Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDE Direct Upgrades and Accessories

KDE Direct Upgrades and Accessories KDE Direct Upgrades and Accessories Factory Support Forum

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FNFAL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2020, 09:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ladies and Gentlemen, KDElvis Has Left the Building

Except for a few motors, according to the website, it looks like all other helicopter related items have been eliminated. Patrick was passionate at times, and things could get heated, but that's because he cared. Sorry to see them go. They were a great force for good in the heli world whilst it lasted. Cheers!

Last edited by FNFAL; 05-22-2020 at 02:46 PM..
FNFAL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2020, 12:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

They’ve been gone for a while.. I miss them. I saved my emails from Patrick, I don’t know why, but he was a good dude.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yup! Been phasing-out. But now no trace that the heli stuff ever existed. The speed at which the RC heli vanished in popularity overall is breathtaking. Never would I have predicted this. Sorry I entered the hobby late ~2006 and just caught the peak. But then again, the way American life has changed is breathtaking too in that time frame from my view as an "X"er. Interesting the latest generation is "Z", the last in the alphabet. But, something just intrinsically creepy about drones and the energy they give-off that will keep me forever in never-land.
tonys-heli likes this.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I there a motor shafts compatibility list for KDE motor shafts replacement?
curmudgeon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2020, 06:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
I there a motor shafts compatibility list for KDE motor shafts replacement?
https://www.kdedirect.com/collection...placement-kits
Old 06-07-2020, 06:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I mean once KDE motor shafts are sold out, is there a non-KDE branded shafts compatibility list with other brands of shafts (Xnova, Scorpion, etc.) that will fit the KDE motors?
curmudgeon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2020, 06:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

It will be Xnova or 40xx/42xx Scorpion for the bigger motors (8mm shaft inside the motor).

For the 600xf and below it will be a bit harder to find since some use 6mm straight through which scorpion doesn't do. Will just have to measure the existing shaft and search, or else make your own with 6mm shaft. For more normal 5mm to 6mm stepped shafts scorpion should have some options.

The snap ring groove is mostly optional depending on how the heli is made (if pinion is helical and pushes the can out of the motor then it won't work).
Old 06-07-2020, 08:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

it would be easy to find a bearing with the right id for a scorpion shaft though.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh man - what a bummer. I snatched up a 600xf-1100 at the last minute for an anticipated 550 build. Glad I did!

-Ideals are peaceful - history is violent.
Skeezix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2020, 02:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I loved his stuff, but I am leaving the hobby myself because of old eyes slow thumbs and the FAA stuff.

Sold a couple of my Helicopters last summer and they went quickly, one reason I think is I had everything KDE upgrade on them other than the motors.

When I first started out I lived in Washington state and they said he was out of Portland, met a guy that did and still does an online store that new him personally and only had good things to say about him.

Charles
Old 08-09-2020, 02:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just bought a KDE 600XF 1100 rpm/V motor for my Logo 550. Great service and fast shipping.

They seem to have plenty of multi-rotor and helicopter (single rotor) motors in stock.

I really like the flexible motor wiring and pre-soldered bullet connectors. It makes installation a breeze.

I'm impressed with the efficiency of the motor too - it's a great choice for this class of machine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in