Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Flight Controllers (NAZA, Wookong, A2, etc...) > DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM)

DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM) DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 06:43 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: DJI PHANTOM 2 Launched!

Is the phantom 1 going to be discontinued, or will they continue as parallel models?

I can see a big market for the 2 for long flight time and ease of a propietary battery, but people within rc community I am sure prefer the choice of cheaper generic lipo batteries.
jamesb72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2013, 05:16 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default DJI released a new firmware V1.08 for Phantom 2!

What’s new?

Firmware
PHANTOM 2 Main Controller Firmware V1.08
1.In Phantom 2 mode, users can set a new home point manually when the aircraft is in “Ready to fly” status as long as a home point has been recorded automatically.
2.In a Failsafe situation, if less than 6 GPS satellites are found for more than 20 seconds, the aircraft will descend automatically.
3.Fixed a glitch that prevented descent after the 2nd level low battery capacity warning occurs when in Naza-m mode.

Assistant Software
1.PHANTOM 2 and PHANTOM 2 VISION will share the PHANTOM 2 Assistant Software.

User Manual
1.Added the 8-Pin port sequence on AVL58 connection diagrams.
2.Added an important note: Keep the wireless video transmission module and other communicating devices away from the compass during installation and connection to avoid interference.
3.Added a note about automatic descent when GPS satellites are found less than 6 for more than 20 seconds while in Failsafe.

Upgrade Notes
1.Upgrade the main controller and central board firmware to the latest version using Assistant Software V1.08. Be sure the central board firmware is V1.0.1.19 or above, otherwise there will be malfunction caused by version mismatch.
2.Upgrade iOSD mini, iOSD Mark II and H3-2D firmware to the latest version before using them with PHANTOM 2.
3.If you have any problems during upgrade, please contact your dealer or DJI Customer Service.

Please click here to download the V1.08 firmware.
DJI Innovations is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013, 05:16 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DJI released a new firmware V1.08 for Phantom 2!

What’s new?

Firmware
PHANTOM 2 Main Controller Firmware V1.08
1.In Phantom 2 mode, users can set a new home point manually when the aircraft is in “Ready to fly” status as long as a home point has been recorded automatically.
2.In a Failsafe situation, if less than 6 GPS satellites are found for more than 20 seconds, the aircraft will descend automatically.
3.Fixed a glitch that prevented descent after the 2nd level low battery capacity warning occurs when in Naza-m mode.

Assistant Software
1.PHANTOM 2 and PHANTOM 2 VISION will share the PHANTOM 2 Assistant Software.

User Manual
1.Added the 8-Pin port sequence on AVL58 connection diagrams.
2.Added an important note: Keep the wireless video transmission module and other communicating devices away from the compass during installation and connection to avoid interference.
3.Added a note about automatic descent when GPS satellites are found less than 6 for more than 20 seconds while in Failsafe.

Upgrade Notes
1.Upgrade the main controller and central board firmware to the latest version using Assistant Software V1.08. Be sure the central board firmware is V1.0.1.19 or above, otherwise there will be malfunction caused by version mismatch.
2.Upgrade iOSD mini, iOSD Mark II and H3-2D firmware to the latest version before using them with PHANTOM 2.
3.If you have any problems during upgrade, please contact your dealer or DJI Customer Service.

Please click here to download the V1.08 firmware.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wink

^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouseau View Post
I think it's been a sore subject for far too long and them coming on here to post about new products has become more of a slap in the face to everyone when they can't take the time to answers a few questions...

I have DJI stuff as well and it's all quality stuff, no doubt! However even I have had issues with no support to get answers from.
They were kind of enough to return and slap the other cheek. LOL
truraza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by truraza View Post
^^^^

Agreed, they just don't get it.

