Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC > Spartan Vortex

Spartan Vortex Spartan RC - Vortex VX1 Factory Support Forum

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2014, 10:02 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it an all or nothing when it comes to that? If it's close enough then you get your requested governor speed and if it's not the motor won't run or will it run but not at the requested speed?
shein95 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2014, 10:05 PM   #42 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by shein95 View Post
Is it an all or nothing when it comes to that? If it's close enough then you get your requested governor speed and if it's not the motor won't run or will it run but not at the requested speed?
As long as your ESC is getting something other than 0%, the motor will run whether the gov is on or off. If it's too low, the gov will not engage and your head speed will be at something lower than 75% of your desired head speed.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default all set

I have done as instructed and everything seems to be working well with the blades off will try both birds tomorrow.
frito169 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 12:47 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
No. It's just the 3-step process and you're done with that part. You don't want or need to go back to select Heli Middle.

Not sure on this. The ESC I'm using is not the V-Bar version, but it programmed exactly as it was supposed to. I don't know exactly what the V-Bar version has that the non-V-Bar version doesn't, but the ProgCard procedure is the same from all that I've read.

I guess the bottom line is that the procedure works.
the vbar version has two cable master and slave where the master is your trottle cable and the slave you need the signal line that is where your RPM signal come and the + and - line is for extra BEC power ( dont want to plug this on the RPM port as you will get the full voltage you have set your BEC on , plug only the signal line ) and you get the strange series of tones after programming as in post #9
I believe YGE version 4 got this
Old 12-02-2014, 12:52 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

At least with vbar using Heli middle for spoolup gives problems and poor gov performance and no bailout. It's due to the yge not making the switch to plane middle properly. Known issue.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:52 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity90 View Post
At least with vbar using Heli middle for spoolup gives problems and poor gov performance and no bailout. It's due to the yge not making the switch to plane middle properly. Known issue.
I forgot about that. I think it's something around 70% that it makes the hand over to the full governor control. That's probably going to be a problem for me since sab doesn't make a pulley small enough for really low head speed on a 14s big belt. I figure I'm going to be in the 60% range at 1500.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:03 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I forgot about that. I think it's something around 70% that it makes the hand over to the full governor control. That's probably going to be a problem for me since sab doesn't make a pulley small enough for really low head speed on a 14s big belt. I figure I'm going to be in the 60% range at 1500.
Yes, doesn't the spartan have a soft start? Don't try :p
Old 12-02-2014, 06:07 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure. I haven't finished the setup yet. When I was flying a vbar on my old 550 i was in that lower throttle range and actually had it set for plane fastl/plane fast and still started pretty smooth.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:28 AM   #49 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity90 View Post
I read that whole thread, and saw where you couldn't get the same results as some others using Heli Middle and Plane Middle. Not just you, others as well.

Seems it has to do with motor type, gearing, start up powed, throttle setup, etc. Mine is working just fine on Heli Middle and Plane Middle.

There were numerous different suggestions in that thread on what to set things at....some said use Plane and Plane, some said Heli and Plane, etc.

I believe the recommendation was to start with Heli Middle and Plane Middle, then work from there to get things how you want. No single set of settings worked good for everyone.

Sent via phone
Old 12-02-2014, 07:29 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a quick question, a phase sensor must be needed so where does this connect to the Vortex? Or am I being a dullard
daveyoung is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 07:32 AM   #51 (permalink)

My HF Map location

The RPM port. Its under the top row of ports.

Sent via phone
Old 12-02-2014, 07:47 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
As long as your ESC is getting something other than 0%, the motor will run whether the gov is on or off. If it's too low, the gov will not engage and your head speed will be at something lower than 75% of your desired head speed.
now that i had all night to think about it i guess thats not that big of a deal to find. depending on your headspeed that range would be 300-500 rpm which is more than enough to notice the sudden increase once you hit that range.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:53 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 25%

Quote:
It's within 25% of the rpm that you set. Bob mentioned the vortex does not have a soft start, that is controlled by the esc.
frito169 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 08:00 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito169 View Post
It's within 25% of the rpm that you set. Bob mentioned the vortex does not have a soft start, that is controlled by the esc.
I was actually referring to the internal program of the yge. The hand off from heli middle to plane middle or however you have it set. I remember that being in the 70% throttle range.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question for Angelos, I suppose. Instruction states that we must set up throttle curves as for Nitro. But, there are also parameters "Collective to Thro" and "Cyclic to Thro". And there is a "Feed Forward" parameter.
Why setting "Coll to Thro" and "Cyclic to Thro" aren't enough? Aren't they do the same thing as throttle curve and "Feed Forward"?
Vovets is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 09:43 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

will there an update on the spartan studio for e-gov
Old 12-02-2014, 09:47 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragge1 View Post
will there an update on the spartan studio for e-gov
Read post #1
Vortex VX1N
jacquesjb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 11:57 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob O noted setting the YGE, it is importante so do not forget to do this;
Quote:
There is a procedure to follow for putting the YGE into External governing mode.

Via ProgCard, after setting the Stop and Full to match low and high stick positions, set the Startup to Heli Middle.....Gov Off (3 times) and Plane Middle. Then use the Vortex Throttle Setup and set Max and Idle endpoints for max motor RPM and motor off.
trollycamber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 06:11 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got it wired up and looks good to go. Curves aren't a big deal at all. Have iu 1 at 1600 and 2 ar 1800 and even with only a 1% difference in throttle it made the big jump between the two. Can't wait to fly it.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:39 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are those testing with the scorpion commander series ESC's using the scorpion opto cable on the rpm sensor lead?
lowey79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in