Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 12:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HC3 SX, 9503, Satellite

Well, I almost had my HC3 set up decent. Now, I got pissy with all the wiring etc. I had a 9303 72Hz radio. I bought a DSM2 9503 to replace it with....so
1) I can use any (1) Spektrum satellite, plug it into the HX3SX module, and I am receiver ready? (ready to get signals)
2) Does the 9503 have 2 gain switch functions? I don't remember whether it was the 9503 or the 11x. (I'd use 1 for the tail and 1 for the head)
3) I only have a F9253 servo on the tail. Is that quick enough? I assume it is not rated for 6v? Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Radio will be here this thurs or so, so I am ready to get back on the ball.
Wags

Oh, should I update to the v114 firmware now? I assume that is for the module only?
wagspe208 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
1) I can use any (1) Spektrum satellite, plug it into the HX3SX module, and I am receiver ready? (ready to get signals)
I would suggest using two satellite recievers on any machine bigger than a 450-500. There are two sockets on each side of the HC3-SX to plug these into to. Once you do this you need to activate bind mode on the RC page. You will not be using a bind plug to bind.

Quote:
2) Does the 9503 have 2 gain switch functions? I don't remember whether it was the 9503 or the 11x. (I'd use 1 for the tail and 1 for the head)
Yes, the HC3SX only requires 8 channels for full capabilties including an extra output for a governor. The 9503 is 9 channels so this will allow you to harness its full capabilities.

Quote:
3) I only have a F9253 servo on the tail. Is that quick enough? I assume it is not rated for 6v? Any other suggestions?
I do not have any experience with this servo, maybe someone else can chime in with their results. For a standard size tail servo, I have found Futaba BLS251 to work very well. If you are not going to be doing any 3d or agressive flying it should work just fine. You may want to run a 5v stepdown because that tail servo is only rated for 4.8v.

Quote:
Oh, should I update to the v114 firmware now? I assume that is for the module only?
Yes, You will want to upgrade your device firmware to the latest and download the latest PC interface software from the Helicommand website.

Rob
Helicommand Flight Team
heli21 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Do I need to use the DSMX satellites? Or DSM2 satellites? Or does it not matter?
Thanks
Wags
Old 01-03-2012, 03:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Either DSM2 or DSMX.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

But if I use 2 satellites as recommended they must be the same?? Correct?
Thanks
Wags
Old 01-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagspe208 View Post
But if I use 2 satellites as recommended they must be the same?? Correct?
Thanks
Wags
They work at different frame rates (DSM2 1024 and DSMX 2048) so I would say yes they must be the same but this is really only a gut feeling because I never risk anything when it comes to my helis. I use two DSM2 on my HC3SX because I already had them. Captron tell me there is no problem using DSMX.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I got my basic setup last night. Channels programmed, stuff moving the right direction and the right distance. I was getting ready to set up pitch and the servos started glitching, shaking, etc. The LED was dimming. I checked my battery and it was down on voltagre, so charge and I should be ready to set up gyro setttings. I even figured how to use my slide switch on transmitter to set gyro gain. I could not figure it out on the 9303. So COOL!
Wags
Old 01-08-2012, 01:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good one. You certainly have not met your Waterloo. For my first flights I left everything at default except for pitch and tail travel. My Furion 6 flew like it was on rails but then I am only a hack flyer, no 3D. Guys commented how smooth my circuits were. It hovered perfectly hands off with or without horizontal stabilisation and my little autos from 2 metres at the end of the flights were on the ball. All I have to do now is tone down the elevator as it will stand on it's end very easily. I also need to tone down the tail gyro. Piros are insanely fast, flat and stop dead. I am concerned if I leave it like that it will break something. (I put the bigger belt drive pulley on.) It is my first real go at FBL and I am chuffed with it. This heli is going to get me through my first flips, loops and rolls!!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 04:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

To answer this quickly: yes, you can use DSM2 or DSMX, but if using 2 sats they should be of the same kind of course.
When using one sat only on small helis up to 450 class, please note to connect the sat to the right connecting port, meaning the one on the side where also the PC connection is plugged in.
Good to hear that all worked our fine for you, Wags.

Cheers,
Joachim
DEMONjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can I run the Head gyro on Aux 3?
Please post your channel assignment.
Coolheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 06:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think that you need DSMX satelites to be able to get the 8th channel to work.
Phil
highsidenz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's what I have.
The only time ch 8 comes alive is when I assign it to the output 2 or ch7 (aux2) for JR in the setup menu. Both of them are already in use by gyros and governor.
Coolheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in