Helis I've had: Trex 500, Compass 500, MCPX, Nano CPX
bstanley72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #26 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by truraza View Post
^^^^

This is obviously the doings of a genius
clouseau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is amusing enough to be farcical. There is no way that the person posting for Phantom reads these threads or possibly has an understanding of English. They are just assigned to get the new information and marketing out, copy and paste.
MattIsWaldo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why are you guys bashing Dji? I had about literally 15+ naza/GPS motors and escs. I never had a problem of fly always, inadvertent start ups etc. I did however used my JR 12x in all my set ups including phantom. How many dji stuff sells compared to ofher stuff? probably 10/1 if Not more. Ppl say that horizon is good at customer service but their products are crap and over priced. This is the reason why I never bought their quad. For same price, phantom is much better made. I know this cuz their e flight helis are absolute $hit. Why do you think they have good customer service??? Cuz they have $ to pay those who works their and where do they get those $ to fund? By overcharging their products!

Ppl bash align helis all the time saying they are junk or have no customer service, don't speak English and most of all NOT made here in US. Well i swithed from logos, miniature aircraft belis to all aligns. Quality of align helis are superb compared to mikado and miniature. Well to tell you the truth, things made in US are overpriced and not made to par. Just look at items from Best buy for example! Just cuz it's made in US doesn't mean it's made by skilled white collar workers. I would never buy GM and Ford again having owned both of them past five years.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't think anyone is bashing DJI products, I've had good luck with them as have the other people posting in this thread. What we are complaining about is their complete lack of customer service and the fact that the only time they post anything here on HF (and anywhere else for that matter) is when it is a new product they are pushing. That's all.

Helis I've had: Trex 500, Compass 500, MCPX, Nano CPX
bstanley72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #30 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Well your one of the lucky ones... I don't think anyone here is bashing their products other than having no one to turn to for support in their so called (non existent) support chain.

We are bashing that they don't acknowledge any issues at all and they don't return e-mails or answer any support questions!

To think no one there in the company can speak or can read English is silly, I've been there and can tell you that many of just the children there can read, write, and speak English better than 50% of the kids in the US. Including myself. Lol

And If you weigh in the sheer volume of DJI sales, it's even more insulting they can't provide any kind of reasonable support. Even Team Black Sheep who's Discos are mostly based off DJI gear provides better customer service...

The DJI vendors who are supposed to be the support have absolutely no support from DJI to help them when it comes to issues they can't resolve.

Align is not a good comparison at all as myself and many others have had excellent support from their vendors, and team pilots.

You might think Horizon sucks, but where did your JR radio come from? I guarantee if you ever needed support for it you'll be very happy your dealing with Horrizon Hobby instead of DJI...

Horizon Hobby in every case has bent over backwards and has been more than fair In all my dealings with them.
As far as what I think about their products... I don't like most of them as they are more like novelty type of toys to me. They aren't meant for modification and people who want the best!

Bottom line!, DJI support sucks!
clouseau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitoflyer View Post
Why are you guys bashing Dji? I had about literally 15+ naza/GPS motors and escs. I never had a problem of fly always, inadvertent start ups etc. I did however used my JR 12x in all my set ups including phantom. How many dji stuff sells compared to ofher stuff? probably 10/1 if Not more. Ppl say that horizon is good at customer service but their products are crap and over priced. This is the reason why I never bought their quad. For same price, phantom is much better made. I know this cuz their e flight helis are absolute $hit. Why do you think they have good customer service??? Cuz they have $ to pay those who works their and where do they get those $ to fund? By overcharging their products!

Ppl bash align helis all the time saying they are junk or have no customer service, don't speak English and most of all NOT made here in US. Well i swithed from logos, miniature aircraft belis to all aligns. Quality of align helis are superb compared to mikado and miniature. Well to tell you the truth, things made in US are overpriced and not made to par. Just look at items from Best buy for example! Just cuz it's made in US doesn't mean it's made by skilled white collar workers. I would never buy GM and Ford again having owned both of them past five years.
DJI has decent products and piss-poor support response. Plain and simple. Ask any hobby shop that has carried both. I love DJI's stuff. Asked the LHS to bring some in. Sold out immediately. And then as expected, support was needed. Where was it to be found for the DJI stuff? Post a video on youtube, send us a link...wait. Wait. Wait. Try this, post a video, send them a link...wait. wait. wait.

