Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Main Forum - Multirotor Talk

Main Forum - Multirotor Talk General Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2016, 11:45 PM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

any updates? anyone fined or publicly flogged yet? injunctions? stays?
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2016, 09:39 PM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure , but saw this on a FB group
" Today I bumped into an old flying buddy at the field. He has a racing plane he'll sell me. Another guy is giving me another plane... When I came home to unload my birds back into my storage, I saw a quadcopter cruising over the houses. I got checked by the FAA Nazi SS Officer at the flying field today. Wanted to see my registration. So, I showed him my papers.. 2 people were ticketed for flying too high. Wonder how much that will cost?"
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2016, 10:09 PM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users

bummer. i wonder if people are ditching their birds because they fear the luFAAtwaffe patrol.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:49 PM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaetetus View Post
any updates? anyone fined or publicly flogged yet? injunctions? stays?
I kinda wondered this also
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9818 View Post
Not sure , but saw this on a FB group
" Today I bumped into an old flying buddy at the field. He has a racing plane he'll sell me. Another guy is giving me another plane... When I came home to unload my birds back into my storage, I saw a quadcopter cruising over the houses. I got checked by the FAA Nazi SS Officer at the flying field today. Wanted to see my registration. So, I showed him my papers.. 2 people were ticketed for flying too high. Wonder how much that will cost?"
hum.... well interesting.

I fly out in the middle of no where, not a official club. don't even need AMA to fly. I am sure no one will be coming to check on me, I did register and I have my number on my aircraft, on the inside of most. as it said you can put them inside. there not huge numbers, no way to see them while the aircraft is in the air.

On my helicopters they will be on the inside of the canopy's. or maybe on the tail boom as my dad suggested.

its still BS and i find whole thing stupid.

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2016, 11:31 PM   #185 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaetetus View Post
bummer. i wonder if people are ditching their birds because they fear the luFAAtwaffe patrol.
You mean the FAA Follies?
setishock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2016, 12:06 PM   #186 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
You mean the FAA Follies?
something like that.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:25 PM   #187 (permalink)
Registered Users

A new hope? https://www.inverse.com/article/1173...rom-each-other
Old 03-14-2016, 11:36 PM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

Section 2124 from the Senate version of the re-authorization bill, if this passes the entire hobby is doomed.

(forgive the odd numbers here and there I copy pasted from a PDF)

Quote:
20 SEC. 2124. SAFETY STANDARDS.

21 (a) IN GENERAL.—Chapter 448, as amended by sec-21 tion 2122 of this Act, is further amended by inserting 22 after section 44802 the following:

‘‘SEC. 44803. AIRCRAFT SAFETY STANDARDS. 1 ‘‘(a) CONSENSUS AIRCRAFT SAFETY STANDARDS.— 2 Not later than 60 days after the date of enactment of the 3 Federal Aviation Administration Reauthorization Act of 4 2016, the Director of the National Institute of Standards 5 and Technology and the Administrator of the Federal 6 Aviation Administration, in consultation with government 7 and industry stakeholders and appropriate standards-set-8 ting organizations, shall initiate a collaborative process to 9 develop risk-based, consensus industry airworthiness 10 standards related to the safe integration of small un-11 manned aircraft systems into the national airspace sys-12 tem. 13 ‘‘(b) CONSIDERATIONS.—In developing the consensus 14 aircraft safety standards, the Director and Administrator 15 shall consider the following: 16 ‘‘(1) Technologies or standards related to geo-17 graphic limitations, altitude limitations, and sense 18 and avoid capabilities. 19 ‘‘(2) Using performance-based standards. 20 ‘‘(3) Predetermined action to maintain safety in 21 the event that a communications link between a 22 small unmanned aircraft and its operator is lost or 23 compromised.

