Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > HeliDirect

HeliDirect HeliDirect HDX300, 450, 500, 550, 600 Factory Sponsored Support Forum

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2006, 10:50 PM   #221 (permalink)

Finless, Do you have any advice? how is your hdx flying?
Casey A. Sigmon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2006, 11:05 PM   #222 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Casey.... Honestly I dont have the time or desire to mess with this platform anymore! It's all JUNK including the Blade CP!!!!!

Those that buy this buy it because they are CHEAP and want a heli and want to fly like videos they see...... AINT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Get a reality check DONT buy a RTF heli and go get a heli that flys good...

Sorry but honestly I get far too many PM's about this heli and people trying to make it something it is not (make it fly like a HOT 3D heli) and look folks... IT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN! Sure you can get it there but you will spend WAY more than it would have cost you to get a REAL 3D heli!

Sorry for the harsh words but I am telling you..... BUY A GOOD HELI UP FRONT and STOP trying to make a turd into something it can never be!

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2006, 11:32 PM   #223 (permalink)

ok. well ill just do the best i can. the manufactures sure did a crappy job with this one.To bad that so many people get tricked in to buying something that is not what they say it is. Then there is no support for anyone from the manufacturer or the distributers. Why even bother to waste your time Making a video of a heli that is a peace? no one can just be up front and say hey this thing is a peace of Cramp,
DON"T BUY It. So where are we left ? Not everyone can afford to spend what it costs to get a good bird, and the ones of us who do buy what seems to be the best Bird we can get for the money, which in this case is substancle. If i Knew what i was getting into or had someone warned us, Then I could have gone Another route.
Hell for what i got in this little heli i could have gotten a TREX. But as many of us has come to learn is this hdx 300 was just a scam to lure people into spending 3 times what it should have cost only to get a pretty expensive peice of nothing.
So i apprecate the help and advice, especially from PTEMB and Micen2, but if anyone else is thinking of going with the hdx 300, DON'T It's not worth the time and money. I 'm not trying to make this thing anything more than what it is, I just want it to fly around decent until i get a good bird.I made the mistake and now I'll pay for it. Maybe you wont have too.

Casey A. Sigmon
Old 11-15-2006, 11:44 PM   #224 (permalink)

At least bob has a cool sight were heli freaks can get together to talk about there problems and solutions. Not sure how far on this "LITTLE" project id be without the videos. (And Forums)I'm Not being ill willed towards ANYONE. I'm just frustrated at all the wasted time,energy, and money that has went into this project. So thank you bob i do appreciate this site and its members. :glasses2:
Old 11-15-2006, 11:57 PM   #225 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

No... the HDX is not a a scam.... Iti s a build apon the scam which is the lie of the Blade CP...

So you know the #1 selling heli is the blade CP. WHY?
Because it is cheap and comes RTF with radio!
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR FOLKS!

You all that buy it think WELL HELL... Why do I need to spend $800, NOT COUNTING A RADIO, when I can get this cool heli with radio for cheap?
Oh and look! It can do 3D based on vids I have seen...
Well hell this is better than sliced bread!
Why spend the money and just be SUCKED into the blade CP and I can spend and make it a better heli later as I learn!

YOU GOT SUCKED into exactly what the blade (Horizon) and all other UPGRADE manufacturers wanted you to get SUCKED INTO.... UPGRADES!..... The truth is you cant make this platform fly well and DONT get sucked into vids that show it flying well... Those are PROS that can make it look good! You have to fly that good to make this POS look that good!

Look folks, the blade has it's place no doubt. Yes it CAN teach you to hover, fly around, etc. But PLEASE dont try to make it into a 3D monster! It just wont happen!

If you expect to spend $300 to make the blade platform something it is not... Well you got scammed!

Buy the blade, start out, then go spend your money on a better heli and stop trying to make a TURD do something it cant.

Sorry to be harsh but this is a fact jack and I tell the truth!

Just becasue I did a build vid does not mean I think this is a good heli!!!! That is a build HOW TO not a vid on what I think of the heli which I think you all know my opinion of!

Then
Old 11-16-2006, 08:57 AM   #226 (permalink)

I understand. thank you bob.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:59 AM   #227 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless
No... the HDX is not a a scam.... Iti s a build apon the scam which is the lie of the Blade CP...

