Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G6 / V120 Series

4G6 / V120 Series Walkera 4G6 / V120 Series Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb taking it slow

How can I make my v120d02s more slower and more for beginners type of a heli I have the devo 6 heli

Any ideas
shayaan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try some Expo, 30% is a good setting to try. Also look into the settings on the FBL unit. If it had a flybar, I would say throw some small weights on it, but it does not. There is a way to 'throw weights' on a FBL heli, but I don't know how. I had the 4G6, the flybared forefather of that heli. It will always be a bit fast. You can do it, but it will take a bit of practice. Find a large clear indoor place to practice so you are out of the wind and have plenty of room. Get out of ground effect, about a foot off the ground, small helis suffer a lot in ground effect.
SQRT(-2) is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sure I will do that the weights im not so sure thanx man now hopefully I won crash that muchif its a bit slower what will happen if I put it on 65%
shayaan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Haven't got one of those yet, but try the walkera forums, they've quite an active V120D02S community. I nearly got one.

I got a mini CP instead - 130X coming up soon so I'm waiting to see which one I'll buy.

If the FBL units are similar (I think that's a big assumption to make but probably true) you may find there is a lot of inbuilt expo - as in with no expo on the radio, the sticks already feel dead in the centre. If this is the case, don't dial in a ton of expo in the first case as sqrt(-2) suggested. You'll have to check this for yourself.

I'd RTFM and go to the forums, honestly....

But if you were in a rush (don't hold me responsible lol!):
  • you might assume a lot expo built in and try cyclic rates of 50-60 no expo and see how you go from then. Add expo to taste.
  • For normal mode: I would suggest a pitch curve of -20 low, 0 at midstick and 60 at high and a throttle of 0 low, 70 mid and 80 high.
  • If your rudder is slow you can bet there's a lot of built in expo in there too, you can liven it up by diallng in some negative expo but fly it with 0 rudder expo first.
  • Remember to take off in normal mode and not setup mode.
  • Remember to at least check that midstick is some what close to 0 pitch (setup mode) and you program in throttle hold (mine didn't come with throttle hold programmed in).
  • Take it out of setup mode and make sure the gyros are correcting correctly at least.
  • Fly over soft earth initially. I don't know if grass will mess up your TT tail. There's a slipper clutch mod somewhere out there - google for it.

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
ran sf om

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in