Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default why i cant fly the sr but the real flight novup cp i can

i cant figure out why oi cant even hover the blade sr but yet i can fly the novus cp on real flight basic. i have spent over 600.00 on parts trying to fly the sr. i got a brand new, 2 weeks old blade cp pro2 that i havent even opened yet because i know i will waste more money on it. i can fly everything on the sim, real flight basic, land them all, but not the real sr. the local hobby shop guy takes it, flies it, no problem, any help?????????? im ready to sell it all and get a blade 400, give me some input guys, i dont wear my feelings on my sleeves, hell, im 45, i want to play
jtrides65 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

real flight is different than video flight. just operator, you lhs showed you that. keep practicing or move to a 400 or align 450. bigger birds are easier but more money if you crash.the cp will be harder than your sr for sure.
thatdude596 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have you tried RADDS? http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html
Old 02-15-2011, 11:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

some times the sr is set up so bad right out of the box it is not flyable. it might just need a good set up. i could not do any thing but crash. after my SR got a set up i was able to hover it with ease on the first try after the set up was preformed. before that i could not keep it in the air for more than 3 secons...

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning View Post
some times the sr is set up so bad right out of the box it is not flyable. it might just need a good set up. i could not do any thing but crash. after my SR got a set up i was able to hover it with ease on the first try after the set up was preformed. before that i could not keep it in the air for more than 3 secons...

Ya, These thing's are saposed to be test flown... Test flown my @$$. lol
Old 02-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by UH one Huey View Post
Ya, These thing's are saposed to be test flown... Test flown my @$$. lol
some folks have a theroy that thy only test fly 1 out of ever 50 or so,

when some one gets a good one i guess they are the lucky guy who actually got one that was test flown and adjusted to fly right and when they got it, it came out of the box flyable

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 04:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup, I guess I was one of the lucky ones, because mine flew great right out of the box. The only thing I did was flip the Tx to high rate (as suggested here), because on low I felt I couldn't control it at all.
palmtree953 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

fwiw..

I recently started helping a friend with his mSR...I can vouch for the fact that the mechanical setup was not good out of the box...Ater setting it up, centering the trims, and a few test flights, it now hovers more or less hands off indoors.....One thing it won't tolerate is yanking it off the floor...Needs to spin up just below getting light on the skids, then smoothly being brought into a hover...Running the main blades very loose in the grips seems to increase stability, minimizes the TBE....

John.
bmlasater is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrides65 View Post
i cant figure out why oi cant even hover the blade sr but yet i can fly the novus cp on real flight basic. i have spent over 600.00 on parts trying to fly the sr. i got a brand new, 2 weeks old blade cp pro2 that i havent even opened yet because i know i will waste more money on it. i can fly everything on the sim, real flight basic, land them all, but not the real sr. the local hobby shop guy takes it, flies it, no problem, any help?????????? im ready to sell it all and get a blade 400, give me some input guys, i dont wear my feelings on my sleeves, hell, im 45, i want to play
I went thru the exact same feelings 2 weeks ago.

1. in Realflight, turn the zoom feature to manual. no zoom. just like real life. it seriously makes it harder and is a reality check.. you'll be forced to keep it closer, and you'll have less time and space to correct.

2. set to advanced mode and set the physics to 120%
3. download the blade CP pro from the swap pages. it is a very similar to the SR.
4. do the hover training and the orientation training. its hard.

you'll be crashing in the sim in no time. if you can do all that in the sim, then its time to blame the heli..

and I second the RADDs training, it can be boring, but it will save you money. and get you more comfortable with the heli. and your skills might already be their, you just need to get comfortable. and a history of costly crashes will just make that tuffer.
el guapo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in