Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #521 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your best bet is to look here:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692

I would definitly be in idle up before you flip the switch though. If you miss a switch it could be bad.

By the way what radio do you have the sd-10?
jk3256 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2011, 12:38 AM   #522 (permalink)
Registered Users

JK that didnt help AT ALL. THIS IS the SD-10G forum right? Thats the radio I have.
Looking for Fmode 2, I THINK that is where I setup the "Idle Up" stuff thats on OTHER radios.
Geesh There is a tiny bit of difference between idle up and FLight mode 2. THats why I am asking. IF there wasnt I would have Idle up switch setup already.
paulGT3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2011, 07:58 AM   #523 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry I could not help. Best of luck to you.
jk3256 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #524 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Idle up is just a name... a name used to describe a flight mode typically used for aerobatics. You can use any of your five flight modes as idle up. Just set your throttle and pitch curves to accommodate your flying style.

Your heli's manual may have some suggested curves or you could start with some basic ones and change them as needed. For example, a starting curve for pitch could be -100, 0, 100 and a starting curve for throttle could be 100, 0, 100. As you fly you can make adjustments to those points and make use of the other points between them.

Adjust your throttle curve to help maintain a constant head speed. Adjust your pitch curve to make your heli respond however you want (gentle or snappy...)

-Farrell
Farrell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #525 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulGT3 View Post
JK that didnt help AT ALL. THIS IS the SD-10G forum right? Thats the radio I have.
Looking for Fmode 2, I THINK that is where I setup the "Idle Up" stuff thats on OTHER radios.
Geesh There is a tiny bit of difference between idle up and FLight mode 2. THats why I am asking. IF there wasnt I would have Idle up switch setup already.
No this is not the SD-10G forum. This is where the genral forum is.

https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143

As for idle up 2, have you watched my vids? I cover the flight modes.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #526 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob, with all due respect on both your points. I misspoke, I meant that isnt this the SD-10G
THREAD? Simple misstatement.

On the other point with all due RESPECT again, I am overwhelmed by all your videos. I don't have a clue on where to grab a specific video. On your SD-10G video SOME are in build videos, and I have a hard time finding them. There are 53 PAGES just on this thread and the idle up video could be here or on a build video somewhere else. I dont watch ALL your videos and then go build. I build then when I have a question I go look

I am an engineer and I am intimidated by this forum. Its not laid out like other forums, and YES when I have questions I either CALL Dr. Tim Dawson who is a close friend of mine or I come here and look the best I can. I will say that it appears that this is not the friendliest of forums. Newbies arent treated as the warmest of people until you are a regular or a insider.

HOWEVER there is GREAT data here and I come back over and over to try to find what I need. But its hard to find what you are looking for. I am a reasonably intelligent person. I DONT envy a challenged newbie in this hobby coming to this site and looking for data.
Some times people help the person asking a question directly or just ask "Havent you seen Bobs video!!" without pointing to the area. If you are the knowledgable person it would help if you showed the newbie the video link.

I have a Porsche forum that is more helpful to beginners. I hope that this forum becomes more warm to newbies to this hobby that is REALLY challenging to begin with.
paulGT3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #527 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Paul, the total list of my SD-10G videos are in the first post of this thread. Post #1.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...57&postcount=1

You will want to watch the F-mode videos which explain idle up also watch the system menu vids for switch assignments.

I am not understanding the comment how this forum is not friendly. Did someone chew you out in another thread or something? HF users usually take pride on being helpful to other especially n00bs.

Bob
Old 04-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #528 (permalink)
The man behind CHC

dude i just put a 3600mm lipo outrage pack in mine, wonder how long that will last hahaha. its perfect, pull the foam out and its a perfect fit.

i just took a sit and learned the radio, thanks bob!!
tony whiteside is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2011, 08:23 AM   #529 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cool Tony jumped over to Airtronics.

