Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Master CP

Master CP Walkera Master CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Another Master cp video tips

i love this little guy
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
cruzroy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Instead of moving up one spline on servos you can just change your pitch curve in normal throttle mode in transmitter and do the same thing . Idle up modes will also still be correct and so will proper head set up for future idle up use .
5488fletcher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default you are right

but this is the way i did it to increase positive pitch........
cruzroy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default my heli

I was never a fan of dumbing down the heli controls; including overdoing the exponentials. I prefer to learn how to slow down the heli based on my input. I completely get why one would want to slow down the heli. One of my biggest challenges while I learn to fly is slowing down the heli but for me that means smaller, more controlled inputs.
Iíve had my share of slamming down the stick because of fixed pitch muscle memory. Iíve relearned to instantly switch back into idle up when bad things are happening. When I got my first collective pitch (MCPX) I was used to catching the little fixed pitch guys in my hand to land. Well this time with the MCPX I forgot to switch back to idle up and throttled down to landÖOUCH!
Iíve been gradually bumping up my settings on the transmitter. These heliís are pretty capable. The way my heli is set up now, slamming down the throttle stick will make the heli drop about 50 feet per second; I can elevate at about 25 feet per second. Slamming the cyclic means Iíll rotate 90 degrees and I better react quick. Dropping down quickly comes in very handy when the wind grabs your heli (also necessary for inverted hovering). It seems once youíre up 30 feet in the air the wind is completely unpredictable and very strong.
Everyone has to do what works for them but relearning habits will definitely get in the way of progress; although I realize we all have different goals in regards to the hobby. With that said I have found your videos very useful, and thanks cruzroy.
This heli is the reason why I havenít given upÖ
ticojon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default low point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5488fletcher View Post
Instead of moving up one spline on servos you can just change your pitch curve in normal throttle mode in transmitter and do the same thing . Idle up modes will also still be correct and so will proper head set up for future idle up use .
Yea, the low point of your pitch curve controls what you did manually. I read a post somewhere, it said set it to '0' to accomplish what your looking to do. But their heli set up may have been stock. You might need positive pitch based on your set up. Mine is somewhere around -80…HA!
ticojon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in