Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2017, 05:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Can a wave file be assigned to each trim button?

I have got my T2 trim buttons assigned to adjust my tail gain, and it calls the precentage every second time the button is pushed.
I have my T4 trim button set up similarly for my cyclic gain.

Is it possible to assign a wave file to each button, so for example when I push the button to increase tail gain "Tail Gain increase" is announced and when I push the button to decrease the tail gain "Tail Gain decreased" is announced?

I have tried events, but it doesn't look like the TX recognizes each button as a seperate movement.

Maybe something Jeti could look into in the future?
Jeti DS-16. Whovian.
Necroscope is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2017, 03:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroscope View Post
I have got my T2 trim buttons assigned to adjust my tail gain, and it calls the precentage every second time the button is pushed.
I have my T4 trim button set up similarly for my cyclic gain.

Is it possible to assign a wave file to each button, so for example when I push the button to increase tail gain "Tail Gain increase" is announced and when I push the button to decrease the tail gain "Tail Gain decreased" is announced?

I have tried events, but it doesn't look like the TX recognizes each button as a seperate movement.

Maybe something Jeti could look into in the future?
I too would be interested in this type of ability since I don't/can't use trim on the FBL units and like to hear something when something unusual happens when a button is pushed!
taterb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2017, 05:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you don't want to worry about changing a trim on the transmitter by mistake you can disable the trim buttons.

Menu -> Fine Tuning -> Digital Trims

Click to select which trim you want, move to the function column and click, now scroll up until you see "..." and then click to select it. Repeat for the other three digital trims to disable the buttons.
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2017, 10:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I don't want to disable them, I already have them assigned to different gain adjustments. Hence the reason I want to assign a. Wave file each button.
Jeti DS-16. Whovian.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I asked on the Jeti rcgroup forum for you, also because I wanted to know, so here it is thanks dog breath

Quote:
go to "advanced properties" "sound of proportional controls", then select one and press button 3 (A-B) and scroll down past the Q 's until you find trims TR1 etc. Select the one you want, then go to "Mode" and change it from none to "voice". Then you can assign a file. Hope this is what you're looking for.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am pretty sure this is what I did, but if I remember correctly, it assigns file to both buttons, not a different wave file to each button.
But thinking about it more I suppose you could put in 2 assignment, and each assignment has a different wave file selected, maybe that is what they are suggesting.
Unfortunitly it is going to be 6 weeks before I get to my radio to try it out.

Thanks for the info.
Jeti DS-16. Whovian.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you leave the trim to voice, but don't assign a file, it will call out pos or neg percents, and the beeps will still make noise too. I use it for gyro gain adjustments, but it would be more useful for it to call out the changed gain number. I don't know how I missed this question here, but I did earlier.

Dan
Old 06-29-2017, 11:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath View Post
If you leave the trim to voice, but don't assign a file, it will call out pos or neg percents, and the beeps will still make noise too. I use it for gyro gain adjustments, but it would be more useful for it to call out the changed gain number. I don't know how I missed this question here, but I did earlier.

Dan
I have got the buttons working as you discribed above and that is working fine. The reason I was wanting to assign a sound file to each button is because if I assign other tuning adjustments to other trim buttons it tells me what Iam changing, just incase Ihave a spaz moment and push the wrong button. If I leave them all assigned to "Voice" there is nothing to distinguish what you are adjusting. Hope that makes sense.
As I said, it is fine the way it is, now it has become a project to see if I can get it how I want it.
Could it be done with a LUA application and have it call out your actual gain percentage?
I have had zero to do with that and would be a completely new learning curve.
Jeti DS-16. Whovian.
Old 06-30-2017, 06:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

So you could assign a .wav file for each different trim. At least then you know which button you pushed. I believe you're right, that LUA is the way to get trim values read out to you. "Idle 1Gyro Gain 59" would tell us exactly what we adjusted.

Dan
Old 06-30-2017, 07:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath View Post
So you could assign a .wav file for each different trim. At least then you know which button you pushed. I believe you're right, that LUA is the way to get trim values read out to you. "Idle 1Gyro Gain 59" would tell us exactly what we adjusted.

Dan
If this is the case, I assume the same LUA application could be assigned to the 4 sets of trim buttons (2 x up and down, 2 left and right) and it would give the precentage for that Channel?
I hope this doesn't make me get a DS-24 just for the memory needed for some of those LUA applications.
Not easy hiding a 3,100 New Zealand dollar purchase.
I am sure santa isn't that generous either.

Thinking about it more, would it be that much different to Teros's model announcement LUA app?
You are only using the app to annonce a channel name and percentage value. You would still program the buttons to make the adjustments as normal. Why make an app for something the radio is already capable of.
Jeti DS-16. Whovian.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroscope View Post
If this is the case, I assume the same LUA application could be assigned to the 4 sets of trim buttons (2 x up and down, 2 left and right) and it would give the precentage for that Channel?
I hope this doesn't make me get a DS-24 just for the memory needed for some of those LUA applications.
Not easy hiding a 3,100 New Zealand dollar purchase.
I am sure santa isn't that generous either.
Unfortunately Lua + Trim-buttons is a no at this time. Trim-buttons state cannot be read from Lua with current firmware.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeroS View Post
Unfortunately Lua + Trim-buttons is a no at this time. Trim-buttons state cannot be read from Lua with current firmware.
Ok, would it be possable this way. The LUA references the channel and announces the channel name and value regardless of what you are using to make those changes. If that channels value changes the announcement is made?
Jeti DS-16. Whovian.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in