Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2017, 07:48 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

BrokeDad, thank you for the answer! So my fault was that I tried playing with the servo travel while the throttle was down at 0%. The heli needs to be fixed and throttle turned up a bit, only then can the different servo travel settings be seen.

Interesting observation: mode 3 is not entirely unstabilized. The elevation servo still does corrective movements when you move the heli around its lateral axis. Just corrections to the longitudinal and vertical axes seem to be disabled.

The DX7 seems to put the 120S into mode 1 by default and you can either use GEAR or AUX2 to put it into mode 3. I think mode 2 might be done in the ML6DSM's software and not on the 120S's RX board. If that's the case, then one of the DX7's stunt modes could be used to replicate mode 2. I'll have to play around with that a little.

For now I've made a copy of the mCP X's settings with all pitch values turned down to 0. That way I get to use the 120S as a trainer for the mCP X. Noice!
sixtyfive is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2017, 08:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do it by having GER (Gear) assigned to my 3 way switch D.
Pos. 1 = Stability Low Angle
Pos. 2 = Stability High Angle
Pos. 3 = 3D Mode

I have those voice settings selected also. In position 1 GER = 100, position 2 GER=0, position 3 GER=-100

This gives me all three modes using helicopter for model type.

I need to move them over to my DX9. Right now both my 120S are on my DX6.

I can understand why they say to set the model up as an airplane being a fixed pitch but doing so means you don't get the gear channel if I remember correctly. I do the same with my 200S and set it up as helicopter as well.

Last edited by BrokeDad; 03-19-2017 at 08:45 AM..
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2017, 08:58 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
I do it by having GER (Gear) assigned to my 3 way switch D.
Pos. 1 = Stability Low Angle
Pos. 2 = Stability High Angle
Pos. 3 = 3D Mode
That's what I've been trying to achieve for days! By 3 way switch you mean the one marked "FLT MODE" that sits on the top left of the transmitter? I honestly think it can't be done with the DX7, though...

Quote:
I have those voice settings selected also. In position 1 GER = 100, position 2 GER=0, position 3 GER=-100
Voice settings? My TX ain't speakin' to me! (Also, what does GER stand for?)

Quote:
I can understand why they say to set the model up as an airplane being a fixed pitch but doing so means you don't get the gear channel if I remember correctly. I do the same with my 200S and set it up as helicopter as well.
I agree, there's no downsides to setting it up as a helicopter, only (small) upsides.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:16 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My DX6 and DX9 both have a D switch which is a 3 way. Second one in on left front (extra long) right next to C. GER stands for Gear. If you go into the second screen of channel assign you can change what switch GER (Gear) is on.

You can assign custom voice settings to things like switches. I don't know what DX7 you have or if it has voice as I've never had one. I just put one of my 120S's on the DX9 now. Good flying day but will probably fly my bigger stuff mostly.

Some of us like separating out stability modes from flight modes especially on CP helis like the 230S. That gives us the idle ups on one switch and flight modes (stability) on another. FP helis don't normally have idle up. I have that on the normal flight mode switch though and it's set just below what will hover the 120S in place going neither up or down. It helped my daughter from doing the throttle kill-full throttle thing when first learning to fly them with me.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:42 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
My DX6 and DX9 both have a D switch which is a 3 way. Second one in on left front (extra long) right next to C. GER stands for Gear. If you go into the second screen of channel assign you can change what switch GER (Gear) is on.
Ah, that explains it! The DX7 only has a 2-way switch here (it's called GEAR, i.e. with an A). I use that one to switch between stabilisized (blue LED) and not stabilized (red LED).

The only 3-way switch is FLT MODE, and that one can't be assigned freely.

Quote:
You can assign custom voice settings to things like switches. I don't know what DX7 you have or if it has voice as I've never had one.
So you really did mean voice. Nah, I've got the first DX7 which doesn't have such fancy stuff.

Quote:
I just put one of my 120S's on the DX9 now. Good flying day but will probably fly my bigger stuff mostly.
Lucky you, it's raining cats and dogs here and unlikely to stop before sunset. Do enjoy your flying Sunday!

Quote:
Some of us like separating out stability modes from flight modes especially on CP helis like the 230S. That gives us the idle ups on one switch and flight modes (stability) on another. FP helis don't normally have idle up. I have that on the normal flight mode switch though and it's set just below what will hover the 120S in place going neither up or down.
Interesting! I guess at some point (in a few months or so) I will get that 230S and then remember about that. Might try with the mCP X even though it doesn't really require idling up.

With the 120S in unstabilized mode I'm learning to manually idle it up and wait for 2-3 seconds before lift-off. Otherwise it seems there are turbulences or something around it and lifting it off becomes sort of a dangerous game. Perhaps the mCP X doesn't need that by virtue of being so small...?

Quote:
It helped my daughter from doing the throttle kill-full throttle thing when first learning to fly them with me.
Yes, kill-full-throttle-on-a-switch is awesome for learning! How old was your daughter when she started out? It seems it's one of these skills where young age just makes you untouchably good...

4 Year Old Justin Jee - RC Heli Stick Movement - Sep 2006 (5 min 28 sec)
(some kid at 4 years old)
10 Year Old Justin Jee - KDS Innova 700 NEAT Fair - 2012-09-17 (5 min 15 sec)
(same kid 6 years later)
Old 03-23-2017, 01:53 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Brokedad, I did your setup last night, set it up as a helicopter, assigned gear to d switch and viola, I now have all three flight modes! Thanks buddy.
jamdog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 02:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamdog View Post
Hey Brokedad, I did your setup last night, set it up as a helicopter, assigned gear to d switch and viola, I now have all three flight modes! Thanks buddy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in