Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Newbies: Tips and Information

Newbies: Tips and Information Section of HF, specifically for Passing along info to newcomers to the hobby. Setup, tweaking, orientation practice, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2017, 11:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX6 for Oxy 3?

I have a new DX6 that I fly my planes with, can I use it with the Lynx Oxy 3. I hear people mention that you need a minimum of 7 channels to fly a heli, but the DX6 has heli's in the model setup menu, what gives? I plan on doing some conservative sport flying, and if I want to move to bigger heli's I would purchase a DX9 or V-Control, but until then, I don't want to make that commitment.
paulsreef is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2017, 01:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can absolutely use your DX6. Extra channels are helpful for things like bank switching, rescue, etc. But none of those is critical to flying.

Each FBL uses those extra channels in slightly different ways, but you can use the DX6 with the main FBL brands in an Oxy.

Come down to the Oxy forum if you want to dive into more details with the guys. As with all the forums here, it's a great group of very helpful folks.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

You only have to have 5 channels for a heli. A sixth channel is useful for setting gain or changing flight modes.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The other guys already answered but i can tell you I flew both a Blade 450X and a Trex 550 with my DX6i which is not even as nice as your new DX6. here are the five chanells that you actually need to fly a CP heli

1. Throttle
2. Aileron
3 Elevator
4. Rudder
6. Pitch

5. Usually used to set Tail gain (Gyro)

More than that are for other functions like Rescue and in some cases a governor feature for Nitro or Gas. Most ESC based governors just use the Throttle channel in some way. So you can fly pretty much any electric Heli with six channels. BeastX FBL even has an option to get Rescue with only six channels. It uses channel 5 in a double duty to both set tail gain and operate bailout. Bavarian Demon lets you fix the tail gain in software so you can use Ch5 for Rescue. Not sure about other popular controllers like ICON, but you can see you are in OK shape with your DX6.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback! I look forward to the Oxy 3!
paulsreef is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in