Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > X400 and MX400

X400 and MX400 Ark X400 and HeliMax MX400 Helicopters Information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 08:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Still an okay time to buy a new MX?

I see you can get a new arf MX400pro w/ motor and esc for $130 or a MX450XS no mtr/esc for $170.

I couldn't find any parts at Tower. I saw on here some can still be had from other suppliers, but how long that lasts I don't know. So, would it be unwise to buy a MX?? I'm torn between a MX and a mini titan. Only hesitation about the MT is possibly having to split frames and more work to change main bearings vs easy job on sandwich frames like MX uses.
Oracle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2009, 04:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not sure how you searched but: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...FVSEARCH=mx400

http://www.lichann.com.tw/index.php?cPath=1 The prices are reduced after you place the order. Not sure why but it's always cheaper than what is posted on the site.
z_man_95 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2009, 07:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for that! I used tower''s search for MX400 and others and it came up ziltch. Today though, did okay, under heli parts, list all. Pretty sure I'm going to go with the MT afterall tho. For $35. more its got a 40A esc vs 25A and figure clock is ticking on MX parts being produced even if they're available presently.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default You won't have to worry about parts.

Parts from the align 400 are a direct fit/replacement for the mx400. In fact, in my research, align made their heli from the mx400.
So as long as align is around you are safe.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmmm - that's good. I noticed they look very similar. If I get the mx400pro I can get the metal head block upgrade for like $8. vs $40 for the MT. I worry the all metal mx450xs may be on the heavy side and I'm on a tight budget too (be about $240 when I include an esc/mtr). The mx400pro has mech ccpm tho so I wonder if it's okay or gets sloppy over time, ...?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I upgraded from mechanical to electronic. The mechanical seemed VERY solid. I also had the pro links. There wasn't any play or slop in the setup, but I didn't fly it mechanical. I really don't see how it could get any slop though.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK great. I like m-ccpm just fine if it's well done. I'm not sure what the pro links are just yet, but with some helis I've had, an accumilation of error occurs with multiple links on each control. Thanks a lot!!
Old 08-18-2009, 03:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Only mx part that is not changable with align is the main gear. just stock up on 5 or 6 main gears and then you can use align parts. of course you might have to put on an align head byt they are cheap on ebay.
i would buy mx400 again without hesitation
adam
adam crosby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2009, 11:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Pro links are where you have ball links on the servo arms instead instead of the "z" bends.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default That's what I started on.

I bought the MX400Pro for $99 at my LHS. Needless to say, scrap the tail...all of it. 100% Align Trex 450 from boom back. The landing gear design is weak. Will break. As stated before, the Main gear is different.

I second your choice on the MT. Parts are too hard to come by, and when it's all said and done I ended up buying a Trex 450 anyway. Better quality.

I did do some mods on the Ole' MX400 Pro just for giggles. No, it was not cost effective, just wanted to play around.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Production - USA

From the site at http://www.planecourage.com, you can find new productions of the mx-400 / x-400 available and the heli is shipping worldwide.
Heli_Flight is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in