Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kgnx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2021, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thinking of moving from Align Trex 700E DFC to XL Power Specter 700 - Thoughts please

Hi fellow heli pilots,
It's been a long while since i've visited/posted so please excuse my absence. My questions as follows:

I've decided it's time to upgrade my two aging 3D helis, Align T Rex 700E Pro DFCs. (Day & Night flying)

I fly 3D and fast big air styles.

I was considering buying two Trex 700x, but, given that the 'X' is now some 4-5 yrs old i expect Align will likely bring out a new version relatively soon. Parts for the 700E are becoming increasinly hard to come by (I know Covid has impacted on this) given the helis were released in 2013. I expect the X will follow not too long in the future.

My options are:
Do i buy two 'X's? wait to see if Align bring our an updated 700, or go for it and buy two XL Power Specter 700s?
I've always liked the Align helis. They may not be the most agile of machines. but they fly well and are reliable and cheap to fix.

I'd love to hear anyones experiences/opinions of the Specter 700, especially anyone who also has experience of Align helis.
Also, can anyone tell me the differences between the World Champion Edition and the standard kit? If i did go Specter i'd lean towards the World Champion kits, although i can't see any available to buy.

Can the standard Specter be upgraded to World Champ specs?

Tanks in advance,

Mike
Mikey69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2021, 02:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Everybody.
No need to answer my questions about the differences between the standard and Champion spec Specters. Just found that info elsewhere
Mikey69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2021, 03:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've bought 700x when it was just released. I can say that it's a robust and durable heli. It's trouble-free condition comes from all the 700 class heli experience inheritance of Align.
Part quality, finishing and fitting are top notch, I say this after a kraken 700 build.
I don't own a Specter, it's very praised heli these days,but Trex 700x is still one of the best helis around imho.
Helithunder likes this.
Kgnx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2021, 06:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

i really like the 700X super combo kits , everything you need is there , super solid heli , parts easy to get , great prices !
Dennis Everett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2021, 12:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My vote is XL Power

Check the YouTube’s for Andrew Merlino beating the XLpower

That machine will put all Aligns to rest.

Alex
Old 06-08-2021, 09:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

well....I have an XL550 and a Trex 760.....I dont know if the quality is better on the XL700....but there is a drastic better quality on the 760 than my 550, however thats not to say the 550 is not good, its very good
kiosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2021, 04:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't understand you want to buy two 700s at once why not just buy one Specter and compare it to your 700E. If you don't like it sell it and buy two 700x. most people struggle to afford one 700 yet you want to buy two at once?
Old 07-09-2021, 10:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Specter 700:

Relatively inexpensive parts.

Maybe a bit overbuilt but also very durable.

Tail belt instead of TT.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2021, 09:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have had a Trex 700 L V2 for quite some time now. Recently bought a used Specter - my advice: Absolutely go for the Specter. It is lighter, more robust and flies even more awesome than the Align. Bear in mind, there is a Specter V2 coming. I think IŽll sell Rex and Specter for one of those...
Netzferatu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in