Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems > 3D Forum

3D Forum Discussions for 3D applications using CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Whats the best 3D Flybarless system???

Hi,

I am new to the Flybarless world.

My question is which is the best system for a 3D setup?

from what i have been reading in the forums, the V-Bar4.0, AC3X and Gyrobot700 seem to be pretty good systems.

Our local suppliers here in New Zealand can supply the Rondo system, but i am a little hesitant as there seems to be little feedback on this setup.

I am planning on setting this up on the new SJM 430 E3.

I am of the opinion that i don't mind spending a little more money to get a system that will perform the best.... (rather than getting a cheap one and finding out that it only does an average job)

thanks in advance

Dan
dan259 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is tons of information out there and most it is subjective. Personally I fly the skookum 360, which has it's own shortcoming. You have to ask several things about how you fly; I fly scale and sport so the skookum works great. If you get into 3D where lots of pyros are performed, then you should definitely look to a 3axis system. Here is a link to a podcast that has been very informative, they have many episodes in which they discuss "v-bar" systems, but the guest in this episode has flown most all of them. I belive when asked to choose his favorite he remarks that the rondo has many good qualities. I will link to the specific episode and I believe you can email him at his shop. ( RREMODELS.com - Bobby Smith )

Cheers -

http://cdn3.libsyn.com/insideheli/In...d07324fb06a934
r3dl3ad3r is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you wait a month or two.. the new Skookum SK720 3-axis system will be the best out there... I'm holding out for two of them. Replaces your tail gyro and reciever to boot!
Old 11-13-2009, 01:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
If you wait a month or two.. the new Skookum SK720 3-axis system will be the best out there... I'm holding out for two of them. Replaces your tail gyro and reciever to boot!
I'm just hoping that maybe there will be a 3axis system coming out that won't be $500 dollars. These companies need to get a lower price going to compete with each other. I want to see price drops!!!
Old 11-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is a system out under $400. It is the SJGD FS600. Soon the Axiom will be out also under $400.

http://www.heliflightcenter.com/SJGD...ox_p/fs600.htm
Pellicle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2009, 02:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

did a quick search in HF for any reviews, found one and the guy seems to like it...

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...ighlight=FS600

seems quite reasonably priced!!
Old 11-19-2009, 10:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

can anyone else verify this guy's findings? It does seem like a nice system. However, the mini-V is only like 100 dollars more... and that cost is somewhat offset by the lack of receiver needed, plus the convenience of not having to do double wiring.
xf100t is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I finally got to do the maiden on mine in a 600N LE yesterday. Great unit, simple setup, and it flew great using the default settings. I haven't gotten it 100% tuned in yet, but I'm confident that it will be as good as any of the other units once I get it tuned. I also fly the Gyrobot and Vbar, and the biggest thing I see between them is the absolute junk manual that comes wiht the FS600, but other than that it's a great unit.
Eury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2009, 04:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree the manual is junk. I got a draft revised manual from HeliFlightCenter.
This helped a lot and they are still working on it t further improve.

I saw today the version 2.0 firmware is out for the SJGD (another forum) Called and found out the new units have the firmware and the older units can be upgraded. However, the USB programming cable will not be available till next year.

They have added options to allow for multiple flight modes - 4, Also reportedly the ability to handle very fast cyclic servos has been improved and servo synchonization is optimized. Torque compensation setting for the tail gyro have been added as well but from my experience the tail is pretty solid.
Pellicle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2010, 07:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
BD Forum Support

So what's the best flybarless system for 3D?

Please don't tell me it's the "HANDS"
popokatepetl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2010, 05:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mikado VBar 4.0... the guy has created the flybarless system... it is working in a superb manner for YEARS in 3D (Logo 600)... it is the system to which others ones are being compared to... you defenitely can't go wrong with that one...
Mikado Logo 600 3D
dogg5306 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2010, 03:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

can anyone compare the Align 3G flybarless system. Are they as good as the Mikado? The T-Rex 700 Nitro 3G combo is really appealing, and may condsider upgrading my current T-Rex 700. The Align 760 gyros seem to have been pretty good, if it is any indication of the performance one may expect from another Align Gyro product.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan259 View Post
can anyone compare the Align 3G flybarless system. Are they as good as the Mikado? The T-Rex 700 Nitro 3G combo is really appealing, and may condsider upgrading my current T-Rex 700. The Align 760 gyros seem to have been pretty good, if it is any indication of the performance one may expect from another Align Gyro product.

