Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G JR Radios

2.4G JR Radios JR 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2016, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Replacement Transmitter, JR or Spektrum?

I have a couple of JR 8103's that have served me well.for years, but they are getting a bit tired. Thinking of sending them intoJR for refurbishing or upgrading to something newer. I've acquired a DX6i in a trade and have used it a few times, but really don't like the display or setup function. Should I stay with JR or is there a better model Spektrum to upgrade to?

Thanks, Bill
Bill Fleming is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2016, 12:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Spektrum G2 radios (DX6 - DX9 etc) are chock full of new features far above what the DX6i can do...

I bought the DX9 right after it came out and have not looked back...other than buy a demo DX6 to use as a backup radio (and have yet to need it)
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2016, 02:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had Jr9303... It worked well but for some reason I got Jr 11X... And simply fell in love...
I lates switched this too for XG11 as I wanted DMSS protocol and telemetry and I am happy.
Had XG14 for a while but I did not like the smaller size and small screen...

Gh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
goodhunting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2016, 11:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default JR XG11MV

I started with a JR9303 way back 2005 for my EP 8 heli. Upgraded it to a FrSky DJT module for 2.4 mhz frequency. Tried the Taranis when it first came out, but never got hang of programming it. Took me 6 months and told myself that this radio is not for me. Sold the Taranis. Found out that JR came out with the XG11MV and bought that last 2012. Took me a weekend to figure it all out and transfer all my helis and quad settings to the XG11 from the 9303. I love the XG11MV for its easy transition from the 9303. I love its large screen and user friendly menu. I bought a XG14 for a back up radio, but I love my XG11. I love its DMSS and telemetry features.

Last edited by TACO88; 05-21-2016 at 01:13 PM..
TACO88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2016, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a little different opinion than some of the above, I really like the fit and feel of the XG14 . The radio feels so natural in your hands, balanced perfectly and switches all in nice reach. The programming is very nicely laid out and simple to navigate with all the options needed for helis with bank switching and governor options that we have today. I have owned many JR radios over the years from the 783, PCM 10, PCM 10SXII, 8103,9503 and now the XG14. There have been some other brands in there but looking back the JR line has been completely trouble free for me over the years which you never hear about the other brand you mentioned.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was a Futaba user before. I had used the Futaba 9C Super with 35 MHz. Then I made a break from RC heli hobby. When I got started again 3 years ago nobody use 35 MHz anymore.

I then got a Spektrum DX6i. It was very easy to use, but I have to say, it was not the one I was looking for. Even I tried a Spektrum DX8, which was better than its little brother.

The results was that I got back to my Futaba 9C, bought a 2.4 GHz module for it, and I was happy. For first.

Then I was thinking to move to JR system, also helicopter-wise.

I searched, asked questions, made thoughts.. then decided to grab a JR XG11MV. It was a good bargain with a good price, as one of the reasons I went for XG11MV, and not XG14.

I love the intuitive programming style of JR radios. Combined with the big screen of XG11MV, it is superb. The easy programming is to my opinion one of the advantages compared to Futaba.

I think, no matter which JR radio you take, you would be happy with it.

Whether it would be an XG14, XG14, XG8, ... they will be in the same JR quality. The most important thing is that you have to feel it in your hands, which one fits you best. So, take them in your hands, and feel them. Because nobody else can tell you better about the truth than your own hands!
Rex Batavia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in