Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > OXY HELI > Oxy3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2020, 10:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hello

Oxy 3 with original DX7 radio. Using governor, three flight modes.
My issue is when I flip off throttle hold my throttle is at neutral my helicopter Spools up but it wants to spin clockwise and rudder input appears to do nothing. Help???
gagallagher04401 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2020, 11:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

please clarify throttle at neutral( what do you mean by that) and check the correction direction of the rudder gyro , while your at it make sure that the elevator and aileron are correct too
Old 11-26-2020, 06:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

The Throttle so blades are at 0 degrees pitch.
I’m having issues walking through and verify everything on the brain program on my laptop I haven’t flown this helicopter in a couple years and I have forgotten how to do a lot of the stuff on it. Any help would be wonderful. Thank you.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagallagher04401 View Post
The Throttle so blades are at 0 degrees pitch.
I’m having issues walking through and verify everything on the brain program on my laptop I haven’t flown this helicopter in a couple years and I have forgotten how to do a lot of the stuff on it. Any help would be wonderful. Thank you.
Did you adjust the gyro gain in the radio?
Witemamba is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2020, 10:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I used to fly the helicopter with the DX7. It always worked great then I tried to set up the helicopter on my new DX8 but didn’t have much luck so I said well I’ll just continue to fly it on my original DX seven I haven’t changed anything within the radio since flying it last time. I messed with the brain a little bit on the computer I’m trying to set it up with my DX8 radio but Are used to fly the helicopter with this radio. It always worked great then I tried to set up the helicopter on my new DX8 but didn’t have much luck so I said well I’ll just continue to fly it on my original DX7 I haven’t changed anything within the radio since flying it last time. I messed with the brain a little bit on the computer when trying to set it up with for my DX8 radio but I wasn’t able to set it up or make it work properly so I tried to leave everything the way that it was prior when I was flying it with my DX7. (I don’t think I changed anything in the brain program) The only thing that appears to be odd is when I spool it up the helicopter wants to spin clockwise and rudder input makes no difference at all, in either direction.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you have a brain or brain2? It sounds like your rudder channel is reversed, which can easily be changed in panel #9. However, I would go to panel #5 and verify all of your radio controls are working the way that they should and correct anything you need to there before doing this.

Personally, I would get the DX8 working correctly. More channels will make it where you are not limiting any functions like rescue or bank switching. Assuming you had everything working correctly with your tx file in the DX7, you should be able to copy that file over to your other radio. Once that is done, re-binding is all that should be needed. Then hook up to your brain and go panel-to-panel and verify controls (especially panel #5).

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2020, 04:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That’s not quite that simple because it’s the original DX7 not the newer one. I will definitely check out panel number five and panel number nine I believe I just have the regular brain not the brain2.

Thank you
Old 11-28-2020, 08:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So I have just the brain not the brain2. It’s version 3.2.060. I’m trying to go through and verify stuff it’s almost as if my radio isn’t bound but I know that it is because throttle hold if I flip it off the blades wanna spin, flip it on and the stop. It’s Spektrum Dsmx receiver. When I go to panel number five the sliders on the program are kind of bouncing around input commands from the radio appear to do nothing.
To say the least I’m very frustrated because I know it’s something silly that’s not allowing things to work properly any help would be appreciated
thank you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in