A buddy of mine said you were still using a JR 10 or 11 at Birmingham.
TRex 450L 6S Spirit FBL
Mr.HillBilly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #530 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I showed him how fast this radio was at IRCHA and he has been dying to get one ever since

Bob
Old 04-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #531 (permalink)
Registered Users

To illustrate how fast the radio really is, you could drive 3 swashplates with one TX/RX combination faster than most all radios can with just one swashplate being driven by their radio.
TMoore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #532 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Thats what I showed at IRCHA. We setup a Trex600 with 4 radios; X9303, Futaba 10C, Hitec Aurora, and the SD-10G. EVERYONE noticed how freakin much faster the swash moved up and down with the SD-10G. The Futaba 10C was very close to the SD-10G but still a difference. Tony's eyes popped out of his head

Bob
Old 04-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #533 (permalink)
Registered Users

The SD-10G will drive the swashplate up and back down before the A9 will even get it up.

TM
Old 05-01-2011, 01:43 AM   #534 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bob
Which heli build did you use with the Airtonics? I wanted to watch your vids before deciding to which Tx to get.
Thanks
Ken

ps
Found it on page 35 of the thread. Sorry for the bother.
Whew, took a while to read everything.

Last edited by kenghock; 05-01-2011 at 03:56 AM..
kenghock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #535 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

In case you did not find them it was the Pantera, Outrage 50, and Fury 55.

Bob
Old 05-02-2011, 08:36 PM   #536 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Bob. Appreciate the steer.
kenghock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #537 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay. Here's one for you guys.

Multi Gov Pro setup with SD10G.

As you know the 10G has 5 flight modes. 1 being normal, and 4 being Hold. Leaving F-modes 1,2, and 3 for your idle ups/stunt modes.

Multi Gov has 3 rpms you can set. I want to use F-modes 1,2, and 3 for rpm's 1,2,and 3 with the gov completely off in Normal mode so I can just fly a throttle curve in that mode.

How the heck can I do this? lol

No matter what I've tried I can only get the Multi Gov to read rpm #1 in Normal mode...As I want it off in Normal, than I essentially only have rpms #2 and #3 left. Because the only way I can see to get rpm #1 to be off in Normal mode is to set the Multi Gov rpm #1 to off (below 500)

Ideas?

DL

EDIT: Actually, what the real problem is, is getting the MG to stay off in Normal mode with the throttle above 30% where the MG turns on based on this signal.
MAAC #85462
Down Low is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2011, 08:25 AM   #538 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's easy. Assign a switch to the GOV Channel and you will have three gain settings for each flight mode on that GOV switch. There are 5 flight modes and only one needs to be HOLD and that would be FM4 or FM5. The hold function is optional.

TM
Old 07-09-2011, 06:08 AM   #539 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If I read that right you are wanting 3 gov. modes and 2 non gov. modes.

The only way I know how you could do this is if you have the Mult-Gov that is NOT in a plastic case. It has a Rev-Limiter mode. If you have that version all you need to do is put Gov. mode 1 and put the Multi-Gov into limit mode with a high head speed, then it will not mess with your throttle unless you over rev. the head, then you can set up 2 with normal throttle curves, then when you want a high head speed just put a 100% throttle curve and keep the Gov. in the same mode then let the Multi-Gov do its thing. Then you can set up 2 Gov. fligt modes like normal.

If you have the Mult-Gov in the plastic case that will not work because it only has Gov. modes and does not do the Limiter mode anymore.

Hope that helps.
TRex 450L 6S Spirit FBL
Mr.HillBilly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2011, 10:05 AM   #540 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HillBilly View Post
If I read that right you are wanting 3 gov. modes and 2 non gov. modes.

The only way I know how you could do this is if you have the Mult-Gov that is NOT in a plastic case. It has a Rev-Limiter mode. If you have that version all you need to do is put Gov. mode 1 and put the Multi-Gov into limit mode with a high head speed, then it will not mess with your throttle unless you over rev. the head, then you can set up 2 with normal throttle curves, then when you want a high head speed just put a 100% throttle curve and keep the Gov. in the same mode then let the Multi-Gov do its thing. Then you can set up 2 Gov. fligt modes like normal.

If you have the Mult-Gov in the plastic case that will not work because it only has Gov. modes and does not do the Limiter mode anymore.

Hope that helps.
Say what? The pro has limiter mode.

TM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in