Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC

Spartan RC Spartan RC - Quark, DS760 Gyros and other Spartan RC Electronics Factory Support

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2017, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default VX2

Coming soon??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DarkSyd3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2017, 09:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought summer 17 was the best guess?

Fauropitotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2017, 10:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

That would be nice. I think only Angelos know what changes/improvements he made but I sincerely hope there will be a rescue function

Old 01-24-2017, 10:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You and me both.

Rescue has saved my ass twice in the past week, out of what would have been thousands in damage. The downside is I can't get the FBL that has rescue to feel like how my VX1n feels in the air.

I can't really put into words the emotional rollercoaster I went through seeing my 770 falling towards the ground, but hitting the rescue switch and it just leveling off and giving me the chance to bring it back.

I'm not a new pilot, and let me tell you, that sense of security in knowing that crashing is no longer a required part of learning new maneuvers is amazing.

My wishlist for the VX2 - Rescue, no more Datapod for anything ever, and no more throttle V-curve for the governor.

No idea how realistic that is though. Perhaps I'm getting spoiled by the incredible speed of massive innovations by the FPV racing development teams.

Fauropitotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2017, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I totally agree with you about the rescue. To think of how much $$ I could have saved hitting that magical switch makes me cringe lol but NOTHING flies as well as the Spartan imo.

As for the Data Pod, I actually don't mind it at all. Way better than hooking the heli up to a laptop or tablet even. I get the whole integration and kudos to Big A for doing it FIRST 😜 but for me personally, it's really not worth having to spend $70 on another Jeti RX so I can have telemetry and the integration.
The telemetry is more important for me. And since the initial setup goes very quick all I do it stick the data pod to the heli for a quick trim flight and some live tuning. Don't really mess with it much after.

I'd LOVE if the give were a bit less clunky to get going. I never could get my oxy gov working with an HW 50 which I was only going for testing. I have zero complaints with the internal gov of the HW but that said, my external gov experience is nill.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm hoping to get some telemetry with it through my hobbywing esc's, and maybe spektrum will get their heads out of their butts and make a decent rx for helis that I could use to get it. Rescue would be good because it will sell a lot better, but my number one request is to have a dedicated power input like the old spektrum 7100r rx did.
GAUI NX7, TREX 600N, Goblin 570, Gaui X3L, DX7G2, AMA#970963 Citizen 420
907Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 12:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I actually like the datapod. Its small and easy to use. No need to bring a laptop.
lwnemesis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 05:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm with you, I like the datapod.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

What's better thought is no datapod with Jeti.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
pierredelica is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 07:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would agree with you, except that I don't have a jeti. So that train of though doesn't help a lot of us. The data pod works just fine for us spektrum guys.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

what will the v2 have over the v1?

Maybe we should do a list of what Spartan owners would like to see on the v2 that we find lacking on the v1?

I suggest the ability to export current FBL settings onto a document. It gets annoying having to write them down every time there is a major firmware upgrade.
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2017, 09:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl5973 View Post
what will the v2 have over the v1?

Maybe we should do a list of what Spartan owners would like to see on the v2 that we find lacking on the v1?

I suggest the ability to export current FBL settings onto a document. It gets annoying having to write them down every time there is a major firmware upgrade.

I believe you can do this already as long as you're using a PC.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSyd3D View Post
Do you know how to do this?

The only thing I was aware you can download is the flight log data
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2017, 02:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSyd3D View Post
No, if you have a Jeti, the radio has the ability to export settings, but it isn't something you can do in the Spartan Studio software.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 11:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like the data pod too, far better than having to use a laptop. Fits in the tool box, in fact I have 2.

The only thing I would like to see, and I think this is a must. I would really like one in blue. The red is nice, but can't get hold of them anymore. I don't like the yellow though.
Logging, well it would be nice, but I've just ordered a JLOG and TM1000 so not really an issue for me anymore.
700N MJ DTS VX1N, Logo 690SX - VX1e, 780L Top - VBar Neo, 700L Top - VX1n, Logo 550SX - VX1n, Goblin 570 (6s) - VX1n, Trex 550E Pro DFC - VX1n, Trex 450L Dominator (6s) - VX1n, Trex 450 Plus DFC - VX1n, JETI, DX9, Pheonix R/C, AccuRC, neXt
99100 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2017, 09:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

So basically rescue and logging are the most voted new additions. I second the saving feature in Spartan Studio and there is even no need for a Vx2 for that.
Mateyhv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2017, 11:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd like to have the tail gain and the governor not dedicated to the banks/setups (like the MSH Brain). At the moment, if you want to use the FBL governor you have to control the heads speed via the bank/setup.

Having them separated means you can have different agility/style settings independent to the head speed giving more flexibility of flight characteristics. It's also great when tuning as you can make an adjustment to a bank and switch in and out of it when testing without affecting other parameters.

So many things to fly, so little time.
Crashalotjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2017, 09:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashalotjoe View Post
I'd like to have the tail gain and the governor not dedicated to the banks/setups (like the MSH Brain). At the moment, if you want to use the FBL governor you have to control the heads speed via the bank/setup.

Having them separated means you can have different agility/style settings independent to the head speed giving more flexibility of flight characteristics. It's also great when tuning as you can make an adjustment to a bank and switch in and out of it when testing without affecting other parameters.
I was doing this with my esc gov and 3 Vortex modes, 9 combinations, I absolutely loved it. But, the Spartan gov is far superior and I'm back to 3 only, so to run independent speeds and banks would be sweet.

Steve
Old 09-02-2017, 10:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default VX2 anytime soon?

I'm looking for a FBL unit for an Oxy2 and want to see what the new Spartan VX2 version offers. Anybody have any idea on when it releases?
Macaco2512 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2017, 01:04 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

No ETA or official announcement, so if you're after a Vortex for the Oxy2 I'd just go for the Vortex Pico, that's what I fly on mine.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in