Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivinfast247 View Post
Well damn......that's good to hear. You are not helping me to not buy one, lol.
Just get one....You won't regret it.....
mtuccio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatkeeper View Post
Here is mine after a nose in 90 degree to earth crash. I bent the blade back and finished out the pack. I did have to put a little ca on the C gear on the next flight.
Now that's some carnage my friend.....
Old 07-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

36 flights on mine
no crashes...well i dropped it the other night!
Had no vibes to speak of untill after that, may have bent tail shaft but, still flys great.
i keep a log on my iphone in the note pad.
I have to say i'm very happy with it and am glad to hear that other ppl are too.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Love the positive reports! 189 flights here... Two rebuilds after many many wrecks. Changed out worn or broken parts - head block split, tail grips stripped, tail slider assembly replaced, 2 sets of blades are about shot, replaced a main gear, upgraded to metal A gear, changed multiple C and D gears, need new canopy mounts as I broke them and haven't had a cano on in a while. This thing just keeps on ticking, and I've wrecked it very hard on sidewalks and in the street.
Cullen Colapietro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullen Colapietro View Post
Love the positive reports! 189 flights here... Two rebuilds after many many wrecks. Changed out worn or broken parts - head block split, tail grips stripped, tail slider assembly replaced, 2 sets of blades are about shot, replaced a main gear, upgraded to metal A gear, changed multiple C and D gears, need new canopy mounts as I broke them and haven't had a cano on in a while. This thing just keeps on ticking, and I've wrecked it very hard on sidewalks and in the street.
135 flights as of last night....

I did notice late yesterday that the head block has split on mine also so this part is another one that should be inspected carefully (luckily these are cheap). Interestingly enough even though the block is cracked bad (could turn the head about 30 degrees) the heli flew pretty good until it was pushed hard....When I took it apart I expecting to find a bent feathering shaft but this was still straight as an arrow.....
Old 07-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just hit put 7 more in and the tail was acting funy. After close inspection, I found my tail boom to be split. i couldn't see the crack, but could twist the boom in my fingers. New one installed and the tail was solid again. Hit 196 today....
Cullen Colapietro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Just hit put 7 more in and the tail was acting funy. After close inspection, I found my tail boom to be split. i couldn't see the crack, but could twist the boom in my fingers. New one installed and the tail was solid again. Hit 196 today....
I'm about 50 behind you....I guess I'm going to have to start doing some night flying to catch up.....
Old 07-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtuccio View Post
I'm about 50 behind you....I guess I'm going to have to start doing some night flying to catch up.....
;-)

@ 204 as of tonight! Got stuck about 25ft up in a pine tree. My neighbor pulled out some 10ft sections of downspout and we poked it out...
Old 07-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
;-)

@ 204 as of tonight! Got stuck about 25ft up in a pine tree. My neighbor pulled out some 10ft sections of downspout and we poked it out...
Damn....I thought you were trying to give me a chance to catch up.....

No seriously....Glad you got it out.....I had a close encounter with the tree kind tonight myself.....

Just parked it for the night at flight 156...Man this little guy is addicting when it is running good. Just some FYI, the Walkera tail box bearings are holding up great and they still feel new after about 50 flights....
Old 07-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got ~7 hours of flight-time on mine. At say, 4.5 min/flight, that would be 93 flights. I had some tail-vibes which were easily solved by dynamically balancing the tail & installing a pair of Bocas in the tailcase. As you can see in my tail-test video, the tail is vibration-free - even during slow spool-ups & spool-downs: https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...06&postcount=1

Other than the tail-vibes, I have not had any trouble with mine. No hard crashes, but she's gone in over grass a few times. I was quick to hit TH, though. I hit the vertical section of my wire ham radio antenna with the main rotor once. The only damage was a small dent in the LE of one blade. This bird is surprisingly tough for a micro with a TT tail!

All of the gears still look like new, the tail holds well, the A-gear doesn't touch the FET, and I have not had any servo problems. I did order the metal A-gear and the MH 4G6 pitch-slider, but they have yet to arrive.

