Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > DJI Multirotor Support

DJI Multirotor Support DJI Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2016, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DJI 2.4 Ground Station and iOSD mini problems

Ok, I am trying to learn how to program my own stuff as I have always had Brian or Eric do it for me.

I have a DJI F550 drone. Has Naza M V2, E300 ESC's, T-Motor770KV motors w/ APC 10x4.7 props running on 4S.I have it hooked up to a JR 921 Rx, have retractable landing gear. I have it hovering and the GPS, Atti, and Failsafe with working as well as the IOC switch. Also have the retracts working.

I have a Tarot 2T gimbal for my GoPro H3 BE on a separate 3S lipo. I just got a iOSD mini and a DJI 2.4 Ground Station w/ BT for my iPad. I have the video from the go pro to the video input of the iOSD.

The problem I am having is I can't get the drivers to download on my Windows XP laptop. I have the iPad with the app and I can connect to the something, not sure. But I am not sure how to update the 2.4 Datalink or the iOSD.

Am I correct that with all of this I should be able to see video and all the display from the Naza on my iPad? Shouldn't the video be transmitted through the 2.4 Datalink Tx down to the ground station? That was my take on it.

I wish they would support Mac. My Mac is way faster that this turd XP!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Eugene 316-204-6933
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1844.jpg (112.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1845.jpg (53.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1846.jpg (77.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1849.jpg (117.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1850.jpg (139.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1851.jpg (129.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2196.jpg (104.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2197.jpg (109.0 KB, 9 views)
tintmaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2016, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default None responsive audience

With all due respect to the folks who took over the HF forum Last year. We can easily see by the lack of responses in this forum section, that it is nearly a waste of time to request any DJI drone help here.
I have felt the loss of participation, and it's a sad and sorry state of affairs.
Even the forum mods are far less than cooperative here. A real Pity.

You might be far better off to repost this request on the DJI forums, where actual DJI pilots hang out.
I'm not sure why the folks who attend this forum are so lacking in offering any helpful assistance, or any advice at all. Completely useless forum section, that serves no purpose other than cheap entertainment or amusement, & a very mild form of it, at that.

If the truth stings, there must be some truth to what I say.

Chas
Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Traxxas QR-1 RealFlight Drone 6.5
ChasCS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2016, 07:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah I have this on 5 forums and no help from anyone yet. Even on the DJI forums.

About to sell all my heli's and drone and get back into drag racing. At least I know what I'm doing there and have lots of locals who will help me.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Naza m v2 might be too old

I'm here looking for similar information. Tintmaster, camera video does not transmit thru the 2.4 link to any GCS. A video transmitter/receiver with a separate screen is needed.

I fly a QAV500 W/dji M V2 + Datalink + Fatshark video

Other things I've learned in the past few days....
1)I've just Bought windows 10 tablet specifically for GCS 4, app crashes on win10 with no known work around. I had it working on windows 8. Seems that DJI is no longer supporting those apps in favor of new Phantom(for dummies) applications.

2)Ipad GCS is sketchy at best, that is why i bought Cheap Chinese Tablet.

3) I'm switching to UGCS software this week because DJI just wants to sell more drones and doesn't support/will never support us old timers.
Find it here https://www.ugcs.com

4) Chinese clones are crapping the market. Tried them, what a waste. Our Naza M v2's are pretty solid platforms. I still believe that they are great for our learning curve. The link, with a proper antenna management, seems solid. Bone up on your antenna gain knowledge for best results. Video transmitting +GPS transmitting +Radio Receiver+ Datalink is massive interference potential..... DJI has a proven track record with the equipment, they also have a proven track record when it comes to shitty application development and support.
elfkind is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2016, 08:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default UGCS Free version for DJI M V2 IS HERE

https://www.ugcs.com/en/page/products
Old 11-22-2016, 05:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info. yeah its pretty crappy they won't help us out on their lower end products. Want to push their expensive platforms!! Just greedy corporation!!
Old 11-23-2016, 01:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

DJI has been a world leader in the drone sales, but still growing up, when it comes to customer service and support. I know there has been some small baby steps towards improving this, but it has been moving quite slow for accolades, quite yet.

