Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #241 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefs_nut_58 View Post
dude heres what i got and i think its correct.

when i turn the main blades clockwise( direction of lift) they turn freely without the main gear.

when i turn the gear itself clockwise everything turns main and tail blades in lift direction

when i turn the gear counterclockwise just the tail turns

when i turn the blades counterclockwise (nonlift direction) they dont turn and neither does the main gear and i dont think i want to appy force.
Apply force - the whole thing should spin along with the motor and everything. It should require a hell of a lot LESS force than the motor applies during flight anyway. You need to check this to make sure the one-way bearing is working right. Everything else you said is normal.

Quote:
i was wanting a good beginer throttle curve and pitch setup and also need some direction on dr& expo settings to help tone down center stick movement....but not to the point were im fighting myself.
I am an advocate of learning to fly with full capability. Depending on who you are, this may not be appropriate for you. I recommend 20-30% expo on all channels.

Quote:
i have a dx6i and a 6100e rx...... oh and a nother question is i have a ds410m on the cyclic along with 2 ds410's is this ok??

sorry i just got the little guy and am kinda new to the trex setup but i am pretty expirienced with walkera 4g6s's
There is enough difference between those servos that it may cause unwanted cyclic input during quick actions - at your level you probably won't notice it.
Jasmine2501 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #242 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i appriciate the help alot jas!!! i will upload a video showing u my 250 and would really appriciate some direction on setting it up as far as where to put the esc and bec oh i forgot to metion that it has a scorpion motor 2200 to 3900kv and it has a align stock esc so whats the other blue thing resembleing one for ?? isthere a there a combo to buy so i dont need em both..... video coming and awaiting your imput
CHIEF-X is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #243 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefs_nut_58 View Post
i appriciate the help alot jas!!! i will upload a video showing u my 250 and would really appriciate some direction on setting it up as far as where to put the esc and bec oh i forgot to metion that it has a scorpion motor 2200 to 3900kv and it has a align stock esc so whats the other blue thing resembleing one for ?? isthere a there a combo to buy so i dont need em both..... video coming and awaiting your imput
On my 250 there is a separate BEC, the blue box on the bottom of it.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #244 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

my video is uploading and takeing forever like usual... it has 90 minutes left and im gonna try to stay up till i can give ya a link to it. i will be awaiting some tips tomorrow and hopefully my ar6100e is here is this a good enough rx for the bird?? and i am a field flyer landing on alot of grass is putting the electrics back under the frame gonna damage it on a landing?? thers not much clearance there and i dont wanna smash the esc bec when i come down on some hard weed or somethin due to the skids makeing contact and inseting the heli in the grass smashing the esc or bec. i gotta download a manual i know lol but the tips i have gotten off people for my 4g6 usually saved me some time by useing their expirience and the manual to come up with the best possible solution
Old 01-25-2011, 12:53 AM   #245 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default finally........damn

well its now 1:00 am and the video is finally done please help me figure out the best way to set up electrics and also was wondering witch fbl system to get. it looks as though im between the uRONDO and the microbeast-x. any other suggestions are appriciated and keep the dreamed of fbl system in mind

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZqBARReFEw[/ame]
Old 01-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #246 (permalink)
Registered Users

With the blades spinning freely in one direction is normal, that's the one-way bearing for your auto rotation .Just follow the align manual Ans you will be OK on setting up the servos
Old 01-25-2011, 11:01 AM   #247 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So then, don't land on rocks

I've never understood this. It's a really common complaint - landing gears are "too breakable" or the tail dips in the grass, or whatever...

You are in control of the thing. Helicopters are supposed to land softly. Get some plywood and make a heli pad, at the very least.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:58 PM   #248 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default ??

lol i know the end result is my fault and i am in control im just trying to get ideas for the best possible setup! im not gonna dog anyone or any heli for my problems jazz its not my style

ive found the best thing to do when in doubt about things like this is ASK the only stupid ? is the one not asked.

then read the manual as u already have some expirience to go by and relate better to what the manual is trying to tell u. this is not my first heli dude but i do still consider myself a beginer to intermediate pilot(probly will till i can flip and tic toc.)

is there really a "norm" when placeing the esc bec??because if under the belly is where its supposed to be i will go that route but im lookin for the most crash resistant setup i can to minimize damage to the little guy as i know it will most likely happen sooner or later. i mean really guys id bet 100 dollars right now everyone reading this has crashed lol. i know ive had my share and will continue to. oh and as far that plywood helipad i already have a 4 x 8 piece of osb plywood i subfloor glued laminate snap together hardwood flooring too. it looks pretty bad ass with the theli pad already painted on it. now i just need to figure out a way to get a piece of wind ribbon up on the powe line to stay put. then i gotta windsock too lol thinkin about tapein a piece of cardboard to it so it cant wrap up like the last one did.
jazzy thanks to all any other tips for us newbs....
if ya wanna see my flight skillz (witch arent much) go to my youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/chiefsnu...t?feature=mhum
Old 01-25-2011, 09:00 PM   #249 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, the 250 is kinda small, and I didn't really feel that there was a better place, but I keep a floor mat in my car for flying if I need it. I think some people put it on the side and in the back. Look back through the photos in this thread. There's a ton of ways to lay it all out. You don't really need a BEC if you get an ESC with a good one built in.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #250 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

