Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 06:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I Feel Sorry For Align

At this rate it seems like the 100 will not be coming till atleast March in the UK. If that is the case and HH does meet it's shipping date with the MCPX then they are in trouble.

I was going to get both but now its likely that I wil be getting only the MCPX the way align are going
Euwan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2011, 06:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

i wouldnt feel sorry for Align ,mate , the heli division is only a small part of their business,

the 100 was a total goof imoo, its 5 years to late .

the mcpx will snot it .... so much so, im sure the align exec are all fanging mcpx's around the office ...
jason
oldschool269 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2011, 06:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

LOL, They are prob so bitter they put in the company policy anyone seen flying the MCPX gets fired.
Euwan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2011, 06:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euwan View Post
At this rate it seems like the 100 will not be coming till atleast March in the UK. If that is the case and HH does meet it's shipping date with the MCPX then they are in trouble.

I was going to get both but now its likely that I wil be getting only the MCPX the way align are going
When has HH come close to their release date? I have one on backorder but I expect the release date to continue to change as always.
newhelliguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euwan View Post
LOL, They are prob so bitter they put in the company policy anyone seen flying the MCPX gets fired.
i do wonder the exec that pushed the creation of the align 100 over other projects in the pipe .
i do wonder how secure his job is now , after the mcpx,

eflite did keep the release really quiet !

and to company designers ... guys and girls its 2011 , if its not collective pitch , forget it ..
jmoo
jason
Old 02-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe their crystal ball was a little foggy.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblade400 View Post
Maybe their crystal ball was a little foggy.
foggy ... hmmm , the 700e was a slam dunk sucess , they hit the crack pipe so hard , through the haze they thought the 100 was a good idea ,

jason
Old 02-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool269 View Post
i wouldnt feel sorry for Align ,mate , the heli division is only a small part of their business
True - Here is Align's core business competency:

Old 02-23-2011, 08:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

that really sucks !!
lmao
jason
Old 02-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My local hobby store just got in 100's today.
timmay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

The have stereos and rice cookers as well.
Crash549 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2011, 05:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmeeks View Post

Yeah, kind of makes you wonder hu? If a bunch of guys that make vac. cleaners can turn around and hand eflite thier ass thus far product for product, then what is eflite's core core business competency?

Just saying...
4G6, mCPX, mCPXBL, nCPX, mSR, mCX
Gadflyii is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2011, 06:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

When will the upgrades for the 100 come out, and then the v2 and then the ESP super duper pro

But seriously, anything with Align printed on it will sell by the crate load, no need to feel sorry for them, and Align create competition which is good for lovers and haters alike. Remember though, not so long ago nobody thought thunder tiger's dominance could be toppled.
DMHC

frogbmth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2011, 06:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, of course people who are regulars on Helifreak will prefer a CP micro, but there is a big market for noobs and the 100 or 120SR fit the bill nicely. I just think it's silly to compare them when they are completely different helis for completely different audiences. It's like someone saying that align pwnd Eflite because align came out with the 700E and all EFlite came out with was the mcpx, just doesn't make sense!
Walkera 4#3B, Walkera 4#3B Brushless, Blade 120SR, Blade MCPx, Trex 450 Pro, Trex 500, Trex 600, JR X9503

Please repair your divots.
Rob0506 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadflyii View Post
Yeah, kind of makes you wonder hu? If a bunch of guys that make vac. cleaners can turn around and hand eflite thier ass thus far product for product, then what is eflite's core core business competency?

Just saying...
Lol... the only ass-handing here would have been to the CG artist at Align if he hadn't been able to create the 3G CAD fast enough.

I can't believe some people here are actually foolish enough to fall for the smoke & mirrors.

Yes, at some point Align will have a real, ready-for-market sub-micro CP - We definitely now know it is their intention to at least "process" it (whatever that means), according to their Facebook.

But if you believe they've been working on it prior to finding the poop in their pants when the mCPX was unveiled, then... well... all I can say in response is, please say hi to Santa and the Easter Bunny for me.

