Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Uh oh. Did I break it?

I picked up a Nano CP X today and had some problems. I used Blade's recommended settings for the DX6i but it kept changing parameters and I had to re bind it a few times.

Once things got sorted it flew pretty well but I did crash it a couple of times in the yard.

Now it's picked up a nasty shudder when I raise the collective. All the moving parts look OK but something isn't right. Here's a YouTube clip to demonstrate:

[ame]http://youtu.be/rv2qohIG91Q[/ame]

Any idea what may be wrong?
Otto Rotation is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Main gear has slipped down the shaft, allowing the pitch to go way more negative than it's supposed to be. Grab the head and see if it has a lot of up-and-down play. If so push up the main gear until it's snug, and put some temporary glue on it to hold. Like liquid electrical tape, hot melt, or white glue. You don't want to use CA since you will probably need to get it off someday.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Uh oh. Did I break it?

+1
Yep sounds like main gear slipped to me. I uses Elmer's glue on mine so it is easy to remove. Just put a coat of glue in with a tooth pick and let it dry then do one more coat and your ready to go!
Old 05-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I looked up 'slipped main gear' and it sounds exactly like my problem.

The blue LED went out a couple of times when I was spinning up the motor. Hopefully I didn't damage the board, too. It wasn't even that hard of a crash.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

i just use a little bit of permatex ultra grey. pops right off when you need it to. one other thing you mayu check (i have this problem daily) is make sure your shaft collar is pushed down all the way, after your main gear is secure anyway. to do this just hold the heli applying pressure to the shaft pushing upward, and take some kind of stick, i use an ice pick, and push the collar down. i have to do this every 5-10 crashes
Old 05-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

You guys were right. Re-seating the main gear on the shaft fixed the shudders.

But, it also appears the 3-in-1 is broken. It will no longer bind unless I literally touch the tip of my finger to the front side of the board. Then it lights up and binds. And goes dark again when I let go. Probably a broken trace.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Rotation View Post
But, it also appears the 3-in-1 is broken. It will no longer bind unless I literally touch the tip of my finger to the front side of the board. Then it lights up and binds. And goes dark again when I let go. Probably a broken trace.
Yup. That big chip in the lower right is the receiver chip. A small jolt in just the right direction will crack a solder joint. Megas Micros is your friend, he'll fix it up for $25.

When you get it back, put foam tape on the canopy where the corner of the board contacts it. Or stretch a piece of fuel tube over the bottom.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in