Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters > Electronics

Electronics Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2014, 05:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was thinking of using this PowerBox Evolution to supply my Rx and servos via 2 x 7,4 volt LiPo (one LiPo is backup).

link to Powerbox = https://www.powerbox-systems.com/pro...evolution.html

You can feed your servos with 7,4 volts if you desire to run HV servos (i do).

This system with and iKON and 2 DSMX sats. This is what i am aiming at. I run an iKON on my 600E Pro DFC and havent had any issues and i find setting the thing up easy.

I think it is doable.
Align Trex 450L DFC Head, 3GX
Sweetfrost is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

That is a sound solution that will make sure your servos get the power they need without putting undue stress on the unit. I know that the AR7200BX has an internal track system capable of handling up to 10A thought it and I think even the Skookum can handle similar loads but when you have a very expensive model depending on constant power without brown-outs, the external power bus is the way to go. Have a good time with your heli. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2014, 04:23 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a correction for my previous post. Im not going to use the iKON or a powerbox.

Bin doing some research and found out that the iKON does not support 4 servo swash setup.

And to keep things a little simple the AR9110 is the Rx im going for. It has dual battery input and up to four satellite antennas.
As for flybarless controller there are 2 brands im considering. Spartan Vortex VX1 or the Bavarian Demon 3SX. Both supports 4 servo swash.

A few days ago i finally got the Vario R22 fuse .. The quality of the kit is very nice.

Now im saving up for mechanics and all the electric stuff. And the best part... i am now near finished building a new "shop" so i have a good environment to build. Took a good chunk out of the living room and put up a new interior wall with a door.

Heres a few pics ..

Align Trex 450L DFC Head, 3GX
Sweetfrost is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2014, 07:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Keong
Tried to PM you but didn't work LOL

I got to maiden my 429 mechs WITHOUT a stab system and she was smooth and very predictable even for this old guy LOL

There are two videos of it in the large scale section under scale electrics. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program....
Old 11-19-2014, 07:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
A power bus is not a BEC. You supply the power bus with electricity from a BEC, first, which in turn, then powers the receiver. The idea is that you let the bus directly supply power to the servos and only use the receiver for signals, taking the load off the internal tracks of the receiver. You can and will burn out a track in a receiver if you have a servo go into a stall condition along with having a heavy draw from any of the other servos UNLESS the manufacturer of the receiver guarantees that it can supply a stalled servo with power from the onboard circuitry while also supplying the rest of the servos with power to run them. All it takes is one at stall and your power consumption goes through the roof. Take care.

Don.
hi don, might you be able to put up a simple schematic ?

best,
mike d.

SA315B Lama (4FM200L), RX2618V-D, Devo8s;
AS350 Écureuil (Roban Superscale 700), AR7200BX, DX8
MAAC#88108
Love the Lama is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2014, 11:57 AM   #26 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Love the Lama:

This is how most of my large helicopters are wired. Be very careful to disconnect the red wire from the ESC to any receiver or power bus if the ESC has a built-in BEC. You can set your BEC voltage for what ever your servos and electronics can handle. If in doubt, 6V is pretty much safe but be careful if your tail servo requires 4.8v. You will then need a step-down just for that servo line but those servos are few and far between. Hope this helps.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Illustration for Power Bus.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	550782  
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2014, 12:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

mighty big thanks, don.
as always ...
mike d.
MAAC#88108
Love the Lama is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in