Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > YGE

YGE YGE ESC Support and Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Red face help with YGE Vbar ready ESC & mini Vbar *Update*

Wow not like this has been asked a million times. I have a newer version 90LV YGE that came with my Logo 500SX combo kit. It has the main throttle lead and the slave lead. The slave lead has the orange signal lead(not sure this is what it is) coming off of it. The orange signal lead is by itself in a servo style connector. So

1. Does this single wire lead go to the RXA slot on the Mini Vbar? I have the throttle lead on RXB and the slave lead on the RXC.

2. I have watched the videos but still not sure of the order from here. Is it program the ESC and then Vbar? Should it be hooked up to the Vbar before or after programming the YGE.

3. What is this special tone the YGE gives off when programmed for Vbar ? It sounds like if you don't get it then it will not work.

4. Any tips for making this as easy as some people suggest. Just not sure of what order to do things in.

Thanks Guys

Last edited by Lompma; 05-09-2013 at 10:41 PM..
Lompma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Don't want to get to cocky but I think I might have figured it out. I checked the requested head speed after watching Mr Mels vids and I got almost what I programmed in. The 3rd wire coming off the slave cable does go in the RX A side. I guess it just cant have any juice supplied to it. I was surprised how high the throttle curves where though. I am used to 70 on my Kontronik ESC's. I will test it out tomorrow and see what all the hype is about. Been flying mostly Kontronik with mode 4 for almost 3 years now. Before that it was stock Align. (ya I know). I hope it is good as everyone says and I hope I did it right. It works per Mr Mels video. Getting 2114 on 100% throttle when I programmed in 2100. Wish me luck. Anything I need to know?
Old 05-12-2013, 02:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Well Ill Be darned..

So, you only had one orange wire in the slave lead from the factory? I guess they custom did that. But yes, the orange lead on the top pin of RXA is what works. Your endpoints should be set with the vbar. I have done it with the RX and its not the same. The special tone you get when you hit heli middle, gov off x3 and plane fast. Its like a charge! chime. Da Da Da Da Dee DAA! Well, you have to hear it lol. Anyways. I set that up first with the program card and then do the endpoints with it plugged in to the vbar as part of the gov set up process.

Mini Prtos 6S Stretch - DS95/DS95i, Mini V-Bar, YGE60 VBAR Ready
CrashAddict is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

well for one thing YGE Vbar ready and Vbar gov rock! It has a more constant HS and I am getting a good 30-40 seconds more flight time.
This YGE is from my Logo 550SX combo. I am using a Kontronik 100LV on the 550SX. Most likely why it is a little different form what else is out there. Makes more sense to have the signal lead separate I think.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in