Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Futaba Radios

2.4G Futaba Radios Futaba 2.4G Radio Help and support forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2016, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Very, Very NOT Happy with T6K!!

Today at the field I called up a model in the MDL SEL menu and pressed on the button. It responded with the little animation of the button being pressed and I pressed the button again and it seemed to skip to a different model without a name. Ok, scroll through the models to find the model I want to use.

Where is it???? The model is gone!

Turns out that pressing the button to confirm model change occasionally will executed the "RES" function. What the heck it that. Had to look it up.

RES erases the entire model, even the name.
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2016, 03:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My FBL unit uses the transmitter sub-trims for zeroing, so these have all been set to "0" so I need to go through the entire swash leveling FBL setup, in addition to trying to recreate all the switch assignments and throttle curves.

Of my remaining models, I'm going to make backup copies of all of them farther up in the memory.
Old 12-18-2016, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ouch, that blows, but ya, with anything containing data you don't want to lose, always have backups.
HAL9KPCM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2016, 04:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting. I have had mine since July and have not ran into the issue. Granted mine is for buddy boxing and sims.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, so I have been trying to figure this out. Turns out that when you go to press the button IN, your finger might toggle the button UP. That would activate the LAST menu item, which happens to be RES!
Now when you get the "Sure?" confirmation, thinking you are confirming a model change, you are actually confirming a complete erase.

The window in my winter muff obscures the bottom of the screen. Add it all up and it leads to tears.

The radio has a 30 model memory, so I'll use the higher memory positions to duplicate backups of my models.

Otherwise this is a great radio. Small and light-weight. I pack some batteries, and this transmitter in a bag around my neck and one or two helis in my hand. This winter I'm using a use a local field, a few minutes from the house. Very simple setup that works well.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not the first time the transmitter erased a model without warning...
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...86&postcount=7
Old 12-19-2016, 08:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, what a pain reprogramming it. Of course, after work I'm in the dark trying to fly it. Turns out the rudder needs to be reversed, So I do that at the field which I can do because the screen on the transmitter has a light. (Who benefits from a time change that makes it dark when people get home from work?? Is it to make people watch TV?)

Wound up doing three packs before it got so dark I could only see the little green LED on the receiver. Sees to work fine again.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Happier with the T6K after the Futaba V2 upgrade.

Best thing is the vibration when the timer is done. That works great when the transmitter is in a muff for winter flying.

The two extra channels are nice for FBL tweaking but my 450L files great with Spirit FBL, nothing needs to be changed.

My 250 needs lots of tweaking but won't work with the s-bus receiver for some reason. So I don't have access to the extra channels at this time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in