Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Old 06-11-2017, 08:05 PM   #221
Raptorapture
CHC Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Dave View Post
So I am just getting started with this app.

My 700 runs (2) 6s 5000 packs on a tray. I charge them individually on a DPL 8.

I have not taken pics of the packs yet, but it sounds like I should treat the 2 packs as (1) 12s pack with regards to programming them into the app?
At first I thought this but then I split them as suggested and it gives much more flexibility for other info such as IR if you go there and retirement. If you're going to go 550 size with single usage it is then possible to track.

Haven't gone QR code yet so can't say how well the rep code will work when run as stick or how the retirement function will impact that when only one of the pair is replaced.

It feels like keeping them together is simpler but I'd only do it if you've made a stick pack out of them. Of course it's easy to merge or split later with some possible loss of info depending on how much you capture.

One more plug for cloning all info for packs
Old 06-13-2017, 11:34 PM   #222
3D Dave
Registered Users

Ok, I programmed them as 12s (2P). Not sure if I should have chosen 2P.

The problem I'm having now is that even though my packs are programmed with a picture (both single 6s 5000 for Logo 500 and the 12s 5000's on trays), the app will not let me add flights to either heli.

It keeps saying "Please ensure all packs are selected".

What am I missing?
Old 06-14-2017, 01:41 AM   #223
DrSteve
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Ok, I programmed them as 12s (2P). Not sure if I should have chosen 2P.

The problem I'm having now is that even though my packs are programmed with a picture (both single 6s 5000 for Logo 500 and the 12s 5000's on trays), the app will not let me add flights to either heli.

It keeps saying "Please ensure all packs are selected".

What am I missing?
Firstly 2P won't actually effect anything, it's purely for information. Some packs you buy are 2P, most are only 1P (but the 1P is not shown as this is assumed).

It sounds to me like you have not selected the packs when adding the flight.

See the attached image below, in this example I have created a Goblin 700 which requires two 6S Packs. When you add a flight you need to select 2 batteries.

I hope that makes sense.

Edited to say (this only affect iOS): there is a bug in v2.0.0 where the packs are not listed correctly when they are not charged, and a warning should be displayed telling you this. Version 2.0.1 is out now, so either upgrade, or select the 'Charge and Fly' option when adding a flight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1497422001.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	711520  
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Align T-Rex 600EFL Pro, 550E DFC and 500 PRO DFC
Blade mCPX and mSR. Spektrum DX9
RC Flight and Battery Log App

Last edited by DrSteve; 06-14-2017 at 01:45 AM.. Reason: Extra info
DrSteve is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:10 PM   #224
3D Dave
Registered Users

I will try the updated version.

Previously however, I tried both the "Charge and Fly" option, as well as changing the packs to charged before adding a flight.

Neither one would let me add a flight (on 2 different helis).

I see how you selected 2 different packs on the goblin. I'm running the same scenario on the 700 (2- 6s 5000 packs) but only programmed them as 1 since they are mounted on a tray for flight. Not sure if that's part of the issue however the 500 only needs (1) 6s 5000 pack.

This is on iOS 10.3.2 and 2.0.0 of the app.

As far as selecting 1P or 2P, if it doesn't matter, I'll change them to 1P. I just thought since the 700 packs are (2) 6s 5000mah packs on a tray, I should select 2P.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:46 PM   #225
3D Dave
Registered Users

Excellent Steve!

Version 2.0.1 did the trick.

I'm REALLY liking this app. I just edited the 6 flights I did yesterday (since the app automatically picks the current day & time).

I already like it better than RC Flight Log.

I'm going to be playing with this app more than flying

Keep it up and please don't stop supporting & advancing it to be compatible with iOS 10.3 and many more iOS versions.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:32 AM   #226
DrSteve
Registered Users

Quote:
As far as selecting 1P or 2P, if it doesn't matter, I'll change them to 1P. I just thought since the 700 packs are (2) 6s 5000mah packs on a tray, I should select 2P.
Just to confirm the P means Parallel, you have 2x 6S in series which makes 12S.

Two 6S1P in series is 12S1P
Two 6S1P in parallel is 6S2P

If you are charging them as 6S packs, personally I would set them up as 2 separate 6S packs, not one 12S pack. And name them so that you know they are a pair (maybe with A and B on the end).
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 06-15-2017, 12:54 PM   #227
3D Dave
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSteve View Post
Just to confirm the P means Parallel, you have 2x 6S in series which makes 12S.

Two 6S1P in series is 12S1P
Two 6S1P in parallel is 6S2P

If you are charging them as 6S packs, personally I would set them up as 2 separate 6S packs, not one 12S pack. And name them so that you know they are a pair (maybe with A and B on the end).
That might be a good idea.

I'm charging them separately as 6s packs on the Dual PowerLab 8 and then use a Y wire harness on the heli to fly as 12s.

They are already labeled 1A and 1B, 2A and 2B, and 3A/3B on the 3 trays.

Will that mess up the data if I just change them to separate 6s packs or should I delete them and start over?

If I delete them to re-add them, will that mess up the flight counter on the heli model?

I don't intend to ever fly them as separate 6s packs (although it's possible that I use 1 as a warm-up pack on the 500).
Old 06-16-2017, 02:39 AM   #228
DrSteve
Registered Users

Quote:
That might be a good idea.

I'm charging them separately as 6s packs on the Dual PowerLab 8 and then use a Y wire harness on the heli to fly as 12s.

