Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2016, 05:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default YGE 200 or Vbar settings Issue on Logo 800

Hi everyone. I have been thrashing this point in the past regarding a sluggish response of my logo 800 despite a good electric setup. I know that its a light disk heli and does not bear throwing and tossing like other 600 or 700 class helis, but looking at different videos and stuff, the one I have looks barely flying. I have setup up the electronics on expert advices of many users here on this great forum but this time I request that some one to give me complete settings on what they are flying with no problems. The detail of my setup is as under:
Stock motor
YGE 200hv ( Bought separately not Mikado version)
Vbar silverline (Bought separately, not Mikado release)
Pitch around 11.5 both ways with 1850 HS max
Please help
faisalmalik is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2016, 03:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi dont know if this will help but i ran 12 degrees max pitch with 2200 head speed on the stock combo so scorpion motor with YGE160 and vbar silverline. My normal headspeed was 1950. I flew it "relaxed" and it felt very good but then I saw my heli in the hands of a very good pilot

All i can say is that it sounds like 2 bricks being smashed together when that machine comes to a inverted stop 2 metres above the ground.

I seriously doubt it is your electronics so up your headspeed and pitch a little and see what happens;-)
Chippie13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2016, 04:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippie13 View Post
Hi dont know if this will help but i ran 12 degrees max pitch with 2200 head speed on the stock combo so scorpion motor with YGE160 and vbar silverline. My normal headspeed was 1950. I flew it "relaxed" and it felt very good but then I saw my heli in the hands of a very good pilot

All i can say is that it sounds like 2 bricks being smashed together when that machine comes to a inverted stop 2 metres above the ground.

I seriously doubt it is your electronics so up your headspeed and pitch a little and see what happens;-)
Thanks for your input chippie13, I'll dial in your advice and let you know. Besides, I forgot to mention that sometimes with fresh charged batteries, the spool up is very slow, it's like may be 400 to 500 RPM max. On powering down twice or thrice, the heli suddenly picks up the normal HS. It does not always happen but occasionally. I've redone all connections, checked every nook and corner, even changed batteries, but it remains. I had already highlighted here and other forums but probably this trouble is hard to understand verbally. I've contacted mikado and YGE for this and tried their settings too but in vain. I finally think that my speed controller may be faulty. Any guesses please
Old 06-05-2016, 05:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you done the high and low throttle stick programming for the YGE? If not you're probably not getting anywhere near max throttle output from the ESC. You need to do that first. Then, if you're running the ESC's governor, you need to go back into the program card and activate governor store with your batteries charged to 4.0v/cell and spool the motor up with linear throttle curve and 100/100 throttle endpoints (no throttle trim either). You will hear the motor reach max headspeed then hesitate for a quick second signaling that you did it correctly.

There are many videos on youtube showing you how to do this but the best one is from Frederick Melan aka Mr. Mel. Once all that is done you can set your flat throttle curves, governor gains, and spool up rates in the controller. Make sure active freewheeling is activated in the program card as well so that you can run really low throttle curves. Stay between 60% and 85% throttle in your Tx. Any less than 60 may give you issues. Any more than 85 and your governor will not have enough "overhead" to properly govern headspeed.

If you're running a governor from the Vbar you may need to redo your throttle programming in the Vbar software.

Try maybe upping the headspeed a bit, but 2000rpm is probably the max I would go on 813's. Mikado I believe states 1850rpm to be the designated headspeed which is a little low. Kyle Dahl safely tested the machine to 2100rpm which is still very very high. 2200 is unknown territory -insane headspeed even for a 700, much less an 813. I'd think you'd be bending blade bolts at that rpm. This machine shouldn't require that kind of rpm to be responsive. If its not responsive enough for you at 1900-2000rpm, it won't be responsive for you period. You may want to look at getting a different heli at that point honestly. Good luck.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2016, 05:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stick calibration done. Freewheeling on. Using vbar governor. I'll try and increase head speed. Vbar programming repeated many times. U c issue is the spool up behavior. Usually everything is going fine but suddenly the spool goes down to around 4 to 500. Not even hover able. After one to two repeated spool ups, it suddenly picks up the pace. That's the issue not getting solved
Old 06-05-2016, 06:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you tried without a gov? Do you see gov glitches in the vbar log?
mikehunt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2016, 12:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've messed with the OEM yge 160's.

I had an issue with one of mine doing a false startup , not going to proper rpm , etc

It was a software issue ( mik oem ver 25 - written on cap with sharpie) , v26 came out with a few tweaks needed ( I skipped to 27 via update) , finally v27 came out with all the fixes applied - proper rpm , good starts , no 1/4-1/2 turn start kicks, etc

TO the best of my knowledge 27 os current.

Is it at all possible it is a 160 ? Does it have the big X heatsink ?

Of not , check into the software , might need an update.

-------------

Of course this is assuming you got the rpm lead plugged in right. I messed it up on both my 700 and 800 , odd stuff happens. Check the logs , if it's wrong there will be pages of errors.

----------

Agility :

I also found the stock XX software version a bit slow.
I'm not pro hotdog pilot , but I try.

What I did was add 10-15 (I recall) to the mainrotor agility , and 15-20 to the tail piro.
This seemed to wake up the heli a bit.

I run 1850 on 12 degrees. I'm not getting to close to max of 12 very often so 11.5 shouldn't be a major difference.

Also worth noting these 800 (I also built a 770) seem to have 2 modes to them.

Smooth and not to drastic inputs will make for a smooth flying and tracking machine.
Once the inputs get sharper and a bit larger the heli seems to wake right up.

When I get aggressive with the 800 I get loud blade barks and stop barking, this is with aggressive, larger , and sharper inputs. I've watched and listened to some of kyles vids and he's working the sticks to make that 700 (and 800 back in the day) jump.

I'd suggest to try :

- software on YGE , see if the false start issue can be fixed
- bump agility's little
- bump rpm to 1800 or 1850
- When your looking for a sharp move , give a sharper quicker poke.

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2016, 02:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Martin for a detailed view of the problem. With me, I have 200hv bought separately so it's not mikado locked thing. Is there any way we can update or tweak the software version of YGE because prog card does not offer that facility neither it has pc connectivity
Old 06-07-2016, 11:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Updates are done at the YGE factory.

I sent mine (Mikado oem) in direct (pre Mikado usa) , didn't take to long once german customs was done with it (1 month )

For the non Mikado units , send out an email to the electrorc in the us.

Might not be all that beneficial for you to ship to the states then back and forth, Germany might be quicker from Pakistan.

I'd send and email to the electrorc folks and get some info on the software version and any know issues with it.

It's written on one of the caps with a fine tipped sharpie.

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2016, 07:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I've decided to swap my YGE 200 with scorpion 160 esc on logo 800 because it supports 14s and cost effective too as compare to other pricy ESCs. If someone has used it on logo 800 than kindly share
Old 06-11-2016, 05:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

You could have consider the hw200 or 160.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes these are good escs but I prefer this because I already have it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in