Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Aftermarket servos

Anyone find a direct replacement servo for the 300x yet? Just realized a servo did strip from the crash and I'd rather not buy another eflight servo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You'll need to buy a set of three servos unless you replace it with a stock servo, otherwise your servos won't be in sync with each other. I put a set of Savox SH0257servos on my 300X and they're excellent. Also, they're just enough bigger than the stock servos that they fit tightly and help to stiffen the frame up. There are lots of servos out there that would serve you well. Here's a link that might help you out:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=439149

I know a few folks are using the Solar servos and liking them, for $9 a pop I'd give them a try if I were looking for servos. You'll have to mod the frame slightly to make them fit, but it's no big deal, plus a few are putting a small piece of foam under the servo motor to keep it from shifting under the loading a heli puts them through.
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is plenty of options, be aware that you will have to redo some settings when you change servos, luckily it is quite easy, just make sure you adjust everything you need to do.
petedee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Replaced mine with Align DS415M on cyclic & DS425M on the tail.
They work great & aren't too expensive.
I did go thru the Bx programming & adjusted as nec.
Drev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'll probably just buy one stock servo for now, then in January update all three. About to start the E5 build in January and need to make sure I have enough cash for the electronics so don't want to spend too much on anything else other than Christmas shopping for now. Thanks for the great ideas!
Old 12-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Save yourself more $'s and just buy the servo gearsets ($3-4 each). Only takes me ~5-10 minutes to replace these.

cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drev View Post
Replaced mine with Align DS415M on cyclic & DS425M on the tail.
They work great & aren't too expensive.
I did go thru the Bx programming & adjusted as nec.
Did the Align DS415M fit without and modification...?
Old 12-09-2012, 06:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I replace my 450x servos with Hitec HS 5065mg

on the cyclics and the MSG-5084MG on the tail and

theyr'e great. I'm thinking if the 300x and 450x

share the same ds76 servos the Hi-tech will fit

the 300x, correct. That's what I'll be doing to my 300 in

the near future.
347mont is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
Save yourself more $'s and just buy the servo gearsets ($3-4 each). Only takes me ~5-10 minutes to replace these.

cheers,
TomC
+1, no need to replace the entire servo unless you just want to have one entire unit to swap out while you replace gears in the spare.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So, if money was NOT a concern, what servos would you guys put in this bird?

180 CFX, Nano Cpx, Mcpx v2, Mcpx BL, 300X W/ Savox Servos and Don's Wicked, Trex 450L Dominator W/Skookum 720BE and GPS, DX9, (Retired Schluter Scout 60 and Junior 50)
whatevva is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ds95 & ds95i seem to be best micro servos

Sent from my Galaxy SIII with Tapatalk...spelling will be bad
Old 12-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Supertuna,
The lower servo on the back side of the frame (the 2 that are stacked) needs a tiny bit of the lower side of the mounting tab filed off to clear the little step on the frame at the boom mount.
Took about 10 seconds to file off. Hope that makes sense. Take a close look and you'll see what I'm trying to explain. Other than that they fell rite in.
Have fun,
Drev.
Drev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrceo View Post
Ds95 & ds95i seem to be best micro servos

Sent from my Galaxy SIII with Tapatalk...spelling will be bad
Probably are but they are also probably the most expensive, other options work very well at a fraction of the cost.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by petedee View Post
Probably are but they are also probably the most expensive, other options work very well at a fraction of the cost.
Indeed. Plus, the old saying "That's like putting a $200 saddle on a $20 horse" comes to mind.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
This comment by Pete and Chris on the cost are valid on these servos as there is clearly a buy-in cost for that performance. The other thing that is relevant on those particular servos is they're also MUCH heavier than the stock servos. I don't think you necessarily notice that weight on a 450 sized heli as I personally run a DS95i on the tail of my 450X and am happy with it there, but I think it would change how much the 300 floats by running these.

If you do want to change, I am personally running Spektrum H3000 cyclic servos on both my 450X and 300X and have been very happy with their performance and durability. They seem to be a nice, fairly reasonable, option for a higher performance cyclic servo that is metal geared and more durable and reliable than stock. I probably have over 350 flights since these upgrades on both my 300 and 450 and I have been happy with the choice. I am running a Hyperion DS11GCB for a tail servo on my 300X and have been very happy with it. It gets good reviews and is much lighter than the popular metal gear tail servo options. To Pete and Chris's point, too, it's also roughly 1/3 the cost of a DS95i, too. I would be lying, though, if I didn't say I wasn't thinking about going back and putting a stock set of cyclic servos back on my 300X to see how it performs with that lower weight with the Wicked Motor and HiModel ESC that I'm now running on mine. As always, just my thoughts and YMMV.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agree with all you say Chris, I am mindful that the complete original airframe with all electronics except for the AR7200BX is only worth about $80-100 so do like to keep the cost down a bit, that said I have swapped to alloy for some parts and the Astroid frame stiffener and am running 65HB servos on collective and TNG-306G on the tail and very pleased with the results. Just swapped to the MH CF blades after I damaged a blade after flying into the ground doing low level circles.....
Old 12-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Agree with all you say Chris, I am mindful that the complete original airframe with all electronics except for the AR7200BX is only worth about $80-100 so do like to keep the cost down a bit, that said I have swapped to alloy for some parts and the Astroid frame stiffener and am running 65HB servos on collective and TNG-306G on the tail and very pleased with the results. Just swapped to the MH CF blades after I damaged a blade after flying into the ground doing low level circles.....
Have you flown the MH blades yet Pete? I'm curious what you think of them. I know, I know, off topic.....
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post

cheers,
TomC
I have to +1 this as well. I bought 2 kits from my LHS for $2.99 each. Works like a charm except for one of the servos had a burned out motor. So far I've replaced that servo and fixed my servos 3 times with the 2 kits. Money well spent. Eventually I might go with nicer ones, but at my skill level it's easy to repair with all the crashin goin on around here.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahbmxer View Post
I have to +1 this as well. I bought 2 kits from my LHS for $2.99 each. Works like a charm except for one of the servos had a burned out motor. So far I've replaced that servo and fixed my servos 3 times with the 2 kits. Money well spent. Eventually I might go with nicer ones, but at my skill level it's easy to repair with all the crashin goin on around here.
Hey, I'm still in my 'crashing all over the place' mode (working on inverted hovering ATM).

I put the Solar servos on just for that purpose (on both my 300x's)... they are metal geared, work great, and I have crashed like no one's business a TON of times and they are still going!!

They are only $9 each, so thats equal to 3 replacement gear sets per stock motor. Trust me, you WILL get tired of replacing gears after awhile..

I strongly suggest you go this route (if you don't wanna spend a lot of $ on upgraded servos). If you do, there are a couple things to look out for and I'll be happy to run them by you if you like
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 03:56 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixfisto View Post
Hey, I'm still in my 'crashing all over the place' mode (working on inverted hovering ATM).

I put the Solar servos on just for that purpose (on both my 300x's)... they are metal geared, work great, and I have crashed like no one's business a TON of times and they are still going!!

They are only $9 each, so thats equal to 3 replacement gear sets per stock motor. Trust me, you WILL get tired of replacing gears after awhile..

I strongly suggest you go this route (if you don't wanna spend a lot of $ on upgraded servos). If you do, there are a couple things to look out for and I'll be happy to run them by you if you like
Would you have a link to the Solar servos you are running.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in