So you know the #1 selling heli is the blade CP. WHY?
Because it is cheap and comes RTF with radio!
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR FOLKS!

You all that buy it think WELL HELL... Why do I need to spend $800, NOT COUNTING A RADIO, when I can get this cool heli with radio for cheap?
Oh and look! It can do 3D based on vids I have seen...
Well hell this is better than sliced bread!
Why spend the money and just be SUCKED into the blade CP and I can spend and make it a better heli later as I learn!

YOU GOT SUCKED into exactly what the blade (Horizon) and all other UPGRADE manufacturers wanted you to get SUCKED INTO.... UPGRADES!..... The truth is you cant make this platform fly well and DONT get sucked into vids that show it flying well... Those are PROS that can make it look good! You have to fly that good to make this POS look that good!

Look folks, the blade has it's place no doubt. Yes it CAN teach you to hover, fly around, etc. But PLEASE dont try to make it into a 3D monster! It just wont happen!

If you expect to spend $300 to make the blade platform something it is not... Well you got scammed!

Buy the blade, start out, then go spend your money on a better heli and stop trying to make a TURD do something it cant.

Sorry to be harsh but this is a fact jack and I tell the truth!

Just becasue I did a build vid does not mean I think this is a good heli!!!! That is a build HOW TO not a vid on what I think of the heli which I think you all know my opinion of!

Then

ahhh finnless...sounds like your brain took a nice , and long awaited-poop there. :wink:

Good...glad to hear you say it...yes i figured I'd smash and trash the blade cp...and the cp pro...(not much difference there) as well as 3 e-skys till I was confident enough that I would not trash a 1500 set up...which stands to reason is going to handle much better ...even for a beginner...

the correct path wouldhave been...heli sim (a good one) then perhaps a mid to full size heli...a mikado or trex and or a full size...but I figured I wouldnt treat the sim as realisticly (i had some time on a sim) as I would the real deal...true heli crashing lol..I am glad I didnt crash a 1500 dollar bird.

Finn
see though...you were a victim/partaker of selling this upgrade too..in that... hd and all others selling this farce of a butter soft kit were using your vids to promote it. harsh truth as well. yep. sigh. so in some ways ...we were all sucked in.

I do like your site though...so dont kick me for being equally as real.. :wink: well....this isnt a religion site...so that prolly wont happen..because real ppl enjoy reality...good or bad. :wink:

well at least the cat is out of the bag...

here's the latest clip...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1433365556

notice how the ...collective sudenly "frees up" with a few cyclic imputs...and woosh goes up to heaven with no additional throttle mixing. sticky, soft, sloppy, p.o.s. but I got mine flying.

Mmmm Maybe ebay...but I almost feel as if I'd be scaming to say it was worth the effort to any potential buyers. But it is a great introduction to beltdrive..auto rotation principles (without seperate throttle control of the tail imputs) and how to set up the "worst " head...amist all it's sloppy glory.

so now when I do build up a 600 t-rex...it will be a golden setup...kinda like the difference between working on cement with a stick as opposed to a trowel. :wink: I did learn alot here...expensive...but I truly feel ready to build a real bird. Was a good learning toy...this belt drive...and ccpm. ..with all it's additional properties..lol...not funny though. casey...dont tottally give up on understanding how to fly this crap...because in the end yyou will be a better pilot for it..having understanding of why to and not to..and most importantly how to and why.

uhhh yea...whatever I was trying to say.
micen2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2006, 11:32 AM   #228 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Hehehe where did the heli go in that vid?
The vid ends before what I think happened to it happened to it

Bob
Old 11-17-2006, 07:00 AM   #229 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless
Hehehe where did the heli go in that vid?
The vid ends before what I think happened to it happened to it

Bob

nah...I just cut power....a it took me about 1min to return to earth....lol...the freakin collective is sticking...it's not an overly tight flybar...it's maybe to do with how much slop is in that head..?

i dunno...no crash though...ha..you saw how smooth it was flying at first ..right? then wham...the p.o.s. exhaulted itself and lifted into the heavens.

