Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 130S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2017, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Understanding Safe / Panic Switch on 130S

Hi, I have been flying my 130S for fews weeks now, I never used the panic switch that comes with SAFE because I just did not had the reflex of pressing panic switch when not in control. That said, I decided to try it this weekend to see what it felt like. I have and DX8G2 witch the panic switch assigned on switch A. I tought that pressing the Switch A during flight would only put the heli in stability mode since i'm using IU2. I was suprised to see that when I pressed the panic switch, the heli self leveled itselft but I had no more cyclique and collective control on it and it was gaining altitude. Is this the way the PANIC is supposed to work on these SAFE equiped helicopters ? I almost crashed it after releasing the Panic switch since I was giving it negative pitch to try to stop getting higher.

Thank You !
jenfre is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2017, 11:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes that is how it is supposed to work.

You are required to press the button or flick the switch and return all sticks to neutral, it then rights itself and slowly ascends. You aren't returning the sticks to neutral as it starts descending when you take finger of button or flick switch back.

It's explained in full in the manual.

Lots of things that fly and crash!
FlyingFiz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2017, 10:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you for taking time to awnser me. I guess I missed that part when I red the manual. Like you said, the manual says to return controls to neutral before releasing the panic switch wich I did not do obviously
Old 04-28-2017, 07:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My experience on both my 130s and 230s when pressing self level bind button the heli rights itself but does not correct altitude. It will go up or down depending on pitch. Most of my test are from inverted hover, hit bind button heli rights itself then drops because at the time of inverted hover it has negative pitch.
You can see on both 130 and 230 videos heli drops when I hit bailout until I correct pitch
Blade 130s testing self level Safe bail out (2 min 40 sec)

Blade 230 s testing Safe bail out in flight (1 min 35 sec)
d12bn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2017, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by d12bn View Post
My experience on both my 130s and 230s when pressing self level bind button the heli rights itself but does not correct altitude. It will go up or down depending on pitch. Most of my test are from inverted hover, hit bind button heli rights itself then drops because at the time of inverted hover it has negative pitch.
You can see on both 130 and 230 videos heli drops when I hit bailout until I correct pitch
@d12bn hi, did you make any adjustments to rates and or servo travel? My first few flights felt good but cyclic reponse feels a bit lazy. Last flight I tried 100% & 10% expo which felt better. Just curious what rates you using for 3D?

Thanks.
Lotus 7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2017, 12:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by d12bn View Post
]
Thank you for taking time to anwser and sharing videos. As I have tried the Panic function again on both 130S and 230S, I realised there were no issue at all with the panic function. I still have collective and cyclic control on them while the panic is activated. It tought I had no cyclic control on the heli the first time because while on SAFE the heli is not very responsive on input.

As Lotus 7 asked, I am also interrested to know what D/R setting you are using on your 130S for 3D flying. Are your servo travel over 100 % ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in