Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Newbies: Tips and Information

Newbies: Tips and Information Section of HF, specifically for Passing along info to newcomers to the hobby. Setup, tweaking, orientation practice, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default receiver question

first build......

I have a spectrum reciver its a ar610.... I also have a satellite reciver just the satellite, do I have to have a larger reciver to use the satellite with or is the satellite a stand alone thing ?

I'm trying to hook to a brain 2 and have the esc going to the brain then a jumper back to my ar610. its bound to my tx but my servos wont move and motor wont spool.

so can I ditch the ar610 and just use the satellite and plug it into the brain and be ok, I'm not to clear on it and google is worthless I have read the manual on the satellite and it is vauge.
Mainboom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2017, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes. Just plug the satellite into the sat port on the Brain and ditch the 610. Follow the Brain set-up procedure to select and bind the satellite as your receiver. You only need one for anything 450 or smaller; for a larger heli, you need two sats.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Open the Brain software in "demo" mode. It will help you with set up. Read the instruction on the left side of each page. It will clear things up.
jbobb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 07:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer View Post
Yes. Just plug the satellite into the sat port on the Brain and ditch the 610. Follow the Brain set-up procedure to select and bind the satellite as your receiver. You only need one for anything 450 or smaller; for a larger heli, you need two sats.
ok thanks ... just making sure I was right in my thinking, I just got a little frustrated and needed to know I was on the right track. hopefully ill get this thing flying by next weekend. been a long build due to work
Mainboom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 06:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've found, for me, the most important factor in success with flying is patience. It's good to enjoy the problem solving challenges along the way, because there will be some. (And that's why this place is here...) Good luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in