Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > DJI Multirotor Support > Spreading Wings Multirotor Support

Spreading Wings Multirotor Support Spreading Wings Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default A2 flight controller warning?

Hey guys,

I have a question about the A2 flight controller. The moment I connect the flight controller with the dji assistant it gives me the following error :"please keep away the interference of the magnetic fields. if the led continually blinks the error indicator carry out the compass calibration."

So do I need to do the compass calibration? and also what is the difference between the compass calibration and the IMU calibration.

I have the S900 and this problem bothers me.

Thank you

Anthony Kolenberg
crazy3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2014, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

The compass dance as it's called is done disconnected from the assistance software and in an open area away from metal objects. The online manual will walk you through how to do that.
Another thing you need to look out for is strong magnets near where ever you sit you bird down to service it. I had my F450 sitting on my desk with speakers next to my monitor and it would drive the compass nuts. I got a 16 foot USB extension cable and moved the quad to the bench behind me. No problems after that.

As for the difference between the IMU calibration and the compass calibration.
The IMU is the gyro, accelerometer package. The calibration sets a baseline for level and for no movement. So when it's done it has an idea of what level is supposed to be and what 0 movement is. So it's important to have your bird sitting as level as possible on your bench and not touch it while the calibration is going on. Go see what's in the fridge and come back in 10 minutes.

When you go out to fly and you get the good to go from the status LED, take it up to 20 feet or so and let it sit there hands off the sticks for 30 seconds at least. Then kick the stuffing's out of it.
setishock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2014, 04:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you very much for clearing that up to me. Still learning all the functions and features.
I did the compass calibration and the problem was gone.
crazy3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in