Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2016, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default "Bonjour" from France

Hi folks,

So I decided to join the HeliFreak community specially because I was looking for the "best" heli simulator. For people wondering, I just bought AccuRC few days ago.
As you may guess with the title, I'm French. I'm living in Normandy (NW coast of the France).
I started the RC hobby 4 years ago with a BiXler2 (gift from a very good friend who is in the RC world since more than 30 years). Very quickly, I decided to spend most of my free time in this great hobby. I bought a Calmato (trainer), a Yak54 (RIP), a Sukhoi then a glider.
Finally I decider to give a try to the fixed pitch RC heli (Nine Eagle Solo Pro v3). Then, I bought a 2nd hand Align Trex 500 ESP with flybar (my heli instructor told me that I will learn more with this kind of heli), then 2x 2nd hand Blade 130X (to play at work and in my garden) and, to finish, a tiny quad (LadyBird).

The simulator I used so far is Phoenix RC v5.5
My gear is a FrSky Taranis (I'm quite an expert on the French Taranis forum).
For people who are speaking French, I got a YouTube channel with lot of French tutorials in order to learn OpenTX: OpenTX en Français - Playlist
Bye !

Last edited by LapinFou; 12-20-2016 at 02:14 AM..
LapinFou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2017, 03:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hello from Florida, welcome to the HeliFreak world. Lots of opinions, friendship and help to be found here. Maybe we can exchange some ideas, we hope to be coming to Cognac next summer.

I fly both of the simulators you mentioned. Both are good and give you a chance to get good muscle memory lessons. You will see from my sign off the I use the lessons from ArchmageAU in the training section of HeliFreak. I can tell you those lessons, done on a regular basis, have really helped me. I spend a good portion of each flying session in purposefully flying to try to accomplish the goals, then I just fly for fun. Enjoy yourself & Welcome! Andy Levy
Old 01-11-2017, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for welcome message.

If I got it right, you will come oversea next summer in the Cognac area? It is a very nice place with some very good spirituous drink.

I will give a try to the ArchmageAU. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance now to play a lot with AccuRC, however it seems much better than Phoenix RC concerning the heli part. I got a felling which match more my real T-Rex 500 ESP.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

One of the thing that helps me a lot on the simulator is to scale the heli up to as large as possible and fly it in the sports hall in Phoenix. I use Phoenix mostly, just as a matter of habit. Flying in the sports hall forces control because you can get to the walls very quickly.
Yes, I have become a fan of Cognac and it will be a big birthday trip for us. Let me know how the practice goes, Andy
Old 01-12-2017, 03:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the Phoenix RC tip.

And enjoy your birthday trip in Cognac!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in