The Vbar works with any blades, has zero power issues and is proven. Make your decision on how much you want to spend to "get it right" and how much fiddal fakin you want to do, lol Yes I am a Mikado rep so you may perceive my comments as being Biased, however I have had a chance to see, fly the 3G system and compare to my existing Vbars and there is no comparison, 3G is not even in the same league to be truthfull, but decide that for yourself from those others who HAVE tried both not just one.And all the better if you can get a chance to try the ones you like to make the decision that best fits your needs sir! ...be well.

Last edited by OICU812; 02-27-2010 at 03:12 AM..
OICU812 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2010, 08:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im not a rep and I have owned the Skookum 360 2 axis but it was pretty good, Align 3g, sold it within a week, kept head and now I own a Vbar and there is no comparison on my 600n.
The Mikado is locked in even on default and the tail is wicked crazy good, steady and precise feeling cyclic, wonder what it will be like after tweaking it some!!!
Anyone who says the Align is as good as the Vbar has not flown both or hasnt setup their Vbar correctly.
I will however give a Skookum 720 a go when they come out as the 360 was good as well given its limitations.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

@panzlflyer
Agreed... Mikado has YEARS(SSSS) of experience with flybarless (I wouldn't be surprised that they're the very 1st one to have implement it on a RC Heli)... they're competining at the 3D Masters level for years too... Align simply cannot bypass the learning curve! :-) (and guess what... they're learning on you, with your $$$)
Mikado Logo 600 3D
Old 04-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
BD Forum Support

I'm quite curious how would you compare the upcoming Total G by CY. It seems to be very good 3D high end. I'm really looking forward.

Is there anyone who can say something about the TotalG vs. MIKADO?
popokatepetl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The comparison might be interesting indeed... but the problem is that you can't really compare 3 axis gyros between themselves especially once they can be setup 10000th different ways thanks to their connectivity to a control panel or to a computer...
Curtis is known to provide excellent gyros, so I beleive that the Total G will definitly be on the podium, just as Mikado who's current king of the hill...
Mikado Logo 600 3D
Old 05-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I only hvae 2 flybarless machines but they are both mikado Vbars and i would use anything else!
Benth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2010, 12:19 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have taken a leap of faith and purchased the Align 3G system. It is relatively cheap considering the gyro also contain the flybarless head. I have been pleasantly suprised. It is much more precise, stable and not too different to fly against the standard mechanical flybar setup.

However I do not have experience with any other system so can't really compare against any others.

So, even though the general comments are that they are not the best... it is still an improvement on the mechanical flybar... and relatively cheap.

In saying that, i am still tempted to get a V-bar, since everyone seems to be rating them that much better...
Old 05-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Try Futaba CGY750.

Hi All, I m new to flybarless system. I was very reluctant to flybarless at first, having electroinics too much on a flying thing seems unreal like someone taking care of it all for you. Until I tested the micro BeastX on Protos 500 on my buddy's heli. Woo...This is really something cool that I cannot do using a flybar system. Instead I go on to get myself the latest CGY750 from futaba for my own protos. Wow. Super stable, Need not FBL blade. cool tic tocs 4 pt pyro circle, funnel, all tail locks great and consistent piro. all on a few worn out packs..normally no more tic tocs on those packs. cool.
I plan to test it on my nitro T600 & T700 soon as it has a governor built in, maybe thats the reasons for choosing it. Just follow bobby watts video and the manual setup linking to 6108SB. Yes it needs the S-Bus. If u have a futaba 8FG..woo..u control gains n governor thru your Tx with the extra 6 channels with Gyro2 & 3 after u upgrade to v3 download free from futaba by SD card.
After flying flybarless, I feel thats the way to go. makes me confident to go low. I highly recomend the CGY750, tho I maybe going v-BAr too. Looking fwd to a price drop soon in all Flybarless system so every heli flyers enjoy its power for Electric n Nitro.
James Marcus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in