Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2016, 03:49 PM   #401 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you for the video. I think that will be my next step when I have time
465 (6s), Align DFC, HW50AV3, KST315 & 8910A+, SK720BE
lcc014 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2016, 07:43 AM   #402 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by soko View Post
Great to hear... thats exactly how you do it.
If you are a nerd though and want to get it 100% perfect you can level the swash at full pitches as well: Soko Heli Toolbox app: Pitch Calculator for perfect collective pitch and level swash - YouTube
I watched this video last night, it was great to know that Soko tool can do max/min pitch setup easily. When I tried to find "pitch calculator" in my Soko heli toolbox app, it was nowhere to be found. My app version is v2.1.1. Is this calculator a separate app or else ?

I found out how to duplicate this "missing pitch calculator button" issue. Whenever I reboot or power cycle my phone (Android 5.1.1), and then run Soko Heli Tools App, pitch calculator button is never there.

The way to fix it is to quit Soko Heli Tools app and run app again. Most of the times, I just need to quit the app and rerun it once. Sometimes, it takes about 2 or 3 tries to get "pitch calculator button" to show up in main menu of Soko Heli Tools app.

Anyone has this same problem with Pitch Calculator Button or just my phone ?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-05-28-10-09-53[1].jpg
Views:	164
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	654590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-05-28-10-10-11[1].jpg
Views:	115
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	654591  

Last edited by lcc014; 05-29-2016 at 08:18 AM..
Old 06-07-2016, 03:36 AM   #403 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey,

Sorry for the late answer but our developers tried to reproduce your issue but weren't successful. It must have to do something with your phone indeed...
If its really too annoying for you please write us an email and we will see if we can get more details out of you so we can reproduce it.

Soko
soko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2016, 06:42 AM   #404 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey,

Sorry for the late answer but our developers tried to reproduce your issue but weren't successful. It must have to do something with your phone indeed...
If its really too annoying for you please write us an email and we will see if we can get more details out of you so we can reproduce it.

Soko
I can reproduce this issue every time after I power cycle my phone. It is not that annoying because Pitch Calculator will show up when I exit the app using "left triangle/Back" button and run app again.

However, if I exit the app using "circle/Home" button and run app again, Pitch Calculator would not show up.

So the workaround is to exit the app using "left triangle/back" button and then re-run app.

Thanks.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:21 AM   #405 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same issue here with the Soko app on a galaxy note 4.
I have to run the app, then exit the app not close it.
Then reopen the app and the option returns.
Smk-A$$-3D™ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2016, 11:33 AM   #406 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hopefully,

Soko will be able to reproduce it and fix it in next release.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:01 AM   #407 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ok guys...

We investigated further since the first report of this issue... but we couldn't reproduce it even with different phones or tablets (including note 4).
It seems to be an issue with the timing of the Google Play Store replies you get on your devices via your internet connection.
Doesn't mean that its a slow connection... its just about the order & timing the asyncronous replies get in...

We could think of some theoretical message flows where the described behaviour can occur and programmed a workaround/fix.
We weren't able to test it though as the problem doesn't occur on our devices as mentioned...

In short: New version 2.1.2 should be online in a few hours - depending how fast Google distributes it. Please update and report if the problem is gone on your side...

Soko
Old 07-27-2016, 10:36 AM   #408 (permalink)
Registered Users

Galaxy note 4,
Soko app seams just fine now
Pitch option there evey time.....
Smk-A$$-3D™ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2016, 01:35 PM   #409 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Soko has done it!!

sweet as man!
so it seems we got that faulty bastard
Old 07-27-2016, 02:22 PM   #410 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, pitch calculator is "fixed" in this release. I tested it many times in my Razr HD. Thanks.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:04 AM   #411 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Soko! I have a question regarding Soko and Beastx.
I have the Soko kit for about 2 years now and I am super happy with it, and I have done full setups dozens of times on my T-Rex 450 PRO DFC + 3GX gyro.
Now I have bought a T-Rex 450L Dominator + Beastx Plus but, as the gyros are very different, I am kind of lost on how to setup my heli with Soko and Beastx.
Would you mind running the process through or giving me directions of how to, as I failed to find it on the net, please?
Please let me know if you already have written any how to of Soko + Beastx setup.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2016, 06:10 AM   #412 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey LEORITY,

The process with the BeastX doesnt differ from the one you already familiar with. I've done a lot of beastX setups in the past without any issues.
Maybe give me some more detailed info about your struggles.

