Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:36 AM   #61
gb48301
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Got you BrokeDad, thanks.

Kla, the receiver that was in it was a Spektrum AR7000.
Oh okay I see.. dang everything makes me so confused. The thing is, I downloaded the 230 S BNF setup (using the Spektrum Programmer On PC) and put in my Tx and the problem is still there.
I will need to figure out how to correctly set up the helicopter, maybe look for a T-Rex 450 set up compatible with the Spektrum Programmer software which I will then put in my DXe using the cable.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:48 AM   #62
kla912000
Registered Users

In the TX programming , the first thing I would do is setup your swashplate. The 230S is FBL so the swashplate mixing is either turned off or set to "1 servo 90°" which let's the FBL unit do all of the swashplate mixing. The Trex 450 SEV2 has a flybar therefore the swashplate mixing needs to be done with the TX. To do this, set the swash mix to "3 servo 120°" and then check your controls. After that is done you should be able to tell what needs reversed to work properly.
Align 450 Pro DFC•Hausler 450 sev2• HK 250gt•Blade 230s• Blade SR• (2)Blade nCPX• (2)Blade mCPX•Blade mCPX bl•HeliMax AxeCP•WL V912•WL V911•MJX F45•Spektrum dx5e•Turnigy 9XR Pro •Dromida Ominous Quad•Clearview Sim
kla912000 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 11:08 AM   #63
BrokeDad
Registered Users

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I have a weird schedule that puts me at work here at 3AM EST. Good advice above. If you did none of this stuff there was probably no chance of a successful maiden flight.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:03 PM   #64
gb48301
Registered Users

Thanks a lot for your advice kla. I will be sure to do that, I'm getting very impatient.
No worries brokedad!

Being impossible to do that with my ridiculously unprogrammable DXe, I'm giving up on this transmitter and purchasing a used DX7 as soon as possible. The guy who sold me the 450 SE V2 said he'd sell me his for 120€ (~130 bucks).
It's my birthday on the fifth of February so I'll have to see with my parents (I'm only turning 16).
Old 01-30-2017, 03:11 AM   #65
kla912000
Registered Users

Hey gb, that's a pretty good price for a DX7. That would be awesome if you are able to get it for your birthday. If you do get it, you can look in the Align manual and it will probably have all of the settings that you need for the Trex 450 and DX7. If not in the manual, then the Spektrum TX's are so popular that just about anyone here on the forum can give you the exact settings that you need to program the DX7 so you can fly your 450. You should really try to talk your parents into getting you the DX7, cause not only can you get the exact settings for the Trex 450, you can also go on the Spektrum or Horizon Hobby website and download the complete file for the 230s and load it on to the DX7, therefore you wouldn't need the DXe at all anymore. The DX7 is a radio that you can grow with and use for a number of helis or planes. Best of luck! I hope they do it for you.
Align 450 Pro DFC•Hausler 450 sev2• HK 250gt•Blade 230s• Blade SR• (2)Blade nCPX• (2)Blade mCPX•Blade mCPX bl•HeliMax AxeCP•WL V912•WL V911•MJX F45•Spektrum dx5e•Turnigy 9XR Pro •Dromida Ominous Quad•Clearview Sim
kla912000 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 04:41 PM   #66
gb48301
Registered Users

Alright thanks for your advice and information kla! I will keep all of that in mind and talk my dad into purchasing the DX7. That way I'll actually be able to grow, to set up different helis and get new helicopters later on. I think I might be planning to buy either a cheaper or smaller helicopter so I can further push myself when it comes to inverted flight and future 3D maneuvers.
Well, before I look into that I will have to get the DX7, it's a must