Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2017, 04:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default getting back into things

got into helis a few years ago. then got out of it. then got a bunch of fresh new batteries for christmas, so it looks like I'm back into it again!

getting ready to get out and get some fresh air for a change. . .

next the question is should I fly the MSR X, or the Nano CPX? Take'em both.

close laptop, finish post later. I'm gonna be out for a while, bring laptop with me for use in the office during downtime.

. . .

finishing post now while at the location. I forgot all fo the batteries back home on the counter where I was charging them all, so I'm not flying the MSR X or the Nano CPX after all.

I did bring the new AH-64 Apache that Blade made. but I only have one battery for it, so I can fly for what, 5 minutes every 45? that's a lot of down time.

I had a lot more planned for this post, but having left all the batteries at home has left me sorta bummed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	charging up.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	691451  
The Timmy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2017, 11:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear that, though it did make for an amusing post! I really wish I had all those batteries, all my MSR X/UMX Radian batteries have died.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2017, 03:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've done that once charged 6 batteries for my 130x plan on going to a 30 minute walk to a fly location, all open fields. Pack my rucksack. Get there take out tx and 130x to find I've left the 6 batteries on the shelf. 30 minute walk home. Then the wind picks up and that's the day finished
Old 01-29-2017, 03:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I ended up not flying at all yesterday. just stayed in and watched youtube videos of other people flying, and also some crash compilations. it's hard to find good videos when they all say they're the best ones.

decided to stay home today, and fly in the back yard. so I took out the apache for the first time.

made it through about half a battery before the wind plowed it into the ground. I wasn't quite use to the throttle hold being its own toggle switch, and on the right side of the transmitter, so I didn't hit it in time and I stripped one of the drive gears.

I had high hopes for that one, being my first brushless heli. my stock MSR X can handle the same wind; it's a struggle, but I can keep it in the air for the whole battery mostly.
The Timmy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in