Do you use the app for your setup? With the VMS feature?

So in short, the current procedure with the beastX:

- Setup the beastX so its bound to the Tx and all the servos are moving into the correct direction when giving collective/aileron/elevator/rudder inputs on the Tx
- Fire up the Soko Heli Toolbox app and follow the steps in their.
- Done

If the beastX is new to you you might have to figure out in which beastX-menu you can change the throws, endpoints, etc.

let me know
Soko
Old 10-24-2016, 12:59 AM   #413 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey LEORITY,

The process with the BeastX doesnt differ from the one you already familiar with. I've done a lot of beastX setups in the past without any issues.
Maybe give me some more detailed info about your struggles.

Do you use the app for your setup? With the VMS feature?

So in short, the current procedure with the beastX:

- Setup the beastX so its bound to the Tx and all the servos are moving into the correct direction when giving collective/aileron/elevator/rudder inputs on the Tx
- Fire up the Soko Heli Toolbox app and follow the steps in their.
- Done

If the beastX is new to you you might have to figure out in which beastX-menu you can change the throws, endpoints, etc.

let me know
Soko

Hi Soko,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I was travelling and didn't see it till now.

I will do a setup this week and let you know my struggles.

Thanks again!!

Old 03-13-2017, 10:15 AM   #414 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, I have deleted the list to avoid confusion for other users.

Last edited by LEORITY; 03-13-2017 at 04:07 PM..
LEORITY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 10:25 AM   #415 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Heyho,

OK, I've read through your whole post and your questions. To answer all of them I have to have a look at the detail setup points of the current (??) MicroBeast version/firmware.

Ohh.. I just saw you deleted evrything again
Old 03-13-2017, 10:30 AM   #416 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What I've have seen the list you are using is refering to an old version of the Soko Heli Toolbox app which didn't support the fix 6° cyclic setup of a microbeast. the current one does!

And I've also read that you have turnbuckles on all 5 linkages => sweet as!

So please don't mix setup procedures and stay with the steps of the Soko Heli Toolbox app.

Because you have turnbuckles you can do the following perfect setup method (for details have a look at the appendix "A brief history of head geometry" in the PDF manual):

1. Put on your servo horns
2. Use the microbeast mid-point setup to get them perfectly 90°
3. When the Soko Heli Toolbox app tells you to change the midpoints of the servo DON'T do it. Just adjust the linkage on this particular servo to get to the Soko Gauge reading the app tells you.

If you need a little more detailed version of the 3 steps above let me know

Soko
Old 03-13-2017, 07:21 PM   #417 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
What I've have seen the list you are using is refering to an old version of the Soko Heli Toolbox app which didn't support the fix 6° cyclic setup of a microbeast. the current one does!

And I've also read that you have turnbuckles on all 5 linkages => sweet as!

So please don't mix setup procedures and stay with the steps of the Soko Heli Toolbox app.

Because you have turnbuckles you can do the following perfect setup method (for details have a look at the appendix "A brief history of head geometry" in the PDF manual):

1. Put on your servo horns
2. Use the microbeast mid-point setup to get them perfectly 90°
3. When the Soko Heli Toolbox app tells you to change the midpoints of the servo DON'T do it. Just adjust the linkage on this particular servo to get to the Soko Gauge reading the app tells you.

If you need a little more detailed version of the 3 steps above let me know

Soko

Hi mate. Thanks for your quick reply and sorry for the confusing mixed information.

Can you please help me out as I think I am not managing to get it right? In what step the 6° is adjusted with Soko?
Can you tell me what LED letters correspond to beastx setup menu?
Thanks a lot once again.

Old 03-14-2017, 02:11 AM   #418 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Okeydokey, here is how I would do the perfect setup from scratch.
IMPORTANT: I'm not writing here everything the app already tells you to do. So please read the text in their as well!.
I used the original manual for the microbeast. I you have the plus or pro you may have to look up the corresponding setup point there:

1) Power up your radio and beast and bind them. Do the Setups (I leave out all the tail stuff!) A, B, H, I, M.

2) Servos (NO horns) are NOT mounted on the heli but you know where each of them is going and you connect them to the corresponding channel on the Beast.

