Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters > 700 Aftermarket Upgrades

700 Aftermarket Upgrades Align T-REX 700 Aftermarket Upgrades by HF Vendors and Supporters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

after micro heli's cnc 0.7 mod gear debacle I'll hold off. My -1 gear with the Miro cnc clutch bearing block set is rock solid
Scorpion Power Systems/Batteries
Spartan RC
John Cook is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 to CoronaL's comments
Kinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoronaL View Post
after micro heli's cnc 0.7 mod gear debacle I'll hold off.
I have a friend who just bought one of these for a 700E he is building. Can you elaborate on the debacle portion?
teshreve is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 11:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My CNC Microheli 0.7 mod gear cost me 28$ and was nothing but crap .Go there to hear the sound of my main gear that has a slighly abnormal tooth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmX567Vo2R8 . They lost me, I will not buy their 1 mod upgrade. I finally bought align -1 main gears and everything is ok now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuHt_xpwgrQ
Old 04-07-2009, 02:57 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbrou View Post
My CNC Microheli 0.7 mod gear cost me 28$ and was nothing but crap .Go there to hear the sound of my main gear that has a slighly abnormal tooth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmX567Vo2R8 . They lost me, I will not buy their 1 mod upgrade. I finally bought align -1 main gears and everything is ok now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuHt_xpwgrQ
yes it does sound like a rattlecage but soo does mine even with align gears.. its the tail driveline thats rattling in mine, really awefull sound..
T-Rex 500 ESP, Stock, Mini-VBar.
C-ARF Yak55 SP 2,6m, 3w 106
Ludde is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2009, 07:23 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by teshreve View Post
I have a friend who just bought one of these for a 700E he is building. Can you elaborate on the debacle portion?
heard these strip easier than the old Align gear. Many who had problems stripping the Align gear stripped the Micro heli one within a few flights. Poor Product IMO, to release that w/out testing. They couldn't have tested it past maybe fit. If they had they would have known Derlin would strip easier if not meshed proper.
Scorpion Power Systems/Batteries
Spartan RC
John Cook is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2009, 01:14 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Last Micro Heli gear i purchased stripped first flight while inverted ten feet off the ground, lucky i got it back on the deck with no damage.

I dont trust these gears.

Emailed the Dealer and manufacture and guess what no reply at all from a nicely worded email.

They wont be getting my money, now if QuickUK make something like this i would snap it up straight away.

The gears are Made in Vietnam, probably from recycled Gi Joe figurines.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

any nitro users that busted there microheli gears? and not "Iwe heard of" rumor.. mine is working perfect.. on a nitro..
Old 04-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Several that has busted it on nitro's, Ove (Camm-1 is one) from our country
Old 04-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah took my new Microheli gear out 2nd flight on my 700N - flying straight and level.
malc1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

well since my fevel attempts off ticktock manouvers and it still is in perfect shape I guezz it must be someting else then week gear.. well 1.0 couldnt hurt :-)
Old 04-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is a pretty tough crowd. I'll admit that the MicroHeli 0.7M was a disappointment. But, here it is, in the flesh, the 1.0M that we've been waiting for. Whatever happens, I'll buy Miro's gear which, from the photos has a little more correct tooth shape, but in the meantime, I'll test this one.

I got the gear installed last night. With the G-Force adjustable block, I was able to set the mesh perfectly and it spins quite smooth. Still need to reinstall the engine tonight. My clutch has never broken but I'll be installing the QuickUK clutch. Amazing that my liner still looks perfect after 10 gallons of fuel. I'm also installing the Kasama bearing blocks with the carbon fiber reinforcement "X." (I've ordered KDE's set for my 700E)

I'm replacing every link with QuickUK (the grip links got replaced long ago). Some of the Align links developed a scary amount of slop. When you pop them off, you find a black, goopy slurry of plastic residue on the balls. Weird.

Anyway, if the weather holds up, it's back into the air on Friday or Saturday!

BTW: (We're way off topic now) This is the first major teardown in a very long time. I am very pleased how everything looks. The only real wear that I found (other than the links) was a slight groove worn in the elevator shaft between the frames where it contacts the inner races of the frame bearings. Anybody ever see this?
Old 04-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludde View Post
any nitro users that busted there microheli gears? and not "Iwe heard of" rumor.. mine is working perfect.. on a nitro..
here's my experience with the insta strip micro heli cnc gear https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=121463
Old 04-11-2009, 08:18 AM   #34 (permalink)

Look video of original plastic wheel
T-REX 700 Gearing problem (1 min 9 sec)
tombrown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2009, 08:16 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombrown View Post
Look video of original plastic wheel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpg8uIkPhWk
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to see in this video. Can you give us a narration? The gear looked like it was behaving fine. What kind of gasser conversion is that?

BTW: The landing gear isn't designed to place that sort of load on it. You could get some real excitement if it pulled off.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:57 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flight review

I flew this gear set on Friday and Saturday. No problems whatsovever. I set the mesh where I could just barely feel a tiny bit of play (G-Force adjustable block). The mesh didn't change after 7 flights, no gear dust, and no sign of wear. Very smooth although it definitely has a little different sound in the air. Not bad; just different. Not surprising, I guess, since the different tooth count generates a different frequency.

I guess that I didn't realize that I had been holding back a little (without really thinking about it) ever since I lost a few gear teeth a few months ago. I really let'er rip and all my flying buddies commented on my more aggressive flights. I must say, it is one thing less to worry about since I can't imagine ripping out well adjusted M1.0 teeth.

Miro, I'm still ready to install your gear but until it is available, the Microheli setup is just the ticket.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:14 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdane View Post
I flew this gear set on Friday and Saturday. No problems whatsovever. I set the mesh where I could just barely feel a tiny bit of play (G-Force adjustable block). The mesh didn't change after 7 flights, no gear dust, and no sign of wear. Very smooth although it definitely has a little different sound in the air. Not bad; just different. Not surprising, I guess, since the different tooth count generates a different frequency.

I guess that I didn't realize that I had been holding back a little (without really thinking about it) ever since I lost a few gear teeth a few months ago. I really let'er rip and all my flying buddies commented on my more aggressive flights. I must say, it is one thing less to worry about since I can't imagine ripping out well adjusted M1.0 teeth.

Miro, I'm still ready to install your gear but until it is available, the Microheli setup is just the ticket.
Now if the rest of us could just get one
CRITEX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2009, 12:00 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

maybye Im missing something regarding the gear stripping problem on the 700, but shouldnt Align do someting about this in production of the heli? I thougt it was normal that manufactures make modifications between different production batches when a problem with the product occures.

Im about to buy a 700 any day now but I get somewhat annoyed about the fact that it is up to the customer to fix a problem that Align should have taken care of.

Lars
larsst185 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2009, 12:32 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My orignal gears are fine on my 700 and I have had my heli since the first run of kits, last July.

Camron
Cameron_S is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #40 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron_S View Post
My orignal gears are fine on my 700 and I have had my heli since the first run of kits, last July.

Camron
Me too but remember mine was from the original pre production batch. However recently I noticed my backlash was getting looser so I think it was a matter of time. Guys in my area flew for quite a while before they started stripping gears and now almost every one of them have stripped a gear and had to make mods to the bearing blocks, etc.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in