Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 470 Class Electric Helicopters

Old 04-02-2017, 11:04 AM   #21
Spazztl
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post
I would imagine these would fit the bill just right?

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...450l-heli.html
Im using these in my 470LP . they work great
Old 04-16-2017, 08:28 PM   #22
RevToTheRedline
Registered Users

I'm using the Align 6s 1850mah 50c packs cause the Align Trex Store has a good deal on them and I like XT60 connectors which they come standard with
RevToTheRedline is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:13 PM   #23
perrypoint
Registered Users

The Pulse 1800 45C batteries are amazing.

The first day I was so excited to fly... forgot to reset the timer. After 7:30 (yes, thats seven and a half minutes!) My low voltage warning sounded at 20 volts. I landed immediately, it was 19.5 volts when I landed. When I got home it was up to 21 volts.

I recharged it, and put 1860 mah back into the battery! Since then, the battery has been working flawlessly. I have four identical batteries, all have the same number of flights etc. and show the same internal resistance in spite of this blunder.

Clearly the Pulse 1800's exceed the 1800 mah spec. Not only did I put more than that into it, but it didn't destroy the battery. I won't be surprised if the battery life is shortened by my mistake, but just the fact that it still performs identically to the other three is awesome.

And yes, I adjusted my low voltage alarm.
I always charge on my Hyperion 720i Dual3 at 2C (the battery claims "true 5C charge rates") but 2C is enough for me and hopefully will prolong the life.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:15 AM   #24
nivaldin
Registered Users

Align 1850mAh 50C - 4min at 3000rpm - 3D flight
Old 04-28-2017, 11:29 AM   #25
Number
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrypoint View Post
The Pulse 1800 45C batteries are amazing.

The first day I was so excited to fly... forgot to reset the timer. After 7:30 (yes, thats seven and a half minutes!) My low voltage warning sounded at 20 volts. I landed immediately, it was 19.5 volts when I landed. When I got home it was up to 21 volts.

I recharged it, and put 1860 mah back into the battery! Since then, the battery has been working flawlessly. I have four identical batteries, all have the same number of flights etc. and show the same internal resistance in spite of this blunder.

Clearly the Pulse 1800's exceed the 1800 mah spec. Not only did I put more than that into it, but it didn't destroy the battery. I won't be surprised if the battery life is shortened by my mistake, but just the fact that it still performs identically to the other three is awesome.

And yes, I adjusted my low voltage alarm.
I always charge on my Hyperion 720i Dual3 at 2C (the battery claims "true 5C charge rates") but 2C is enough for me and hopefully will prolong the life.
Capacity is typically given by having it at 3.7V per cell, then charging to 4.2V per cell. Whatever amount of mAh the charger reads put into the pack (this is done at the factory when they make the batteries) is the rated(and thus labeled) capacity of the battery.

If the battery is lower than 3.7V per cell when you charge it (i.e. 3.6V), you will likely put in more than the labeled capacity.

However, there's a typical guideline that says not to use more than 80% of its rated capacity (i.e. only pull 4000mAh from a 5000mAh LiPo) to help preserve battery cycle life. So it would be advisable to adjust your voltage alarm or timer so that when you charge it, it ends up putting around 80% back in.
Number is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:17 PM   #26
Cullen Colapietro
Registered Users

Glacier, gensace, pulse 6s 1800

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
Cullen Colapietro is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:47 PM   #27
Torqueshaft
Registered Users

Turnigy nano-tec 2200 mah 45-90C's for me. Tight fit but work great.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:26 PM   #28
yakky
Registered Users

It all comes down to how fat the packs are. Length does not appear to be a problem. 2650s fit fine.

yakky is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:29 AM   #29
rlane4osu
Registered Users

Glacier bad?? I've been running glacier/pulse exclusively for a couple of years now and have had no issues. 3s and 6s. The only glacier I've ever puffed was after a hard inverted crash on pavement where the battery was exposed on top. I'm not saying someone has never puffed one (they all will eventually) but I wouldn't rate any gens ace, pulse, or glacier over each other given they are spec'd the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rlane4osu is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:35 AM   #30
rlane4osu
Registered Users

Plus you can almost buy 3 glacier packs for the price of a 2 pulses. I would fly either at the end of the day, but glacier usually wins the performance per dollar game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2017, 11:22 AM   #31
Number
Registered Users

I've seen Glacier puff. The good ones are on par with Pulse, but they're hit and miss. Some are great, some are terrible.
Number is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:15 PM   #32
rlane4osu
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
I've seen Glacier puff. The good ones are on par with Pulse, but they're hit and miss. Some are great, some are terrible.
Not disagreeing with you. A good batt is good, a bad one is terrible. Just saying I've seen them all puff. Remember when Pulses were red? Some of the worst cases of ballooning I've ever seen. I just think a bad batch of cells has more to do with it, not the company assembling the packs.

That being said, Pulse is more widely distributed so the bad batches may distribute much faster than packs only sold from buddy.

Can't go wrong either way OP. Fly AA's if it tickles your pickle.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:02 PM   #33
Pappy
Registered Users

Never had a Glacier puff yet. Generally not a good plan to generalize. How many factories do you there are in China that make LiPo cells?
Pappy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:35 AM   #34
Unihiron
Registered Users

Default Something different

I found 1400mah 6s 75c Tattu batteries on sale for $30 on genstattu.com

I maidened my heli with a 1200mah 6s battery and i was able to get the cg happy and I like the way it feels in the air. With my current level of flying I got 4:00 at 2800rpm discharged down to storage charge. Technically I could fly longer. With 1400s I should be able to get 5 minutes and they are not that much heavier either. Ill report back once I get them.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:38 PM   #35
Dennis Everett
Registered Users

im using the Align 1250 & 1450 packs , work great , make it real floaty ..
Dennis Everett is offline        Reply With Quote