would the castle 25a esc work?? or what size phoenix castle would work??
Old 01-25-2011, 09:27 PM   #251 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The Phoenix 25 is what I use. It would be fine. You don't need a BEC with it, but I use one anyway.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #252 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

what is the reasoning behind that?? is it some sort of extra protection?
where do u have your stuff mounted at? and what kinda soldier do u use?
Old 01-25-2011, 10:51 PM   #253 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The external BEC provides more reliable power for the receiver and components, and it's slightly more efficient as well. I can also adjust it anywhere between 4.8 and 6 volts to run the 250 - I set it at 5.5. However, it is not redundancy, because you need to disable the built-in BEC in any speed controllers you might use. I mounted the ESC under the motor, which places it near a heat source, and this is risky because one primary cause of built-in BEC failure is heat build-up. BEC failure can cause temporary or permanent shut-down of the receiver, so it's pretty dangerous.

You have choices though. You could mount a Phoenix 25 on the side of frame or underneath, and it would probably be fine without the external BEC.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:14 PM   #254 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i gotta cc bec and a align esc. and will a oversky esc program card work??
Old 01-29-2011, 10:31 AM   #255 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Jasmine, I posted a question about bec's in the newbie thread but I couldn't get a good answer. I was wondering if you could help me out.

How do I determine exactly the capacity of the BEC that i need? The short answer I got was 5-10A on small helis and 10-20A on bigger helis. I'm trying to figure out the "why" behind this. I know bigger helis have bigger servos that probably run 6 volts all the time, but I just can't get the answer on how to determine the max amp draw (if it's even related to this) all four servos will use to figure out what capacity a BEC needs to support them.
ValHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2011, 11:39 AM   #256 (permalink)
Registered Users

2 or 3 amps is more than needed.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #257 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValHeli View Post
Hi Jasmine, I posted a question about bec's in the newbie thread but I couldn't get a good answer. I was wondering if you could help me out.

How do I determine exactly the capacity of the BEC that i need? The short answer I got was 5-10A on small helis and 10-20A on bigger helis. I'm trying to figure out the "why" behind this. I know bigger helis have bigger servos that probably run 6 volts all the time, but I just can't get the answer on how to determine the max amp draw (if it's even related to this) all four servos will use to figure out what capacity a BEC needs to support them.
You add up all the amps needed by each device. You have to find the specs for your reciever, servos, and anything else that will draw current from the bec.

For the servos, you'll want the worst case scenerio...stall current.
Silverexpress01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #258 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nko15 View Post
2 or 3 amps is more than needed.
Yes, I know this. Although helpful, it does not provide the answer to my question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverexpress01 View Post
You add up all the amps needed by each device. You have to find the specs for your reciever, servos, and anything else that will draw current from the bec.

For the servos, you'll want the worst case scenerio...stall current.
Thanks for chiming in Silver (I still need your help with the SK but that's for a diff. thread:o) Yes sir, this was my first suspect. I'm a die -hard Hitec fan and I couldn't find this exact info on any of their servos. This is what they had to say in their FAQ:

Q. How much amperage does a digital servo draw?
A. It depends on the servo and the load. For standard sized digital servos, a good rule of thumb is 2A at max torque.

Ok that's sensible. 2amps - for standard sized servos -- which covers what exactly? What about for premium servos or even HV servos? How about for receivers and gyros? I didn't even know rx's draw current also now that you've mentioned it. The amp draw info is simply lacking.
ValHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #259 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ran out of the shims that goes between the head and grips, do they sell them separately or I have to piece them out
Old 01-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #260 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i am haveing some trouble settin up my trex 250....

i have a align 15a esc and castle compatible bec.. the wires from the esc are done right as this heli was purchased used with the red wire already took out of the equasion in the esc. and i have a ar6100e rx the ports on it are as follows from left to right....

batt
thro
ale
elev
rudd
gear
aux1

i am told i have to connect the pit servo to aux 1
i am unsure where esc and bec wires go??
ale elev rudd and gear are as follows i think

ale is the front servo on the left side of the heli lookin at it from the tail in position

elev is the rear servo

pit is the right front servo

rudd is the 3 wires from gyro

gear is one wire from servo.....although i dunno if it goes in the + or - positon (top or bottom)???

i also dunno witch way to plug the wires in?? i assume black is plus and white is minus am i correct??

also need help on bind process... do i need to have all the servos pluged in exept throttle or what?? i do have bind plug and have been told it goes on the batt slot am i correct and can anyone put up an easy process for all this it would be a vital post here in this thread..... thanks alot guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in