Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis > Raptor G4/E720

Raptor G4/E720 Thunder Tiger Raptor G4/E720 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2015, 05:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default E700 V2

Well I got in my test flight on my new E700V2 today and I must say I am pleased so far. I wanted a nice light setup and a bit lower head speeds . Today I flew at 1680 only and was very pleased with the heli as it still felt light and responsive,I do have 1800 & 1900rpm options set . I only had a 5 minute flight as it is -10c out and a light wind so not really that much fun. I did some loops , rolls, tic-tocs , reversals and some fast backwards flight with a couple loops and a couple long tail slides with rolls and the heli performed well with just a basic 3D setup on the Skookum 540 and 55% gain on cyclic and 50% on the tail. There was no sign of bounce on either so I will start to bring them up slowly when the weather is nicer. I am flying it on a 12s 4000mah pack with a Savox 5065-500kv motor and a Castle Edge 120hv . It has Savox brushless servos all around and a Western Robotics BEC . Rotor Tech 690 FBL mains and 105 RT tails with the tail speed up option added . It's all up weight is 10pds 4oz pounds ready to fly. I was hoping to be a bit lighter but it does feel very good and I am sure with some tuning it will get even better . I shall let you know more as the flights start being put on the bird . take care and feel free to comment .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E700  1.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	569859   Click image for larger version

Name:	E700 2.JPG
Views:	376
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	569860   Click image for larger version

Name:	E700 3.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	569861  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2015, 05:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
Well I got in my test flight on my new E700V2 today and I must say I am pleased so far. I wanted a nice light setup and a bit lower head speeds . Today I flew at 1680 only and was very pleased with the heli as it still felt light and responsive,I do have 1800 & 1900rpm options set . I only had a 5 minute flight as it is -10c out and a light wind so not really that much fun. I did some loops , rolls, tic-tocs , reversals and some fast backwards flight with a couple loops and a couple long tail slides with rolls and the heli performed well with just a basic 3D setup on the Skookum 540 and 55% gain on cyclic and 50% on the tail. There was no sign of bounce on either so I will start to bring them up slowly when the weather is nicer. I am flying it on a 12s 4000mah pack with a Savox 5065-500kv motor and a Castle Edge 120hv . It has Savox brushless servos all around and a Western Robotics BEC . Rotor Tech 690 FBL mains and 105 RT tails with the tail speed up option added . It's all up weight is 10pds 4oz pounds ready to fly. I was hoping to be a bit lighter but it does feel very good and I am sure with some tuning it will get even better . I shall let you know more as the flights start being put on the bird . take care and feel free to comment .
Great stuff.... I just started flying low headspeed (was 1900 & 2050), now adding 1660.

The tail can take some work... hope yours behaves.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I have flown a lot at around the 1600 rpm range with 690-716mm mains on different helis and with the 4.7 ratio I have zero worries at this rpm range. When you get down to the 4.3 range about 1700 rpm is as low as I could go with 115s and 716s as I could feel the tail start to let go if I got a bit off in fast backwards maneuvers. The Synergy E7SE with the 4.9 ratio is great for low headspeed down into the sub 1400s with still a decent tail . At 1680 today with the 4.7 ratio and just my basic start numbers in my Skookum the tail was dang good on punch outs and in fast backwards so I have zero worry's about it and I would have no worries on dropping it another couple hundred rpm but I just want to be in the range I like and that is around 1600 to a max of about 1800 or so. I flew about 300 flight last year on a 600 stretch with 4.5 ratio tail 105s and 690 mains ,most flights where at 1660 and never a tail blow out even in heavy winds but drop it 50 rpm in the wind and you had to be accurate in your backwards manuvers . It is amazing where the RPM line is and it goes from hold on strong to cannot do it with in a small rpm range .
Old 02-16-2015, 07:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

E700 V2 ??

Is that a Thunder Tiger, Dennis? If so, how did you like the build?

edit: should have read the title.......
Old 02-16-2015, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Hello Helinutz2 the build was good and the fit of everything was really good except I had a twist that I could not get out of it. I am not really sure where it originated but no matter what I did it came back the same. In the end I left it as the main shaft dropped through effortlessly and everything lined up perfectly. It was about 1/16 of an inch under one corner of the upper frames once everything was tightened up. The funny thing is everything fit perfectly so it was almost like one frame was drilled slightly off .If I was to completely disassemble everything and lay them onto one another I could possibly figure it out but that was not going to happen after I had wasted an hour plus playing around already ( no patience). I was very pleased by the build and the directions ect but it is a different style kit than the AleeS ect and not made for the crazy loads that they can take . Things are light and simple , it is more like a Logo 600SE design I would say. The head is 1.250" narrower between the blade bolts than the AleeS and it looks small in every way in comparison but they are two different styles for sure . So far it feels a lot like my stretch and that is what I was hoping for so all smiles I guess.
Take care

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in