Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2017, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Where do the Metal Washers go?

Hi all, I am in the process of stripping down my B450X to repair after a crash. Tail section is good, main shaft and gears are good, it appears that only the landing gear, tail boom, and spindle need to be replaced. Ok, almost forgot, blades, and a collective push rod.

After removing the main shaft to check it, two metal washers fell onto my table. I looked in the manual and exploded drawings, but could not find the same parts. They come with main shaft, but I do not know where they go. Please help me. Does one go above the top bearing block and one below the middle bearing? Or some place else? Here they are:

Thank you for your comments!

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Main Shaft.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	709020  
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2017, 08:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

They sit between the top of the top bearing block and the small collar ring on the mainshaft to remove vertical play in the mainshaft. After crash repairs you may need fewer or more of these to get it just right.
Ideally after assembling there should be no vertical play but it shouldn't be tight.
Hope this helps
Old 05-26-2017, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Very helpful information. Thank you for letting me know. I would much rather put it back together the right way and have a potentially longer life span. From your message, I assume that both washers fit directly on top of each other?

Thank you!
Old 05-26-2017, 11:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue22 View Post
From your message, I assume that both washers fit directly on top of each other?

Thank you!
Yes thats correct, use as many as needed to get it "just right" not sloppy nor tight. If you need more than 2 or 3 I would think something has not gone together correctly.
Glad to help
Old 05-27-2017, 09:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I lost them around the second time I ever crashed the B450X then never cared about putting then again. This was almost 400 flights ago.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in