By the time you have your 1st T100 3G, I'll be on my fifth mCPX and will have learned how to do rainbows & piro flips over my dining room table.

BUT - if by some miracle Align manages to get this heli to market and in consumer's hands anytime within the next 12 months, I will gladly eat crow and celebrate another consumer option in the marketplace - Heck, I might even buy it if it can be bound to a real TX.

Until then, I'm crying foul - this is just a shameless attempt by Align to freeze the market with vaporous wishful thinking.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Eflite and Align

Hello,

Eflite, Spektrum, Parkzone etc. - all this brands/ divisions belongs to Horizon-Company.

So meanwhile Align needs to buy from other MFG to offer combos, Horizon can offer complete combos even offering Tx. Horizon holds all the expertise (except nitro engines) in one of their focused division.

ALIGN seems to have passed it's own horizon, partially can be seen on some really funny moves they did and, many people jumping on the ALIGN-waggon started to be saturated and becoming more open for other MFG/ brands as well

Maybe the T-Rex700e is now a succes for ALIGN, but there where already a few that offered conversions before ALIGN themselves, pretty astonishing, as ALIGN before seemed to be always the first mover .. further examples of wrong or late business decisions are the T-Rex550 (pretty late), the 3G (compare to a Beast-X and you'll know), the T-Rex700 F3C (ALIGN perfection for F3C ? ) ..

.. and know the T-Rex 100 .. sorry ALIGN, this is not your expertise .. not that surprisingly there are pics on the web showing an anounced T-Rex100 mod FBL ..

Success is a dangerous thing, as you start to overshoot, what you business is about and what not to do .. and there are moves ALIGN should do, as defend its position in its 250 to 700 domain, as others (e.g. Outrage) start to take away parts of the cake? Hey ALIGN, what about overworking your current design with some flaws and making it a retrofit? (e.g. offering 135/ 140 swash geometry, eliminating the swash-design-flaw, improving serviceability, implementing more modular design etc.)

You can say about Walkera what you want, but Walkera and Horizon beats down ALIGN in the domain of small heicopters all day long .. very bad move ALIGN ..

Best Regards,
Oliver

P.S: I guess the ALIGN decision-makers in the T-Rex100 affair didn't even look what's already around in this domain, else they would have recognized, that there are others doing already FBL minis .. or have they been that arrogant to believe, that there are enough ALIGN-fanboys buying whatever they will throw on the market ?
Raptor30_V1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Mind you though, at least align don't have MAP and terminate contracts with retailers when new business advancements are made. However only time will tell why align is entering the micro market.
P.S. I like most people, like both Align and Eflite, so I do not want to offend anyone by my comments.

Both helis look great though (trex 100 3G and eflite MCP X)
Max McCarthy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
col
Registered Users

Theres still alot to go with reguards to a decent mirco that can 3D. i have got the mcpx, yes its fun but the tail is always blowing out, tails better then msr but still poor in respects for a heli with collective pitch, its also a little scary for some indoors, really have to be on the sticks. Theres still much room for improvement, we'll just have to wait and see what the 3G100 will be like. I am sure there will be many more models of micros in the future so really each new model is a little step further is some way or another and i welcome them all.
I hope to have a micro that you can actually do some hard 3d with and the tail holds great plus has the power with 4 or 5 mins flight.
I hope Align does release a 1003g, and than i hope another company tries to improve on both and have something better again.
col is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max McCarthy View Post
Mind you though, at least align don't have MAP and terminate contracts with retailers when new business advancements are made. However only time will tell why align is entering the micro market.
P.S. I like most people, like both Align and Eflite, so I do not want to offend anyone by my comments.

Both helis look great though (trex 100 3G and eflite MCP X)
Align most certainly DOES have MAP, although most of the time it is not enforced as strictly as Horizon Hobby products.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmeeks View Post

That explains the T100. I notice Eflite doesn't make vacuum cleaners, hmmmmmmmmmm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in