=> Now all the servos are moving into the right direction when you move the sticks.

3) Goto mid-stick and Setup G (LED off). => Now all servos are at 0° pitch position

4) Mount the horns in the correct orientation (0° or 90°) as good as possible

5) Now go through the purple/red/blue LED and change the mid-point of each servo so you get perfect 0°/90° (use a ruler).

6) Mount the servos and all horns. => The swash and the blade grips are moving correctly for all stick inputs

7) Start a new Soko Heli Toolbox (SHT) Virtual Main Shaft (VMS) setup with the latest version (v2.1.2) of the app!

8) Fill section 1.x accordingly and make sure at "1.7. Cyclic Pitch" you choose "fixed" and 6.0°

9) Do all the steps as usual up to 4.1

10) At "4.2. FBL System" you CAN goto Setup G with any LED color OR you are NOT in any setup menu and just at mid-stick on your radio.
Background info: As far as I remember the Beast, when you are in Setup G and the LED is off it is in "reference position" which unfortunately is the position with no mid-trim at all! That is not what we want here. We want the servos to be at the position we trimmed it before!
So either you goto the purple/red/blue LED => which will (hopefully) put all the servos to its trim position => you can check how the beast firmware behaves in step 5) above. Or you don't go into any setup at all and just set the sticks to exactly 0° pitch (which you have to do within G anyways as well).
So in a nutshell: We want all 3 servos to be at the trimmed posisition of step 5) and the radio at mid-stick.

11) Go on as usual up to 4.6

12) At 4.7 + 4.8 + 4.9 you DO NOT change anything on the Beast! Instead of changing the perfect mid-points again you adjust your turnbuckle linkages from each servo to the swash until you read the value the app shows you in the 3 steps.
This can be quite challenging depending on the size of your heli and type of turnbuckle links you are using - especially because you must not move the heli out of position when doing it. If you have to dismount the linkages to adjust their length it may be the worst situation...

=> Once you done and you repeated the linkage length adjustment until you don't have to adjust anything anymore (SHT Step 4.10) your servo arms are still in perfect 0°/90° position and your swash is also perfectly perpenticular to your main shaft.

12) Keep going with the SHT steps

13) In 5.1 you have to activate Setup K on the Beast and again mid-stick.

14) At SHT 5.3 you adjust the value of Setup K.

15) At 5.4 you can only check if you are close to the value of the SHT app. The beast doesn't allow a seperate value for + and - collective. So whatever missmatch you have here (reason is head geometry of your model) you have to accecpt. If it is really a big difference you can sacrifice some + collective to get closer to the - collective value.

16) At 5.5 you goto Setup J on the Beast and mid-stick. You have to rotate the head so the main blades are in line (parallel) to the boom. This is how the Beast wants you to setup cyclic (see page 52 of this manual).

17) SHT 5.6: Enter the value you read on the Soko Gauge. Be sure to enter the bubble level symbol correctly!
IMPORTANT: I don't know if the swash plate gets already tilted by the Beast once you enter Setup J. If the swash does tilt you have to do this step witch NO Setup active and just mid-stick.
Background: The SHT app needs to know the value when 0° pitch is applied on the sticks.
If the swash stays at it is when you activate Setup J and starts moving only when you move the aileron on the radio all is good and you can do as described.

18) SHT 5.7: Now move the aileron stick as described on page 51 & 52 in the Beast manual until you read one of the values the app shows you. Which one does just depend on the direction you are moving the stick. You need only one direction.

19) Push the Beast button to save the value once you are there.

20) Finish the SHT setup as usual.

I hope the above helps you. Not only to setup your heli but also to understand the background a little bit better...

cu
Soko

PS: On the start-screen of the SHT app I did set the bottom question to "dozen". You have to do the same to get the same numbering of the steps!
Ohhh... make sure you have the latest SHT app version!
Old 04-15-2017, 06:58 PM   #419 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Okeydokey, here is how I would do the perfect setup from scratch.
IMPORTANT: I'm not writing here everything the app already tells you to do. So please read the text in their as well!.
I used the original manual for the microbeast. I you have the plus or pro you may have to look up the corresponding setup point there:

1) Power up your radio and beast and bind them. Do the Setups (I leave out all the tail stuff!) A, B, H, I, M.