They are already labeled 1A and 1B, 2A and 2B, and 3A/3B on the 3 trays.

Will that mess up the data if I just change them to separate 6s packs or should I delete them and start over?

If I delete them to re-add them, will that mess up the flight counter on the heli model?

I don't intend to ever fly them as separate 6s packs (although it's possible that I use 1 as a warm-up pack on the 500).
If you want to delete the packs and re-add them, then set the model to take 6S x2. The heli flight data won't be affected.

Or if you're happy with how it currently is, just carry on using it as you are.
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 06-16-2017, 09:51 AM   #229
dgunawan
Registered Users

Hi Steve. I'm a recent convert to your wonderful app. It's effectively better than my previous one, RC-Log by Scherrer, which to its credit was a pretty darn good app already. It's lack of support for app improvement was always the straw I'd draw.

Anyway, I do have a couple of points to your app, 1 is a change request, and 1 is a question. As a reference, I'm using the app on my LG G5.

1) The Notes field is not easy for me to use. Reasons are:
> Scrolling is difficult to use
> Once I save the log, I cannot select the text to copy/cut/paste
> The field size is small, and sometimes I want to enter wordy notes
> It gets hidden away when the keyboard pops up
What I hope for changes for this field:
> When entering the Notes field, have the "expand" button to allow this field to be used in full screen.
> Provide a scrollbar, especially in the full screen, to accommodate large amounts of text
> When the keyboard pops up, ensure the Notes field does not get hidden
> Allow text selection in both regular and full screen

2) Question, the app crashes when I try to access the IR log of a battery. I think I know the reason why. This particular 12S stick battery pack was first setup in the app as 6S2P. I began logging it for a couple of times. The IR per cell I entered was just up to 6 cells. Then I changed the pack configuration to 12S1P, allowing me to enter the IR per cell up to 12 cells. I'm betting this caused the viewing of the IR logs not possible...for now.
I think the solution on my part is to re-do the logs under 6S2P and log it as 12S1p. I don't know if this will be worth your time to correct, in case dumb-dumb like me do silly things like changing lipo config and expect things to work.

Anyway, those are 2 immediate things I observed. I hope you can at least address item #1. Thanks!

Dan
dgunawan is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:05 AM   #230
DrSteve
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgunawan View Post
1) The Notes field is not easy for me to use. Reasons are:
> Scrolling is difficult to use
> Once I save the log, I cannot select the text to copy/cut/paste
> The field size is small, and sometimes I want to enter wordy notes
> It gets hidden away when the keyboard pops up
What I hope for changes for this field:
> When entering the Notes field, have the "expand" button to allow this field to be used in full screen.
> Provide a scrollbar, especially in the full screen, to accommodate large amounts of text
> When the keyboard pops up, ensure the Notes field does not get hidden
> Allow text selection in both regular and full screen
I'll see what I can do. Maybe putting the notes onto it's own page is possible. But, I am slightly restricted what controls I have available to me, I have developed the application for both iOS and Android in parallel using Xamarin.Forms, this allows me to quickly develop the app, but it limits things like scrolling, copy and pasting, etc.

Quote:
2) Question, the app crashes when I try to access the IR log of a battery. I think I know the reason why. This particular 12S stick battery pack was first setup in the app as 6S2P. I began logging it for a couple of times. The IR per cell I entered was just up to 6 cells. Then I changed the pack configuration to 12S1P, allowing me to enter the IR per cell up to 12 cells. I'm betting this caused the viewing of the IR logs not possible...for now.
I think the solution on my part is to re-do the logs under 6S2P and log it as 12S1p. I don't know if this will be worth your time to correct, in case dumb-dumb like me do silly things like changing lipo config and expect things to work.
Thanks for letting me know, I'll have to make sure I do something about this!!

Cheers,
Stephen
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 06-17-2017, 03:09 AM   #231
Coco66
Registered Users

Well done Steve, yet another nice idea with the multiple backups!

Any chance we also get an application icon with a heli and we can choose which one we want? I only fly helis and I feel bad with a plank representing my favourite App!!
Old 06-17-2017, 10:09 AM   #232
DrSteve
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco66 View Post
Well done Steve, yet another nice idea with the multiple backups!

Any chance we also get an application icon with a heli and we can choose which one we want? I only fly helis and I feel bad with a plank representing my favourite App!!
Cheers Coco.

I can easily change the icon on the about screen, unfortunately the one to launch the app almost certainly cannot be changed without rebuilding the whole project. If someone want to come up with a more universal icon please let me know (I'm not much of an artist).
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 06-21-2017, 02:42 PM   #233
dgunawan
Registered Users

Hi Steve. Another issue I encountered. After logging a flight & saving it, when I get back into the log to edit it, I cannot save it. It keeps asking me for a lipo, when it is already in the log the first time.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2017, 01:22 AM   #234
DrSteve
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi Steve. Another issue I encountered. After logging a flight & saving it, when I get back into the log to edit it, I cannot save it. It keeps asking me for a lipo, when it is already in the log the first time.
That's fixed already in version 2.0.3, out now on Android and in a day or two on iOS.

Sorry about that
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 06-22-2017, 05:07 AM   #235
Coco66
Registered Users

Ciao Steve, what about saving the current number of cycles of a battery when recording an IR? And maybe showing it in the graph?
Old 06-22-2017, 11:48 AM   #236
dgunawan
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSteve View Post
That's fixed already in version 2.0.3, out now on Android and in a day or two on iOS.

Sorry about that
Awesome! Thanks Steve!