Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 200SRX

200SRX Blade 200SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2017, 08:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 200 s keeps crashing.

Hi, I have a Blade 200 s which keeps randomly dropping out of the sky. It flies perfectly for a short time, then either suddenly goes violently out of control, or just loses all throttle and drops. I`ve put in brand new lipos, and new batteries in the transmitter, no change. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance, R.
Rickymaroo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2017, 06:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Maybe.....

You might want to check all wiring connections. Blade ESC boards are known for cold joints on the solder where the power wiring attaches to the board. Might check there too. If the solder is not shiny, it's a cold joint. Should be silver not gray when it is done correctly.

A little more info on your setup would help us diagnose your issue. Start with radio model, crash history, etc.
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Bill, thanks for the advice. I`m using a Spektrum DXe radio, which works fine with my Blade MCPX. Eflite customer services reckon it`s most likely an issue with the ESC. I can`t see any obvious bad connections there, but I guess it could be a damaged component. I noticed that the heli`s been unstable in hover for a while with a wobble. I tried adjusting the gains and changed various parts to try to fix it; the swash, main gear and shaft, blades, nothing helped. Unfortunately I`ve had several big crashes with the 200; this was my first 4 channel heli.
Rickymaroo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2017, 07:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 200S had a bad ESC out of the box. I was able to swap my 230S one to prove it. HH sent me a brand new one at no cost. It turned out to be a bad electrolytic cap (you know the big one(s) that hang off the board). I checked it at work on a Sencore capacitor checker and the leakage was off the charts. It also had some of that tell tale crusty yellow stuff coming out from around the plastic.

I hope they have sent you a new one.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in