I'm thankful that I have a completely trouble free Phantom 3 Pro', but quite hesitant, in buying any more of their cutting edge products, for fear of getting a problematic unit, and not having their full hands on support, if anything ever went awry.

I can refer this thread to someone I know, that might be able to shed some light on your questions.
In the meantime, good luck. ;-)

Chas
Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Traxxas QR-1 RealFlight Drone 6.5
ChasCS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2016, 04:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default I still believe I didn't buy a piece of crap

There are plenty of commercial companies flying the Naza m v2 in cooperation with a hacked Canon (chdk firmware) camera to do photogrammetry. Imitating them, I bought a Canon sx230 and loaded the firmware and was amazed at what it can do. DJI is not really a software company, but they did offer us a good learning platform. My personal intent is to try to stay current with this tech and new software so that I don't get left in the dust. Since we are not programmers, we are at a disadvantage. This equipment is an interesting place for us to learn simple programing of controllers.... which I would expect will help us when we want to program other things (like for drag racing of the future)!
The curve freaking hurts and I consider myself a quick study.

I have a saying that keeps me going: Build a solid infrastructure first and the rest will come with time.

You have a really nice rig there, I think it would be a shame for you to let DJI ruin your progress. Here in CHLT we have a Saturday Drone meetup... basically, a bunch of old guys who bought Phantoms and Inspires (for too much money) and fly them to take pictures of themselves...Boring! These are not the droids I'm looking for! I think that this is exactly why you and I are having trouble finding help. Only those with a particular type of balls are taking our "build it yourself for cheap" mentality and push it to the limit. (Arial drag racing on a budget, LOL) Many things will become remotely operated in the future and those of us that put the time in will enjoy all of it. The old guys (i'm 49 so that is relative) will have to wait for DJI to provide the idiot version at a ridiculous price.

I have been forced, because of my large investment, to learn stuff about electronics that I actually always wondered about. The flying platform is not as important as the learning platform and this one, i believe, is solid. WE HAVE BALLS

The two YT channels that have been most helpful are Painless360 and RC model Reviews <-- that old guy gets into good theory type stuff.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default i'm an old fart too!! 52!!! Hehehe

I am keeping my f550. Just ordered a Black Pearl 7" monitor, ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8GHz Tx for the video and OSD. Should be here Monday!!

Got the iOSD and 2.4 Datalink mounted. I got a Castle BEC Pro for my LED's so I can have them at 12V's. I had a reg bec and now have it programmed for 5V's for my GoPro. But now with the ImmersionRC TX I see it provides 5V's for it so don't need it now.

Getting all excited to get it in the air!! Other than 15 feet hovering..

Everyone here is more into the drone racing.

Thanks for all your help guys, really appreciate it. I just hope I can get the Datalink and iOSD to update someday. Wish there was a way to hook them to my Mac....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2207.jpg (135.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2208.jpg (134.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2209.jpg (138.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2210.jpg (120.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 11-23-2016, 03:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What antennas

So I just got my Immersion 600mW 5.8GHZ Tx to send video from my GoPro H3 BE to my Black Pearl 7" monitor (should be here Saturday).
To get better range, what is a better choice for antennas? And should I mount it underneath for better transmission?

Also I read the instructions about the 5V output,not to be used on a GoPro. Is this correct? I do have a Castle 10A BEC already installed on my F550. Should I use that instead to keep the GoPro charged?

I am almost ready to get it in the air!! Thanks, Eugene.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default I just read this.... good question

I have a gopro connected to the same. I did not do the wiring myself but it works and I can reverse engineer it. I need to look and understand it myself anyways since the wires are far more complicated than any of my race quads.

I just picked up a TS5828l transmitter that I have been trouble shooting for a week (totally shit, stay away from them) So I'm stuck in video hell myself right now too
Old 12-01-2016, 11:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Damn, It's been a week???

Let me know if you got it figured out. Time flies went troubleshooting cheap Chinese shit that I knew I shouldn't have bought.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in