. Just read the book to find out which way you have to adjust. I got mine from WowHobbies and it's came pre-tirmmed. But not on the heli. The Tx adjustments were all off centered. So I recentered everything and adjusted the links a bit.
joeyhatch11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

that's how it's done. i think when they say flight checked at wherever it means it flew. not totally trimed. play with the swash links, and get her dialed in.
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
shaggybirdman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2010, 11:01 PM   #44 (permalink)

Okay, thanks..
I hate to sound too ignorant here... but I am. What kind of adjustments should I make to
the links and how? Is it just a matter of unscrewing the little screw thing that connects the
link arm to the servo, rotating it a bit manually and retightening the screw?
I'll look into the gain adjustment too. Thanks for the tip.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Set all your trim on the Tx back to center. Turn the heli on and wait for it to set up. At which point you'll see just how unbalanced your swash plate really is. From there just pop the links off the swash and either shorten them or make them longer, untill you get the swash plate as level as possible. Now even with the swash plate looking 100% level doesn't mean your not going to have to use some "sub trim" on the Tx. Maybe 1-2 clicks now rather than before where it was 6-7. With a properly level swash plate you'll notice how much more stable the heli is going to be in flight. Hope this helps. Dont unscrew the servo arm on the servo. You'll play hell trying to get it back on. Just pop the link off the swash plate.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 to joey
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #47 (permalink)

How do I make them longer/shorter. Do I just rotate it in/out of the threads more?
Old 02-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup thats all there is to it.

Update on the flight issue. For the first 2-3 minutes everything is awsome with the heli then like I mentioned before it likes to dive and hit the ground. Well, I was playing around today and with the canopy off I get almost a full pack out of it without it dropping off. We'll say a good 5-6 minutes. I did however use some photo paper and I printed one of those canopies. Looks awsome, I'll have to post some pics. With the paper canopy everything stays the same. Great flight time and awsome performance. Switching back to the stock canopy not so lucky, back to crappy flight times and not so good performance. With the canopies in hand the paper one does feel lighter, almost like there is nothing in my hand. I can only imagine what it would be like with the upgraded motor/esc and the paper canopy. By the way, the canopy looks awsome. I printed on some Kodak Photo paper so it has a nice gloss finsih. LOL
Old 02-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by danj1111 View Post
How do I make them longer/shorter. Do I just rotate it in/out of the threads more?
ok. power up your heli. center your trims on the radio. pop it in the air, and notice witch way it wants to fly. now i don't have a 4#6 yet, but there are 2 servos with links going to the swash plate. the one on the side is your aileron servo (side to side movement), and one to the front is your elevator servo (forward, and back movement). only change 1 servo link at a time, and only 2 turns at a time on the link then fly it, and see if you need more adjustment. depending on witch side the aileron servo is on will depend on weather you lengthen, or shorten the rod to make corrections. the ball ends have a inside, and a outside, so you have to adjust it in a full turn. no half turns. that will damage the ball end saying it will even pop back on.

heli goes right fix.

servo on the right of swash plate you make the rod longer.
servo on the left of swash plate make the rod shorter.

witch ever way the swash plate leans is the way the heli will move. i'm not totally sure if the 4#6 wants a level swash plate or not, but my cb100 has a bit of a tilt to it.

keep adjusting till it stops going left, or right.

heli gos forward fix.

the servo should be in front of the swash plate. make the link longer till it hovers without moving, or little movement. little movement that a full turn on the ball link makes it go the other direction is trimmed out via your trim switch on the radio. same goes for the aileron servo.

poof your done. power down your heli then radio, and power it back up. it should fly great now.

tail wag is adjusted via the pot on the receiver.

i hope this helps.

Jerry
Old 02-05-2010, 09:38 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Snuggles, when are you supposed to get your new motor/esc set-up? I'm really looking forward to hearing how it performs. If its a good enough difference over stock I'm going to order it myself. LMK ASAP!!! HAHAHA
Old 02-06-2010, 06:23 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hongkong -> Netherlands usually takes around 2 weeks for me. I didn't use EMS to avoid customs. So one more week waiting i guess.

Right now I am experimenting with a 4g6 main shaft on the 4#6. There is a thread on rcgroups which says that this would give you a more stable heli.

The 4G6 shaft is a bit shorter then the 4#6 one and therefore you have to shorten all your links. Right now I don't feel any difference in flying. Maybe the heli is a bit more responsive on the sticks.
Snuggles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2010, 06:37 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well so far all I've done was swap out my canopy to the paper one. That alone I've seen a nice difference in flight. I think that, with a nice motor upgrade should really set it off. If you had to guess, what would you say the pitch of the blades are? As for making it more stable, I think it's plenty stable. If anything I'll be looking to make it more aggressive. Was even thinking about moving in the flybar weights LOL. With my RTF package I bought, I also got spare flybar paddles that look "thicker" than the stock ones. Are they possible heavyier to help make it more stable? Thanks, Joe

Snuggles, what pinion did you order with the combo?

Last edited by joeyhatch11; 02-06-2010 at 10:12 AM..
Old 02-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey I was just reading on Wowhobbies website that the HP06 Motor can be solidered right to the stock Walkera ESC. Not sure if the 4G6 and the 4#6 have the same ESC but I would think they do. They did go on to say that during start up, it'll start with 90% of the Walkera's ESC. Whats that mean? It'll be super punchy at first?
Old 02-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it means that for 10% of the walkera esc's it will not work at all.

I wanted to be on the safe side so i ordered a XP-07 ESC together with the HP06.
With this ESC the motor is guaranteed to work and it is programmable too.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My engine has a 16t pinion.

As for the thicker flybar paddles. I did not use them yet. They don't seem to be heavier then the stock paddles and from what I have heard can can introduce the tail wobbling issues that some persons suffer from.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting about the flybar paddles. But still being curious about the motor/esc, I emailed wowhobbies so I'll post back what I find. In the interest of saving money, if it'll work just fine then I'm all in. If a new ESC is a MUST, I'll have to put the upgrade on hold.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a 4g6 and a 4#6 also, I Put the 4g6 main shaft on the 4#6 and didn't notice much differance at all. I find you don't want your swash level on the #6 a slight foward tilt works for mine the best. Also play with the angle of your flybar paddles. changing the angle on those changes trim points and stabilty. The large flybar paddles make it feel real slow to radio imputs. like having your expo turned up too much. Tail holds great first heli I haven't had to mess with. I still like the way my 4g6 flies better however. I just turned my swash mix values in alie and elev all the way down to 30% for indoors and I go to 60% outdoors. They are both smooth and stable helis now. Love them both.
mvert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

I too just noticed the swash needs a bit of forward tilt, otherwise she drifts back. But all in all awsome heli.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:48 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Both my 4g6 and 4#6 have the same wk-wst 10a ecs.
mvert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2010, 06:58 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool thanks for the conformation. Was curious about that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in