Joel

Last edited by Turboparker; 07-26-2012 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: Typo
Turboparker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's good to hear Turbo.

Hit 215 today.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #72 (permalink)
Blade Forum Support

175 as of today .

Be blessed
Isaac

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
tntburnett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That's good to hear Turbo.

Hit 215 today.
Wow! You're getting in some serious stick-time! Wind was 20+ MPH around here most of the day, so I flew a couple of hover-flights in the living room. Wasn't all that much fun, however. I get a bit 'white-knuckley' flying it that close to my audio system. That's 95 flights & counting....

I can hardly wait for my order of batteries to show up! Then I'll be racking up the flights on this bird. I'm currently limping along on just a stocker, a pair of TP 325s, and a Hyp 450.

Joel
Old 07-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboparker View Post
Wow! You're getting in some serious stick-time! Wind was 20+ MPH around here most of the day, so I flew a couple of hover-flights in the living room. Wasn't all that much fun, however. I get a bit 'white-knuckley' flying it that close to my audio system. That's 95 flights & counting....

I can hardly wait for my order of batteries to show up! Then I'll be racking up the flights on this bird. I'm currently limping along on just a stocker, a pair of TP 325s, and a Hyp 450.

Joel
I do get in some stick time, most of it while my 1yr old is napping, or after he goes to bed. Working at KBDD this summer as they are 5 minutes away, so I get to fly on my "cigarette" breaks... I can fly 2 flights while everyone else chiefs down a ciggy...

20mph winds wasn't going to stop us today. We are testing the 130x main blades and it was good to see what they would do in those winds. Man, the 130 can really scoot w/ 20mph under it's wing...

223 flights BTW
Old 07-27-2012, 02:29 AM   #75 (permalink)
HF Support

I'm really enjoying cranking in the flights with my 130 as well. About 20 flights yesterday, just 5 today

I must catch up to you guys soon! Hehe...
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got about 25 on mine and love it. Flies solid in my opinion. Glad I got mine when I did.
lenix38 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am back in it!

I had issue after issue that kept my 130 grounded for weeks. However, tonight it breathed new life. I have replaced the tail servo w/ a DS35 and have exchanged the motor for an HP08s 2s 8000kv motor. The final upgrade I did was to purchase some UMX pigtails from EPBuddy, break down my favorite packs and convert them to the stock connector.

I took it out tonight under the lights and got 10 flights in. I was pretty amazed by the power this new combo is putting out and especially taken aback to see the difference in batteries when running the UMX connector vs the JST connector w/ adapter. I purposefully took one TP pack and converted it to UMX, one Sky lipo and one Hyperion. The difference between the two methods of feeding this beast was night and day. My 130 was on crack w/ the UMX equipped packs. I will be converting everything to UMX especially since I have the paraboard and can charge 6 at a time now.

I am finally able to say I broke 260 flights!
Old 08-15-2012, 02:55 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi all from the uk

ok so im thinking im winning this compo lol, getting maybe 4 flights at a push before something goes wrong with the bird, doh!

had one replaced then lhs went through 4 birds to find one that worked fine( yes 4 new birds out of box that didnt work)

with this one, its had 4 tail cogs replaced (free of charge by lhs)
main blades,main spindel and main shaft ( bad crash due to loss of tail control)

just got it all back together now just waiting for a calm spell
see if i can beat my best lol

any way great heli!
on my fire place lol
anglotechbot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012, 04:09 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I hope I don't jinx it by saying it here, but my bird is now getting near perfect like a well-oiled machine that keeps going and going. I did 20+ packs on saturday, 10+ packs on monday and close to 20 packs yesterday (tuesday). Oh, I keep saying I have had 80+ flights, but going in with 60+ flights before these numbers I should be more like 100+ flights now. I just keep feeding freshly charged battery from the charger and when I hook up the next batch to the charger I oil the bearings and check over everything and then fly again with the next batch of batteries. I can finally resume my practice of new moves not worrying about things fail or take it easy in fear of crashing.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012, 04:15 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wasn't this thread to see how many flights we could get with a outta the box configuration? I got to 3 before my first mod. lol
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in