Blade QX350 had issues. Called customer service, explained problem with ACTUAL person. Blade said, replace the quad with a new one, send us the bad one, credit the LHS.

A phantom and qx350 cost about the same with very similar capabilities. One company has excellent customer support and one does not. Who do you think the LHS is going to carry?

I don't own a single blade quad of any type. I like DJI products. But not everyone is like me when they want to get into this. They expect support from the shop they buy stuff from. If the manufacturer/supply chain does not support the retail front end...they'll sell other things.

As for the things made in the US comment, I don't think a single damn quad copter on the market in the US is made in the US. Parts, maybe a few frames...but the electronics come from China, Taiwan, Singapore, etc. Heck, some may come out of the same place by an OEM supplier.

Honda, Nissan, Kia, Hyundai, Toyota, VW (to name a few) are built right here in the US of A, by those "not up to par" capable employees. Most GM's and Fords today (aside from trucks) are international versions in USDM formats. Over-priced? The "foreign" brands cost more (except for Kia and Hyundai it seems).

That price is driven in many ways by having time off, health benefits, fair (hell even a minimum wage) at those places of employment. decent working conditions, etc. Like your pay at work? Fair treatment and benefits? Be thankful you're here in the United States of America. The places where most of our toys come from have crap working conditions, low wages and employee abuse by our "softer" US standards.

If not for standards in quality testing for products destined for the US markets, you would not buy a single damn thing made in China if it were sold here with the same quality expectations as they carry for their own domestic use.

I've lived out there, a lot of the stuff sold there is complete garbage compared to the worst crap we get here. The house brand electronics here are better than what you get in most stores in Hong Kong. And the top brands over there, are like buying them here. You pay for it.

I work in US manufacturing and take it personally when I read ignorant comments like that. The primary reason for off-shore manufacturing is the cost of labor and lax laws. Those equal more profit for the US companies. As soon as China or any other countries start treating their employees like the US workforce expects to be treated and costs rise to anywhere near what it can be done for domestically. Plants/offices will shutdown and thousands of workers in those host countries will be unemployed. It's already begun with many companies scaling back their off-shore endeavors.

/rant
truraza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitoflyer View Post

Are you even reading these posts? No one is saying ANYTHING about a made in USA vs. non-made in USA product. The discussion is about customer service. That is all.
MattIsWaldo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

DJI WILL keep doing the business they are doing , as long as no competitor steps up to the plate by spending on advertising.
a company only sells as much as they do , do to advertising. product quality is 2nd after that.

If its bought , then the advertising did it job.

NOW! If you really want to stick to goo.
I did a demo at ircha , tried to work with dji to improve a product, work with it etc. Tried to be part of dji and promote thier products, (as was asked to , not me trying to "get in"). And i can't get a response nor support!!! I really feel for random anyone trying to get support, . Its really non exsistant. I jsut gave up and called it a loss and moved on. Now looking at cc3d Mc's and a lot of competitors products, as i have no reason to keep trying to comunicate with dji.(this after about 7 or so emails since Aug.) To bad , as i've spent some money that coulda went to dji stuff.
just watch the ircha 2013 dji video(my 5 seconds of fame) since then , no communication.

oh for the never to buy american made cars guy do you know the only vehicle made "in the usa" completely , is the toyota tundra.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dji is not good at communication I totally agree with that. But what's there to talk to them about? What I mean is why not talk to that guy on YouTube, Colin Guinn from Dji USA in tx? What does he do? To my understanding he gets from Dji in china and distributes here in the US right? If you have toyota car and have problem, you contact the dealer of purchase. If that doesn't work you contact toyota of USA. Not toyota in Japan!