‘‘(4) Detectability and identifiability to pilots, 1 the Federal Aviation Administration, and air traffic 2 controllers, as appropriate. 3 ‘‘(5) Means to prevent tampering with or modi-4 fication of any system, limitation, or other safety 5 mechanism or standard under this section or any 6 other provision of law, including a means to identify 7 any tampering or modification that has been made. 8 ‘‘(6) Remote identification capability standards 9 under section 2105. 10 ‘‘(7) How to update or modify a small un-11 manned aircraft system that was commercially dis-12 tributed prior to the development of the standards 13 so that, to the greatest extent practicable, such sys-14 tems meet the standards. 15 ‘‘(8) Any technology or standard related to 16 small unmanned aircraft systems that promotes 17 aviation safety. 18 ‘‘(c) CONSULTATION.—In developing the consensus 19 industry standards under subsection (a), the Director and 20 Administrator shall consult with— 21 ‘‘(1) the Administrator of the National Aero-22 nautics and Space Administration; 23 ‘‘(2) the President of RTCA, Inc.; 24 ‘‘(3) the Secretary of Defense;

‘‘(4) each operator of a test site under section 1 44802; 2 ‘‘(5) the Center of Excellence for Unmanned 3 Aircraft Systems; 4 ‘‘(6) unmanned aircraft systems stakeholders; 5 and 6 ‘‘(7) community-based aviation organizations. 7 ‘‘(d) FAA APPROVAL.—Not later than 1 year after 8 the date of enactment of the Federal Aviation Administra-9 tion Reauthorization Act of 2016, the Administrator of the 10 Federal Aviation Administration shall establish a process 11 for the approval of small unmanned aircraft systems make 12 and models based upon safety standards developed under 13 subsection (a). The consensus safety standards developed 14 under subsection (a) shall allow the Administrator to ap-15 prove small unmanned aircraft systems for operation with-16 in the national airspace system without requiring the type 17 certification process in parts 21 and 23 of the Code of 18 Federal Regulations. 19 ‘‘(e) ELIGIBILITY.—The standards for approval of 20 small unmanned aircraft systems developed under this sec-21 tion shall set eligibility requirements for an airworthiness 22 approval of a small unmanned aircraft system which shall 23 include the following:

‘‘(1) An applicant must provide the FAA 1 with— 2 ‘‘(A) the aircraft’s operating instructions; 3 and 4 ‘‘(B) the manufacturer’s statement of com-5 pliance as described in paragraph (e) of this 6 section. 7 ‘‘(2) A sample aircraft must be inspected by the 8 Federal Aviation Administration and found to be in 9 a condition for safe operation and in compliance 10 with the standards required by the Administrator in 11 subsection (d). 12 ‘‘(f) MANUFACTURER’S STATEMENT OF COMPLIANCE 13 FOR SMALL UAS.—The manufacturer’s statement of com-14 pliance required in subsection (e)(1)(B) shall— 15 ‘‘(1) identify the aircraft make and model, and 16 consensus standard used; 17 ‘‘(2) state that the aircraft make and model 18 meets the provisions of the identified consensus 19 standard; 20 ‘‘(3) state that the aircraft make and model 21 conforms to the manufacturer’s design data, using 22 the manufacturer’s quality assurance system that 23 meets the identified consensus standard adopted by 24 the Administrator in subsection (d), and is manufac-

tured in way that ensures consistency in the produc-1 tion process so that every unit produced meets the 2 applicable standards; 3 ‘‘(4) state that the manufacturer will make 4 available to any interested person— 5 ‘‘(A) the aircraft’s operating instructions, 6 that meet the identified consensus standard; 7 and 8 ‘‘(B) the aircraft’s maintenance and in-9 spection procedures, that meet the identified 10 consensus standard; 11 ‘‘(5) state that the manufacturer will monitor 12 and correct safety-of-flight issues through a contin-13 ued airworthiness system that meets the identified 14 consensus standard; 15 ‘‘(6) state that at the request of the Adminis-16 tration, the manufacturer will provide access by the 17 Administration to its facilities; and 18 ‘‘(7) state that the manufacturer, in accordance 19 with a production acceptance test procedure that 20 meets an applicable consensus standard has— 21 ‘‘(A) ground and flight tested random sam-22 ples of the aircraft; 23 ‘‘(B) found the sample aircraft perform-24 ance acceptable; and 25

‘‘(C) determined that the make and model 1 of aircraft is suitable for safe operation. 2 ‘‘(g) PROHIBITION.—It shall be unlawful for any person to introduce or deliver for introduction into interstate 4 commerce any unmanned aircraft manufactured on or 5 after the date that the Administrator adopts a relevant 6 consensus standard under this section, unless the manufacturer has received approval under subsection (d) for 8 each make and model.’’
Atomic Skull is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2016, 10:36 AM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Doomed?

