Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Evolution (formerly ALeeS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2015, 10:31 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The other question would be what headspeed are you running on your Rush? I also run a V Bar in my Rush and really like it but being a modest headspeed type of flyer I had tail issues with my 540 and V Bar ,but have since changed the tail drive ratio and all is good now . So to low of headspeed can cause tail issues that no FBL unit will fix . Currently flying a stretch at 1600 with the 4.73 ratio plus V Bar and loving it.
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2015, 01:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks all. Have got precomp in place but it's been so long since I flew I haven't the faintest idea what it's set to.

Yeah I agree - CGY750 on nitro is awesome!

From memory I have the HS quite high - 2100, maybe even 2200!

Thunder Tiger Raptor G4 CGY750 | ALEES Rush 700 Spirit FBL | Powered by Futaba 18SZ
PlaneHazza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2015, 05:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

With that HS and 115 tails you shouldn't have issues. After some experimenting with tails and mains this year, I'd highly recommend trying some different blades to see if there's something better out there for you, for they are most definitely not "all the same"!!!

Steve
Old 06-23-2015, 06:29 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love the Rail 696 and tails. I'll just have to fiddle more. In honesty, I didn't tweak as much as I should have

Thunder Tiger Raptor G4 CGY750 | ALEES Rush 700 Spirit FBL | Powered by Futaba 18SZ
Old 06-24-2015, 07:56 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't remember numbers on the precomp setting either but we always ran the 115 rail tail blades. The rush always seemed to take about double the collective precomp numbers to get it to be right. Like if it was default at 10 then I would usually end up at 20 or so. Just kind of guessing at the numbers here as I don't remember them exactly as it has been a year or so since having the rush
Old 06-24-2015, 08:49 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks LaDon. From memory (and I'm really stretching my simple brain here ha) 22 rings a bell. I haven't flown for months (I don't pinch - I'm a thumb flyer; as in, I'm under one! ) so I'll have to remember how to take off, let alone program VBars

Old 07-30-2015, 10:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking CGY

Ive been flying the 750 with no problems set up is fast straight forward. Nick Maxwell flys the CGY750 with no problems!
n8rloves2fly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in