I remember I had questions about set up when I first got my phantom from empirerc. They told me they were distributors of USA??? I don't k ow who actually is but anyways, left 4-5 messages and never got a call back. Figured it on my own.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #35 (permalink)
HF MR Support

To DJI: We appreciate the effort at customer engagement in your subsequent post, but simply copy/pasting some instruction appendices is not what we're talking about. Sigh. That is broadcasting, not two way communication. Again, please go look at this forum where Skylark FPV actually engages in two way communication with their customers if you need an example. To reiterate for anyone who thinks I'm bashing you, I love your stuff and really, really, want you to succeed. The hobby needs you.

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's Dji that got me into multis as a hobby. I started with cars then planes then helis and now multis. If it wasn't for Dji I would have never got a multi. Their customer service is pretty bad ,but Iike their products. Will keep buying Dji as long their stuff interests me. I just got a ground station and waiting for x Mas to open my I pad. Lol.

I don't k ow a out others but I don't buy thing so that I could get customer service. I buy things that I like. I used to have BMW x5 and actuall loved their customer support but hated their cars. Dealers ripping you off and constantly breaking. Now I only will buy Lexus/toyota, honda/Acura and Kia/Hyundai. No other brands. Can't trust other brands.

For those who think domestic cars are less expensive you are wrong. Go check out fusion to accord Camry etc. not Much price difference. As for luxury, Cadillac, Lincoln etc are just as pricy as Lexus/infinity etc but with less options. Domestic are not cheaper compared to imports when comparing same options/ class etc.

I don't know where you lived in china but shanghai, Hong Kong standard of living is very high. Seoul/Korea and Tokyo/Japan for example keep the best electronics for them selves. Their cell phone tech is five yrs ahead compared to US. They chatted video on their cell phones years already but we don't even have that yet. Latest tech from Samsung that we get here from Korea is months behind already. Consumers there are very very picky. If its not perfect then they don't buy.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:07 AM   #37 (permalink)

I fly DJI products. Other than the loose nut on the sticks, I haven't had any problems. (Got pretty frustrated with the f450 build but that wasn't DJI's fault.)

Boycott DJI. March around their US office with picket signs. Let CNN and Fox news get ahold of that.
Colin, you listening?
Bad PR is a powerful tool in the hands of savvy customers. Make enough organized noise and hell since they're based out of another country, the State Department might even get involved. Be sure to inform the powers that be, that lack of tech support for their products could lead to injury or fatal accidents.

Turn up the heat. Right now as I see it, we're just loosely together. We need to get tight. Make noise but do it in a organized, professional manner.
Ball's in your court people. What's your next move?
setishock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea get Colin Guinn involved. Instead let his employes play ping long at the office let them answer some email or calls? Why is he Dji USA!!!
Old 12-22-2013, 12:38 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Who knows. You can always build a F330 or F450. You can put the same controller on either craft. Now with the DJI DT7 transmitter and DS16 receiver you can have that as well.
AMA #844172 DJI S1000 Lightbridge Zen for 5D, S900 LB Zen for BMPCC, DJI Phantom 2 Vision +, P2Z2 with Data Link, P2Z3 with LB DJI Forum Support
Tahoe Ed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2013, 03:00 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DJI released assistant software for Mac!

Mac style interface
Clean, modern Mac inspired interface that Mac users will love.

Different system, same operation
Usage is the same on Mac and PC versions, so if you’re used to the PC version you can switch straight over.

No more driver installs
No more downloading drivers to install Assistant. It just works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nmM9qFljPk

Operating system: Mac OS X 10.6(Lion) or above
Supported flight systems: Phantom 2 Vision, Phantom 2, A2

Please click here to download the Mac Assistant Software for Phantom 2 Vision.

Please click here to download the Mac Assistant Software for Phantom 2.

Please click here to download the Mac Assistant Software for A2.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in