This article makes me think that Section 2142 will free hobbyists from over reaching local ordinances. I ready to start making money with my drone and I think this is a step closer to removing the 333 exemption requirement.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/take-cov...ack-1459291069
Spyder3534 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 04:12 PM   #190 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Default Federal Appeals Court: The FAA's Registration Rule Violates Section 336

Just received the email from RCG .....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...es-Section-336
Skapr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2017, 11:01 AM   #191 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention. It's official! FAA Registration is NOT required for recreational use! Directly from the FAA itself: https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/fly_for_fun/

And here is a thorough explanation: http://fsims.faa.gov/wdocs/notices/n8900_313.htm

Also it seems there is lots of debate as to whether membership in the AMA is required. IT IS NOT! For 2 reasons:

1. The AMA is not the only nationwide organization.
2. The FAA has not clarified the meaning of what "within the programming" actually means.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:21 PM   #192 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice!
Old 02-15-2020, 02:52 PM   #193 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Default Aeronautical Knowledge and Safety Test Updates

Fast forward to recent:

https://www.faa.gov/uas/recreational..._test_updates/
Old 03-13-2020, 12:01 PM   #194 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Default Recreational Flyer Registration Extended to Dec. 12, 2020

Received this email today from FAA:

Recreational Flyer Registration Extended to Dec. 12, 2020

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has important registration information for drone recreational flyers who registered in the FAADroneZone before December 12, 2017. Your registration has been automatically extended until December 12, 2020.
Why Was My Registration Extended?
The National Defense Authorization Act for 2018 restored the FAA’s registration rule with respect to model aircraft and recreational flying. If you registered prior to December 12, 2017, and did not request to have your registration information deleted, the FAA extended the expiration date until December 12, 2020, which is three years from the rule restoration date. If you requested a refund of registration fees, you would have had to re-register again after December 12, 2017. Therefore, your expiration date would now also be December 12, 2020, or later. At this time you can retain your registration number.
What Should I Do Now?
  • You do not need to do anything to extend your registration expiration date, this was done automatically.
  • To print an updated registration card: Login to the FAADroneZone, select the Recreational Flyer Dashboard, and select Print.
When Will I Need to Renew My Registration?
  • The FAA will send out a registration renewal email notification 180 days prior to your registration expiration date.
  • When your registration renewal is available, your FAADroneZone dashboard will include an option to “Renew.”
  • Please note: You cannot renew earlier than 180 days prior to the registration expiration date. No third-party vendor can renew your registration for you at this time.
How much does it cost to renew/register?
$5 through the FAADroneZone.
Do I need to register each drone/aircraft?
If you are registering as a Recreational Flyer, you only register once and use the same registration number on all drones that you own and intend on using for recreational flying. If you are trying to register under Part 107, then you will register each drone individually and each drone will get a separate registration number.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:45 AM   #195 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Default Operations Over People Rule

FAA Safety Team | Safer Skies Through Education Updated Drone Training – Available Today!
Notice Number: NOTC1758

Stay current with the new and freeonline training course!
Part 107 Pilots: The updated remote pilot recurrent online training is available today on the FAA Safety Team website. The training ensures Part 107 remote pilots have the knowledge necessary to operate in accordance with the Operations Over People rule when it becomes effective on April 21, 2021.
There are multiple training options, depending on your current status:
  • If you do not hold a Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate you must:
  • Current Part 61 certificate holders:
    • Take the Part 107 Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Initial (ALC-451) online course
    • Available on the FAA Safety Team (FAASTeam) website for no cost
  • Part 107 remote pilots who are also certificated and current under Part 61:
    • Take the Part 107 Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Recurrent (ALC -515) online course
  • All individuals who hold a Part 107 remote pilot certificate (regardless of currency):
    • Take the Part 107 Small UAS Recurrent Non-Part 61 Pilots (ALC-677) online course
Remember, operating over people, over moving vehicles or at night without a waiver is not permitted until April 21. An overview of the Operations Over People Rule is on the FAA website.
The FAA is expecting an increase in web traffic, remote pilots may experience technical difficulties while accessing the online courses. For general inquiries on these new regulations and other UAS inquiries, please call 844-FLY-MY-UA or email the FAA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in