2) Servos (NO horns) are NOT mounted on the heli but you know where each of them is going and you connect them to the corresponding channel on the Beast.

=> Now all the servos are moving into the right direction when you move the sticks.

3) Goto mid-stick and Setup G (LED off). => Now all servos are at 0° pitch position

4) Mount the horns in the correct orientation (0° or 90°) as good as possible

5) Now go through the purple/red/blue LED and change the mid-point of each servo so you get perfect 0°/90° (use a ruler).

6) Mount the servos and all horns. => The swash and the blade grips are moving correctly for all stick inputs

7) Start a new Soko Heli Toolbox (SHT) Virtual Main Shaft (VMS) setup with the latest version (v2.1.2) of the app!

8) Fill section 1.x accordingly and make sure at "1.7. Cyclic Pitch" you choose "fixed" and 6.0°

9) Do all the steps as usual up to 4.1

10) At "4.2. FBL System" you CAN goto Setup G with any LED color OR you are NOT in any setup menu and just at mid-stick on your radio.
Background info: As far as I remember the Beast, when you are in Setup G and the LED is off it is in "reference position" which unfortunately is the position with no mid-trim at all! That is not what we want here. We want the servos to be at the position we trimmed it before!
So either you goto the purple/red/blue LED => which will (hopefully) put all the servos to its trim position => you can check how the beast firmware behaves in step 5) above. Or you don't go into any setup at all and just set the sticks to exactly 0° pitch (which you have to do within G anyways as well).
So in a nutshell: We want all 3 servos to be at the trimmed posisition of step 5) and the radio at mid-stick.

11) Go on as usual up to 4.6

12) At 4.7 + 4.8 + 4.9 you DO NOT change anything on the Beast! Instead of changing the perfect mid-points again you adjust your turnbuckle linkages from each servo to the swash until you read the value the app shows you in the 3 steps.
This can be quite challenging depending on the size of your heli and type of turnbuckle links you are using - especially because you must not move the heli out of position when doing it. If you have to dismount the linkages to adjust their length it may be the worst situation...

=> Once you done and you repeated the linkage length adjustment until you don't have to adjust anything anymore (SHT Step 4.10) your servo arms are still in perfect 0°/90° position and your swash is also perfectly perpenticular to your main shaft.

12) Keep going with the SHT steps

13) In 5.1 you have to activate Setup K on the Beast and again mid-stick.

14) At SHT 5.3 you adjust the value of Setup K.

15) At 5.4 you can only check if you are close to the value of the SHT app. The beast doesn't allow a seperate value for + and - collective. So whatever missmatch you have here (reason is head geometry of your model) you have to accecpt. If it is really a big difference you can sacrifice some + collective to get closer to the - collective value.

16) At 5.5 you goto Setup J on the Beast and mid-stick. You have to rotate the head so the main blades are in line (parallel) to the boom. This is how the Beast wants you to setup cyclic (see page 52 of this manual).

17) SHT 5.6: Enter the value you read on the Soko Gauge. Be sure to enter the bubble level symbol correctly!
IMPORTANT: I don't know if the swash plate gets already tilted by the Beast once you enter Setup J. If the swash does tilt you have to do this step witch NO Setup active and just mid-stick.
Background: The SHT app needs to know the value when 0° pitch is applied on the sticks.
If the swash stays at it is when you activate Setup J and starts moving only when you move the aileron on the radio all is good and you can do as described.

18) SHT 5.7: Now move the aileron stick as described on page 51 & 52 in the Beast manual until you read one of the values the app shows you. Which one does just depend on the direction you are moving the stick. You need only one direction.

19) Push the Beast button to save the value once you are there.

20) Finish the SHT setup as usual.

I hope the above helps you. Not only to setup your heli but also to understand the background a little bit better...

cu
Soko

PS: On the start-screen of the SHT app I did set the bottom question to "dozen". You have to do the same to get the same numbering of the steps!
Ohhh... make sure you have the latest SHT app version!

Hey SOKO! Happy easter!

I just wanted to say thank you for your "setup guide" for being very clear, direct to the point and quickly written!!

The always great customer service is FANTASTIC!!! That is why I always recommend SOKO Kit to people I know.

Best regards,

LEORITY

Old 04-16-2017, 06:56 AM   #420 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No worries mate. I'm happy I can help with the stuff I'm so passionate about

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in