Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 550 Class Electric Helicopters

550 Class Electric Helicopters 550 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2017, 01:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Power problem ? (w/ video) Need help!

I have been having the same problem for a little while now.

550E
X-nova 4025
HW100aV3
BD3SX
Futaba 6203SB
(used) Pulse 4500mAh

Here is the problem.... I have cut outs that make me fall from the sky. I have trashed two sets of blades. Even though all my batts are showing age, they still fly my Gaui on 12s for 6+ min flights.

Voltage cut soft, autocalculate cell # and I had battery protection set to "low". I just changed this to "custom" 20.2v, in hopes it will get better, is this the right thing to do? Imma going to try it out soon.

I mean even in a hover with a full charged pack... showing 4.1 v, per cell. Will fall from hover in a min of flight. just hovering, like it hits LVC and drops.

I have documented it. Here is the vid. Skip to the last min and you will see the problem, and the resulting auto. Please excuse my flying, it is just a test run and I am pretty much waiting for it to fall the whole time. Has been happening about 70% of the time with this Heli.

https://www.facebook.com/jeanpaul.ro...8149988881991/

let me know the link is working pls. I have had quite a time trying to upload this vid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2017, 02:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The link to your video is working okay

There seem to be no beeps that might signify a problem, though I'm not sure if there's meant to be any. But, according to the manual, the ESC will reduce power to 50% if it overheats, or cut power completely if it loses signal from the receiver for more than 0.25 seconds. Could either of these be your problem? Check your connection to the receiver.

What voltage do your packs show after you've landed?
Abenn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2017, 08:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Since setting the cutoff to custom /cell, I have not fallen out of the sky. I was aiming for 3.30 min flights but would fall from the air, almost half the time between my 5 packs.

I used to come down at 3:30 with 3.85/cell after the pack rested for a little.

Now I fly a do not fall at all, however, packs come down sometimes at 3:30 around 3.6-3.7, ....

I do not fall anymore. I bog. The HS drops hard on Funnels, starting Hurricanes, big big big air, climbs. Another thing I have noticed is what comes up must come down, so If I fly high hard fast... then dive, I get these overspeeds where it is not the motor driving but the wind freewheeling.... Like the air and gravity are fighting the blades pitch and heli bearing.

There seems to be quite a lot of power (work) going on somewhere... or a lack of it in other places.... Takes a lot of power to speed things up, as we all know, but I know it also takes power to slow things down....

The wind (speed?) will take every bit of energy from my disk , I bogbogbog... almost to the point of flutter and stall.... but it comes back now not falling dead.

I need new batts. I think that is the end of the story. A nice Pulse 4500 near new can output some serious force. I think I might save my old packs for a RC boat or something. Something that doesn't have a 200$ bill when the power cuts. All my batteries are wimpy. Maybe this is the problem with my 12s machine too... I am having a hard time finding a good HS where consistency and punch do not seem to exist in my tuning. Leaving a mild mannered X7 that will fly all day but will not smack anything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in