if you dont believe me that I didnt crash it...I'll show you it doing that again ...sigh. freakin waste of moolah. the vid is a photo camera..so it only takes a 30-40 second video clip.

just watched it again...yea it looks pretty funny to the viewer...lol..so have you had that happen to you? freakin lockout in full collective full throttle...that's the time to not panic...forreal. Just cut power and wait for it to happen...lol see...now bob...I'd be a bit more nervous if this was a heli with 100 dollar servos and a 350 dollar gyro......

then again...a great heli may not have performed this way. sigh.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:52 PM   #230 (permalink)

Im Still spinn circles to the left! what the heck? micen2 when are u usually online?
Id like to talk to you directly. thanks Casey.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:51 PM   #231 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey A. Sigmon
Im Still spinn circles to the left! what the heck? micen2 when are u usually online?
Id like to talk to you directly. thanks Casey.
sounds like it could be a number of things....put your vid clip on here...and we'll see..tommorrow I'm working till 6-7 pm est...but will check back. even on the phone..I prolly cant help....a video would be a teller of tales amybe...be careful though...dont crash it....maybe youre in heading hold...and havent got all the creep out of the servo with trim....or maybe you have collective too soon..and not enough headspeed....put the clip on you mentioned ..and ppl will view it and be able to help more. prolly more than I ...unless it's just obvious what the prob is.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:56 AM   #232 (permalink)

Q? 1.) how so you post a video clip?
2.) is gyro plugged into gear and remote into rudd? or vise verse?
3.) I could be in HH but how do you get out the servo moves back to center when you let off.

i had it close last week but now its all screwed up.

Thanks.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:22 AM   #233 (permalink)

.l
Old 11-21-2006, 09:22 AM   #234 (permalink)

Quote:
Q? 1.) how so you post a video clip?
2.) is gyro plugged into gear and remote into rudd? or vise verse?
3.) I could be in HH but how do you get out the servo moves back to center when you let off.

i had it close last week but now its all screwed up.

Thanks.
the servo goes into the gyro...and the gyro lead goes to the reciever

...if your gyro has a 4th wire, with a seperate plug...then it has the remote /dualmode feature, as does mine.

in my case, the three wire plug goes to the rudder channel, it's 4th wire goes to channel 5- which for me is a remote gain/ dual mode channel.

the other thing is servo creep...as shown in the video installs....you have to get creep out of the servo....temperature changes or freezing cold weather with strongly affect the piezio gyro.... mine needs to acclimate in the on position for at least 5 minutes, going out into cold temps...or else the creep(in hh) is almost non-adjustable.....another thing is your gyro should be set up, on the frame, to get the least amount of vibration. needs those fat double sided tapes behind it that come with it.

as for a video...you need to save one to your computer...then upload it to myspace , file lodge...or some hostsite...then send an http link to your post.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:27 AM   #235 (permalink)

ok ill mess some more and make a video. is channell 5 Gear? u adjust in gear?
Old 11-22-2006, 06:51 AM   #236 (permalink)

Quote:
ok ill mess some more and make a video. is channell 5 Gear? u adjust in gear?
I'm not sure of the term "gear"...but 5 on mine is a remote knob 100-0-100 standard rate and headlock gyro. the servo/gyro output goes into your rudder channel. the extra plug off the gyro..if there is one...is for a remote gain feature....and in some cases goes in channel 5.

I'm still pretty new at this....but I hope I'm helping.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:34 PM   #237 (permalink)

EUREKA!!! I Finally Got it. Thanks Guys. My freakin' Belt pulley Was loose and it wasn't spinning as fast as the main shaft so the gyro couldn't compensate for it.
So so far so good. I get a video posted hopefully by the weekend so you can see.
I'm Sure i'll have more problems so i'll be here often. once againg thanks for the help.

Casey A. Sigmon
Old 11-23-2006, 08:44 AM   #238 (permalink)

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 09:42 AM   #239 (permalink)

Quote:
HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!
same to you casey...glad you got your bird flying!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 11:23 PM   #240 (permalink)

Is anyone using a different motor for this thing than what it came with? I want to try a Himax2015/4100 with a 8T pinion.
COOKIEULT70 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in