Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > Zoom/Shogun 400

Zoom/Shogun 400 Electric - Zoom - Shogun 400 Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2008, 11:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Can I ask a favor of a Showgun V2 with CNC head owner?

Hi guys,

I own a Falcon 3D and just recently added the full CNC head to my helicopter.

The Falcon 3D is essentially a showgun V2 clone. The CNC head is almost exactly identical.

I have a problem that I cannot figure out, and I've come to the conclusion that I assembled the head wrong (no instructions as I bought an already converted heli and used the parts off of it on my own.)

I'll copy what I posted at RC Groups in the Falcon 3D area.

Quote:
Here's a weird problem I'm having that I can't figure out.

I've just rebuild my entire falcon, and added the full CNC aluminum head.

After doing so when testing the pitch while in 3D (motor dis-connected) I'm getting negative pitch at full throttle, and positive pitch with low throttle.

So I thought maybe I reversed channel 3. So I turn it back, but now the ESC won't initialize because it thinks at low throttle position (with switch set to NORM) I'm giving full throttle!!! What gives?

Could I have messed up the links on the head somehow? I didn't go based off any pictures. Everything in the head moves as it should, flybar cage, collective everything, just if I put the "servo" reverse switch in one position, it thinks I have full throttle in NORMAL mode, but when switched to 3D the collective servo moves in the opposite direction. Understand?

I don't know what to do now until my DX7 gets here and I can "over ride" it but I think I have something set up incorrectly.

I think this might clarify...

Currently Channel 3 is set to "Normal" not "Rev"

The pitch servo moves correctly. At low throttle normal mode, I have about 2 or 3 degrees negative pitch, and by full throttle about 5 degrees positive (what I have my dials set to)
In 3D mode I have 11 positive at full throttle, 0 at midstick and 11 negative pitch at low throttle. Perfect!

I unplug the heli, connect the motor. Plug back in the heli (with the transmitter still on) and I get the 2 beep ESC initialization (same thing if you were to leave the 3D switch on and try to plug in your heli.

If I reverse channel 3 (Tx switch in the reverse position) then the collective is all backwards, BUT the ESC initializes correctly and the motor works.

I had to have reversed something in the head... but I don't know how. This was the only way it would go together.

I basically need some close-up pictures of your swash/head in particular the linkages. A few views from different angles would be nice.

Thanks for the help,
PRN
poor_red_neck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in